“I was traveling and I found this Great Hotel!”
Review of The Berkeley Hotel

The Berkeley Hotel
Ranked #8 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I would tell everyone about this wonderful hotel, and in a Great area...the staff was great and the room and resturant was the best.
The next time I come back to the area I will be there again,and I will tell my friends about this hotel.

Room Tip: They did not have a gym,but we were able to go across the street. Great!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Annskurka
Jim F, General Manager at The Berkeley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Hi Annskurka!
Thank you for such a nice review of the Berkeley Hotel. It's always great to see wonderful reviews regarding our room quality, staff service and our dining room. I'm glad you found the off property gym to your liking.
Thank you for telling your friends!

There are newer reviews for The Berkeley Hotel

Reviewed 8 April 2013

My husband and i spent one night at the Berkeley and really enjoyed the location. There are a lot of restaurants within easy walking distance. Cary St is cobblestone outside the hotel and the hotel is surrounded by historic store fronts. The canal walk is close as well.

Our room (509) was surprisingly large and included a full-sized sofa and club chair. The room had four windows that were all equipted with black-out curtains. We had access to an outdoor patio despite the fact our room didn't have it's own door that directly opened to the patio. The bed was comfortable and the sheets felt like they were high treadcount. The bathroom was filled with stone tiles and was very clean. The decorative style of the hotel is definitely traditional but was comfortably well done. There was no fridge in our room. The only "problem" with our room was a large pink stain on the carpet which i reported to the front desk.

We didn't use the valet service and parked in a city parking deck about two blocks down the road for $5. A sign in the hotel said the valet could take up to 15mins. In less time, we were able to walk to our car in the parking deck.

Check-in and out were quick and easy. The desk staff were helpful in selecting local restaurants.

I booked the hotel online and paid $100 including tax and felt like we got a good value.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank oriahlee
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Lovely hotel....it is right in the heart of the city so I was concerned about parking. We lucked out and found a spot right across the street and were able to park for free. I only stayed one night . We got there after 9:00 pm so it only served as a place to lay our heads for the night as we were back out the door at 8 the next morning. Wished we were able to stay longer and take all that it had to offer. I would stay again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Superb location, beautiful accommodations, and excellent service. Complimentary lobby coffee in the morning is a nice touch, even though there's a stocked coffee maker in the room. Would definitely recommend and will look forward to staying again!

Room Tip: The terrace room was incredible!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Marianne_GM
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Recently stayed at the Berkeley with my daughter for one evening. We loved our room, cookies from room service - everything! It was our favorite hotel after a long trip - will definitely return. We wished that we could have stayed longer. We did not get to dine there but after seeing the dining room and menu, wished that we had....

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank D C
Reviewed 26 March 2013

The Berkeley is a small elegant hotel in downtown Richmond. The room was lovely and the staff very helpful and attentive. We were upgraded to a double with a terrace which although it was cold out still made the room seem brighter and bigger. The room itself had a large desk as well as a couch and coffee table. This is a great place to stay if you are in downtown Richmond.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I stay here on my frequent trips to Richmond for work. Staff is incredibly gracious and charming and helpful. Rooms are cozy and comfortable and clean. Location is divine...nothing like starting your day walking over cobblestone streets (after a workout at the amazing Y gym across the street). I won't stay anywhere else in town

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business