“Beautiful room with terrace”
Review of The Berkeley Hotel

The Berkeley Hotel
Ranked #7 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Florida
“Beautiful room with terrace”
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Our room was lovely and the staff was excellent. We had a problem with our car and the staff was very accommodating to our needs and went out of their way to be helpful and assist us. Our only criticism was that the food in the restaurant was not good and the wait staff was indifferent at dinner. Breakfast was fine.
I would recommend the hotel but not the restaurant.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Firstly, the staff were all incredibly friendly and hospitable - really couldnt have asked for better service. The hotel itself is in a great little area of Richmond with plenty of restaurants close by. Hotel rooms were clean and comfortable although if I was to be picky there was no hairdryer and there were few power sockets for charging laptops and phones. Restaurant was just ok... wasnt overly impressed with the food - was trying to be something quite high-brow and was failing. Eat elsewhere but for a great night's sleep and some comfort. I'd really recommend The Berkley. I'll definitely be back

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Tamika Q, General Manager at The Berkeley Hotel, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We strive to exceed our guests’ expectations when providing service. We will discuss your comments and make adjustments accordingly. We look forward to having you back when visiting the Richmond area again.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The hotel is clean and beautiful and the staff is attentive and pleasant. The view from the balconies is fantastic. The restaurant is incredible and has many types of dishes from which to choose. I loved it here and will stay here again on my trips to Richmond.

I used to stay at the 'big grand' hotel but the rooms are just getting shabby there; The Berkeley is in tip top shape.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Tamika Q, General Manager at The Berkeley Hotel, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful view. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our new fall menu; our Head Chef does a wonderful job of creating an experience for our guests. We look forward to your return visits in the future.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed at the Berkeley in October and while the building is a lovely historic site, the rooms are dark and dismal. Nearly impossible to find a plug-in. Was surprised that they didn't have a set-up on the desk for charging. The restaurant and bar were barely staffed when we were there. We had to flag down a bartender for drinks at 9 pm and no one stayed behind the bar while we were there so other guests came in and left thinking the bar was open. Also, we both got multiple bug bites on our ankles while sitting in the bar area at the couches. Suggests bedbugs in that area? No problems in the room with bugs. The whole restaurant and bar need a good cleaning and renovation. Also, the rooms facing the Tobacco company on the main street are LOUD. No sound proofing in these rooms so the trash trucks hauling and backing up woke us all up before 5 am and kept going until 6.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms overlooking the main road, especially on trash day.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your recent review. I do apologize for the inconveniences you faced while staying at our property. We have discussed the items you mentioned and will use them as training tools for our staff. We do have procedures in place to ensure the absence of pests of any type in our property and can confirm that we do not have any incidences. I do hope you will try us again on your next visit to the area.
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Well, first I want to say that once the manager came to assist us with our reservation, our issues were resolved. So thank U, Tamika Quarles. But as a manager you should consider customer service training for your front desk staff. I and a good friend were guest and there was a mix up with our reservation. The hotel was fully booked, Adrian was probably the most rudest and unprofessional front desk person, ever (and I travel a lot). In frustration I said said to him in you gotta help us, his reply, I aint't gotta do nothing. Wow. And the other front desk person Scarlett didn't even attempt to help. So nearly a hour later, we asked to see the manager, and Adrian goes to get the manager.

I plan to visit your city again, so much to do and see, but my experience with you hotel has left such an unfavorable opinion that I will to go where treating guests with respect is routine.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Tamika Q, General Manager at The Berkeley Hotel, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
I apologize for the experience you had with our front desk agent. Please know that this is not a normal occurance. I am glad to hear that management was able to turn this around for you while still on property. I hope you will try us again on your next visit to RIchmond.
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

The Hotel is down town and close to the business district, restaurants and clubs. If your under 40 there a lot of clubs in the area. The rooms are small but clean. The food at the restaurant was OK nothing where I had to go back again for. Do not order a dry martini, the worst I ever had. Staff was very friendly. The hotel was good but I do not think I will be going back. I cant put my finger on why but something was missing.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Our unique property has many room types where no two rooms are the same yet each has its own charm. I would love to hear more about your stay so that I may discuss with the staff. We are always looking for ways to grow.
Cave Creek, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 2 October 2013

this Inn was so perfect for our trip. The view from our room was the tobacco company across the street which was like being in a movie. Our room was charming and the linens on the bed were so cozy. All of the staff was great , I can't say enough about this place. We would really like to visit again.

Room Tip: tell them you are celebrating a special occasion and they will take care of you. We got a nice upgra...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple