“Very reliable”

Ranked #12 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Los Angeles
“Very reliable”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We were very pleased, and felt welcomed. Everyone was helpful and had a ready smile. If there was a problem, they attended to it right away. The Buffet was a great deal, with lots of fresh choices, and so reasonably priced!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Healthy Redskin players have been parking in handicap spaces to store their Mercedes, Bentley during training camp. A complaint to valet service got the Bentley moved. The name of the players are on a tag placed on the dash so it was disappointing that I had trouble finding a handicap space.

• Stayed August 2014
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Richmond Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Please accept our sincerest apologies for this. As soon as it was brought to our attention that the handicapped spaces were not being used appropriately we made sure the cars were moved. We understand that this must have been frustrating for you. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope we will have a future opportunity to provide you with a better stay.
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We recently stayed at the Omni Richmond for my son's wedding. The hotel is conveniently located downtown, next door to Tobacco Company Restaurant where we had our rehearsal dinner. Our room was comfortable, on the last morning I found the in room coffee maker tucked inside the TV cabinet, above the fridge. I did find the air conditioner a little annoying going on/off and would have liked a constant on fan. Really good shower. With my Omni number, I was able to get free coffee delivered to the room. Excellent shower, comfortable bed, but could hear noise in the hallway. A professional football team is staying at the Omni during their training camp and there was noticeable extra security in the hotel, occasionally moving the guests along ( I certainly would not go after a football player) if you were standing somewhere or "loitering" (or not). I think they will be gone soon. The valet service worked very well with in/out all day, but you do pay $20.00 a day for it. Overall the stay was good.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed here for several days for business, and the staff warmly accommodated the various business requests that arose. Lovely small corner room with a quite comfortable bed. Breakfast was hot, quick and tasty, and the adjoining Starbucks and full YMCA gym make stays here quite rich. Situated in a funky historic neighborhood with few chains (yippee!) and good bars & restaurants. One block from the James river, and its waterfront walk.

Room Tip: My room (1116) was smallish but comfortable, with two windows on different walls, so double the view...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Danville, Virginia
Reviewed 30 July 2014

1. They tried to tell me, "No reservation." Then, they found it.
2. They tried to give me a room that they said only had a fold out couch. I refused to even look at that.
3. The room they finally gave me after the better part of an hour was not clean ... and the ice bucket was half-filled with melting ice ... no explanation for that.
4. The desk staff was inattentive, I had to repeatedly remind them that I was waiting. They acted resentful that I insisted upon a room that I had reserved some time before.
...
I had reserved 3 nights and they refused any refund when I told them that why I would only be staying one. This place was so bad that I just swallowed the cost and moved to the Embassy Suites where my daughter and I had a delightful couple of evenings and I could get a good night's sleep..

Room Tip: Want a good room? Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank William M
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Richmond Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
We truly regret to read about your experience. You should receive a message from us requesting the opportunity to discuss what happened. We hope you will consider giving us more details about your stay so that we can make sure we take the appropriate measures to prevent this from happening again in the future.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Beautiful hotel in downtown RVA. The staff were all amazingly friendly and looked out for our every need! Just ask, and they took care of it.... even got the leftover champagne out of my car & had it cooling while waiting for me to pick it up!! From here you can walk to many restaurants and bars, historical buildings, and the beautiful James River. If you can't walk it, they'll shuttle you!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Roanoke, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Just as nice as expected! Top notch hotel. The room was very clean with a comfortable bed. The restaurants in the hotel are worth the stay. Front desk was very pleased to have us as their guest. The valet parking was easy to access and within a couple of minutes we were ready to go. They even let us leave our truck outside the door because we were only going to be a few minutes. This hotel is only blocks fronm lots of nice restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends