“Recent Stay at the Omni in Richmond”

Omni Richmond Hotel
Ranked #13 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Great hotel in the heart of a very nice part of town! You are in walking distance to everything. I paid for an upgrade and the room was worth it in space, but not in asthetics. The carpet was extremely dirty, the couch I wouldn't sit on, and the walls looked as if the previous person before me had an all night party! My bathroom still had eyeliner shavings on the counter...was it even cleaned?!?

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Richmond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Your comments regarding your recent stay are appreciated and we are delighted that you enjoyed our great location. We do sincerely apologize that your room was not more thoroughly cleaned and your comments will be shared with our Director of Housekeeping. Feedback from our guests is a valuable way for us to understand how we can make positive changes and we hope the future will give us the opportunity to welcome you back for a stay that will exceed all of your expectations.

There are newer reviews for Omni Richmond Hotel

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I've stayed at a number of hotels downtown and in the West End of Richmond and was excited about my stay after reading a number of Trip Advisor reviews. There are a lot of plusses about this hotel, great location in the financial district, very close to a number of good restaurants including Tobacco Company, Morton's, Hard Shell and Bookbinders, front desk staff treated me well and gave me a nice corner room overlooking downtown and the James River on the 17th floor, pool was nice for lap swimming, Starbucks on the premises and the Y if you feel the need to exercise is in the building so no need to go outside which is great whne it was in the 30's two days. I even decided to stay an extra day to take advantage of a Winter promotion. The rooms were nice and spacious and enjoyed the flat screen TV and nice bathroom and the front desk was generous with a refrigerator and two daily bottles of water and the turnaround time for pool towels and more water in the bubbler were swift.

My only hiccup during my stay was the lack of maid service on my last day and I was upset since I was gone for about 6 hours and was appalled to see the room was not serviced. However, they did give me turndown service and it would have been nice if that person would have alerted Housekeeping to notify them the room was not serviced. Neverthless, Marshall Harris, security supervisor personally delivered my 2 bottles of water and offered me a breakfast buffet the next morning although I did not use it since I like trying the local places and the buffets tend to be cookie cutter. To my surprise, the General Manager and Director of Rooms both heard about my issue and quickly made amends to diffuse the situation and they both cam thru with shining colors and removed one night's room and taxes off my bill and offered me a discounted rate for my next visit in February and will also visit in March.

Therefore, I will stay at this hotel for my visit to RVA and hopefully, there will be no hiccups on my next trip. Thanks Holly & Tobie for stepping up your game and would like to make the Omni my personal stay in Richmond since I usually come down 5-6 times per year.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank SmilingSteve4
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The Omni Suites was less than a 100 yards from the restaurant we booked for dinner on New Year's Eve. The room had a great view of the downtown area. It was a fun evening and a great place to stay to enjoy the Richmond area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Great location. Excellent door staff and valet. Had issues with front desk staff, but manager rectified matter. I would return for another stay at this hotel. Very nice looking lobby and shopping area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Be careful as you will be paying more than they tell you. You are charged for parking, internet, everything- and the staff don't seem to give you a direct answer on certain things (like valet parking and internet charges). Not worth the $

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Richmond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

We appreciate your feedback and regret that we did not better communicate what was included with your room rate. We do try to make information regarding parking and other charges readily available on our website and will review our information to make sure it is easy for our guests to access. If you would consider returning to our hotel, or any other Omni Hotel or Resort, we would like to recommend that you sign up for our Select Guest Program. There is no fee to join and you receive many valuable perks such as complimentary wireless internet access and morning beverage delivery to your room. Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to read your feedback and we hope for a future opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Great hotel accomodations and great location for downtown walking/access to shops and restuarants. Starbucks coffee located on lobby floor and cozy fireplace setting. Restaurant also located on lobby floor so do not have to go outside to eat or drink or drive.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed here for a night out on the town in the 'Bottom. Location can't be beat for hopping around to pubs and such. A nice hotel: 'no complaints whatsoever. This is my second or third time staying here for such a purpose, and I'm sure I'll be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends