“A great experience!”

Omni Richmond Hotel
Ranked #17 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Loved this hotel! Very clean and comfortable. It was a great location for restaurants, pubs and running the canal and Belle Island. Staff was extremely friendly. The lobby was very pretty. Would highly recommend it! Also felt it was very affordable.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Write a ReviewReviews (2,086)

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We had a great experience at the hotel. Especially during breakfast. Our server with very attentive and was happy to point out the more interesting menu items. Service was prompt and efficient! The hotel was close to all the main attractions which was also great. We really enjoyed the morning beverage served offered to Select guest program participants. The Omni is really about those little details that definitely enhance your stay.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We booked two rooms at this hotel during our recent Easter weekend. One of the nicer hotels downtown, close to lots of great restaurants and shops. Everything from the valet staff to the reception staff and housekeeping, were bright, alert, pleasant and attentive.We have been to 5star hotels where the staff think they are too good to be there.....NOT so at the Omni! Our rooms were nice and comfortable, with a decent view ( 11th floor) , good bedding and spotless bathrooms with a good supply of toiletries. Good quality towels and bathrobes. I always check for these pointers, before I start unpacking. Housekeeping added a nice touch of offering a turndown service at night. The Concierge was especially helpful, making calls to check on bookings for us on two separate occasions. The nice things was - there were no attitudes. Genuine helpfulness! We enjoyed our stay and will not hesitate to stay at the Omni on our next visit to Richmond!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The full size beds in the 2 bed rooms are too small for 2 average size persons to sleep comfortably. Otherwise, this hotel is very well run and convenient to downtown Richmond. Walking distance to several good restaurants and easy highway access. If not for the bed issue, I would give this hotel an excellent.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

got early check in. Front desk very helpful. Had a great room on the 18th floor with good views of the city. Can walk to a lot of parks and things to do in downtown Richmond. Bed and linens were comfortable with ample pillows that felt like down. Ordered room service breakfast and they were right on time. Great home made bread was the highlight of the meal. Over easy eggs were a bit overcooked but overall a great experience.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Great place to get away for a Wedding Night. Elegant and Classy! Stayed on the top floor over looking the downtown area and river. Definately would recommend to anyone. Service was great and even though i had a small miss understanding they quickly solved my problem and then exceeded to accomadate the next morning with complimentry coffee and breakfast at Their restaurant. More than i was expecting. They did a great job!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

This week I'm traveling to my home office in Richmond, VA. I tweeted my happiness with the service here, but it really needs more elaboration. Last night, my wonderful server catered to my picky food needs and ordered me plain pasta. She even sent me up to my room with a couple of Amstel Liites. Tonight I went downstairs with the intent of having a beer and met the best server. He immediately hit it off with me (which is hard cuz I'm really introverted and don't give out many social clues). He also noticed my simple tastes in food and recommended places that I might be more happy.... I misplaced my phone and they brought it up to me.... I feel so special! They have left me nice surprises as a thanks for my nice tweets (a twitter bird cookie one time and a bamboo in a vase another) Every time I come here, everybody is so awesome about my little idiosyncrasies and they really want me to be happy here. I just wanted to gush about Omni Richmond because they are getting something right. From the first person who sees me in the lobby to the women who clean my room - they make me feel so special and I love them.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business