The Berkeley Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Omni Richmond Hotel(Richmond)
Richmond Marriott(Richmond)
1,000 results
All reviewsshockoe slipsmall hotelcobblestone streetvalet parkingtobacco companylovely hotelvalet servicecanal walkstreet parkingrestaurants and shopslocation is greatshockoe bottomroom was largegreat roomfront desk staffsouthern hospitalitybed was comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Our room was lovely and the staff was excellent. We had a problem with our car and the staff was very accommodating to our needs and went out of their way to be helpful and assist us. Our only criticism was that the food in the restaurant was not good and the wait staff was indifferent at dinner. Breakfast was fine.
I would recommend the hotel but not the restaurant.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Firstly, the staff were all incredibly friendly and hospitable - really couldnt have asked for better service. The hotel itself is in a great little area of Richmond with plenty of restaurants close by. Hotel rooms were clean and comfortable although if I was to be picky there was no hairdryer and there were few power sockets for charging laptops and phones. Restaurant was just ok... wasnt overly impressed with the food - was trying to be something quite high-brow and was failing. Eat elsewhere but for a great night's sleep and some comfort. I'd really recommend The Berkley. I'll definitely be back

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Tamika Q, General Manager at The Berkeley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to exceed our guests’ expectations when providing service. We will discuss your comments and make adjustments accordingly. We look forward to having you back when visiting the Richmond area again.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

The hotel is clean and beautiful and the staff is attentive and pleasant. The view from the balconies is fantastic. The restaurant is incredible and has many types of dishes from which to choose. I loved it here and will stay here again on my trips to Richmond.

I used to stay at the 'big grand' hotel but the rooms are just getting shabby there; The Berkeley is in tip top shape.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Tamika Q, General Manager at The Berkeley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful view. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our new fall menu; our Head Chef does a wonderful job of creating an experience for our guests. We look forward to your return visits in the future.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed at the Berkeley in October and while the building is a lovely historic site, the rooms are dark and dismal. Nearly impossible to find a plug-in. Was surprised that they didn't have a set-up on the desk for charging. The restaurant and bar were barely staffed when we were there. We had to flag down a bartender for drinks at 9 pm and no one stayed behind the bar while we were there so other guests came in and left thinking the bar was open. Also, we both got multiple bug bites on our ankles while sitting in the bar area at the couches. Suggests bedbugs in that area? No problems in the room with bugs. The whole restaurant and bar need a good cleaning and renovation. Also, the rooms facing the Tobacco company on the main street are LOUD. No sound proofing in these rooms so the trash trucks hauling and backing up woke us all up before 5 am and kept going until 6.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms overlooking the main road, especially on trash day.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your recent review. I do apologize for the inconveniences you faced while staying at our property. We have discussed the items you mentioned and will use them as training tools for our staff. We do have procedures in place to ensure the absence of pests of any type in our property and can confirm that we do not have any incidences. I do hope you will try us again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Well, first I want to say that once the manager came to assist us with our reservation, our issues were resolved. So thank U, Tamika Quarles. But as a manager you should consider customer service training for your front desk staff. I and a good friend were guest and there was a mix up with our reservation. The hotel was fully booked, Adrian was probably the most rudest and unprofessional front desk person, ever (and I travel a lot). In frustration I said said to him in you gotta help us, his reply, I aint't gotta do nothing. Wow. And the other front desk person Scarlett didn't even attempt to help. So nearly a hour later, we asked to see the manager, and Adrian goes to get the manager.

I plan to visit your city again, so much to do and see, but my experience with you hotel has left such an unfavorable opinion that I will to go where treating guests with respect is routine.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Tamika Q, General Manager at The Berkeley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

I apologize for the experience you had with our front desk agent. Please know that this is not a normal occurance. I am glad to hear that management was able to turn this around for you while still on property. I hope you will try us again on your next visit to RIchmond.