“Nice hotel but beds too small for 2 people.”

Omni Richmond Hotel
Ranked #17 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The full size beds in the 2 bed rooms are too small for 2 average size persons to sleep comfortably. Otherwise, this hotel is very well run and convenient to downtown Richmond. Walking distance to several good restaurants and easy highway access. If not for the bed issue, I would give this hotel an excellent.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Write a ReviewReviews (2,083)

Reviewed 21 April 2014

got early check in. Front desk very helpful. Had a great room on the 18th floor with good views of the city. Can walk to a lot of parks and things to do in downtown Richmond. Bed and linens were comfortable with ample pillows that felt like down. Ordered room service breakfast and they were right on time. Great home made bread was the highlight of the meal. Over easy eggs were a bit overcooked but overall a great experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Great place to get away for a Wedding Night. Elegant and Classy! Stayed on the top floor over looking the downtown area and river. Definately would recommend to anyone. Service was great and even though i had a small miss understanding they quickly solved my problem and then exceeded to accomadate the next morning with complimentry coffee and breakfast at Their restaurant. More than i was expecting. They did a great job!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This week I'm traveling to my home office in Richmond, VA. I tweeted my happiness with the service here, but it really needs more elaboration. Last night, my wonderful server catered to my picky food needs and ordered me plain pasta. She even sent me up to my room with a couple of Amstel Liites. Tonight I went downstairs with the intent of having a beer and met the best server. He immediately hit it off with me (which is hard cuz I'm really introverted and don't give out many social clues). He also noticed my simple tastes in food and recommended places that I might be more happy.... I misplaced my phone and they brought it up to me.... I feel so special! They have left me nice surprises as a thanks for my nice tweets (a twitter bird cookie one time and a bamboo in a vase another) Every time I come here, everybody is so awesome about my little idiosyncrasies and they really want me to be happy here. I just wanted to gush about Omni Richmond because they are getting something right. From the first person who sees me in the lobby to the women who clean my room - they make me feel so special and I love them.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 April 2014

When we arrived at this hotel we were greeted by a group of efficient and joyful hotel personnel that you seldom find anywhere. Thru out the weekend, the staff made us feel welcome, joyful and secure. I slept like a baby on their wonderful, soft bed. Don't miss this great hotel experience!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Staff was great but you are pretty much stuck with valet parking but was worth it. You do have to pay for the internet and it's free only in the lobby so if you are at the pool you are using the broadband you have paid for while enjoying the pool. There is no microwave nor personal fridge in the basic rooms and there is no quick foods in the area either. Local foods is great and in walking distance. If you want high class than that's fine but for a general stay unless you want the area I would not stay here again for the price you pay. AWESOME beds though!!!! :) Also don't expect to be able to handle your own luggage they pretty much force you to let them take them from your car and then from your room to your car.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Richmond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

We appreciate all of your feedback both positive and constructive. If you stay with us again we would like to encourage you to sign up for the Select Guest program which includes many valuable perks like complimentary wifi in the guest rooms and morning beverage delivery service. If you return, we would also encourage you to check out the James Center which is attached to our lobby for additional quick and casual dining options. Thank you again for all of your comments and we hope for a future opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

we stayed one night at the Omni in Richmond, VA. we were very satisfied with the accommodations at the Omni. the staff was very friendly and helpful when needed. we received a free newspaper and water at the front desk. they also had delicious apples at the front desk! we had no problems and no complaints.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends