Linden Row Inn
US$214
US$178
US$165
1,124 results
All reviewsrow housesvalet parkinggarden roomrocking chairsshuttle serviceperiod furnitureedgar allen poehistoric feelstreet parkinghistoric propertyurban farmhousecontinental breakfasthigh ceilingscookie cuttercharming hotelwithin walking distancetwo blocks
FilterAll languages
998 - 1,003 of 1,124 reviews
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Small, but has all the goodies of a large "chain" property. Very convenient location. Very knowledgeable staff.

Room Tip: Lowe floor. On our visit, the elevator went out and we were on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
LindenRowInnMgmt, Manager at Linden Row Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

We are delighted that you had such a wonderful experience at the Linden Row Inn. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 1 December 2011

I stayed at the Linden Row Hotel, because I had a job interview in the area. I was definitely impressed with the the room I had. It was in the perfect spot in the hotel on the 4th floor. I also was impressed with the breakfast they provided that set me up well for my interview. Also, the shuttle service was fabulous. Even though it was out of the shuttle's range, I was still able to use the shuttle to and from my interview. This of course saved me a lot of money, which I absolutely appreciated. When I return to the area, I will stay at the Linden Row Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Linden Row Inn. We are pleased to hear that we impressed you, and look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 30 November 2011

I recently purchased a Groupon and am so glad I did not pay full price to stay here. When we checked in the front desk attendant was in the middle of a conversation with a young man trying to get her phone number. Instead of asking him to come back later she told him, "hold on I gotta check these people in then we can talk." Wow...that was professional. It was a cold fall night when we checked in and I tried to turn some heat on and it took close to two hours before we felt the chill wear off. The place is not kept up and overall does not present very clean. The room's cleanliness was fair. I wish they would not call this a B & B because we had to stop at McDonald's on the way home because my husband was starving. The menu consisted of assorted breads, waffles and juice and very overripe bananas. We will NOT stay here again and hope others read this and venture to a more desirable B & B in the Richmond area.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cindyrd
LindenRowInnMgmt, Manager at Linden Row Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our historic inn. We are regretful to hear that we failed to meet your expectations and apologize for the lapses in service during your stay.

We are sorry that our Front Desk associate failed to give you her full undivided attention during check-in. Your feedback has been shared with our Front Desk team and our management team has utilized this example as part of our ongoing training and coaching for hotel staff.

We also apologize for the heat not being turned on in your room. As a Virginia Green property, we are serious about energy conservation. On that note, our Housekeeping team has been trained to turn on the heat in our guest rooms a few hours prior to check-in during the colder months. Given the unusually warm autumn we experienced in Richmond this year, our Housekeeping team did not begin turning on the heat in guest rooms until the temperatures dropped at the end of November.

Finally, we are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our complimentary breakfast. Like most hotels that offer a continental breakfast, our food menu is limited to breakfast cereals, oatmeal, fresh fruit, bagels, toast, and fresh hot waffles. For our guests who are seeking a more complete meal at the beginning of their day, we are always happy to recommend some nearby restaurants that offer a full breakfast menu.

We once again apologize for failing to meet your expectations and hope that you will give us an opportunity to host you during a future visit to Richmond.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

We stayed at the Linden Row Inn for a long weekend in Richmond. It's a charming building with lots of history and character. The front desk, breakfast, and valet staff were pleasant and helpful. The free continental breakfasts were good. Our room was large, the bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was quite nice. What I found disappointing was how amazing this place could be with just a little effort. It's looking a little shabby and some of the finishes, carpets, and furnishings need renovations or just cleaning. The arms on the wing-back chair in our room (323) were filthy. The dresser was a cheap piece from the 70's that stuck out like a sore thumb. There was no end table on one side of our bed, which made it difficult for the person on that side to relax in bed with a beverage, book, lamp, etc. The silverware in the breakfast room was incredibly cheap, even with some rough edges. The cleaning service was inadequate. They made the bed but didn't replace the used drinking glasses, close the armoire doors or empty the ice bucket that was now filled with water from the night before. I travel quite a bit and have never seen these things left undone by a cleaning staff.

The Linden Row Inn is a nice place, and I would stay there again. However, it is not fulfulling it's potential. I'd love to see some improvements.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank DJDockins

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and sincerely apologize for missing the mark on some finer details.

We have noted your constructive comments on the housekeeping service and furniture in your room, and have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel staff so that these items may be remedied.

We appreciate your review and look forward to hosting you again during a future visit to Richmond!

Reviewed 20 November 2011

The hotel is charming - our room was very large with a great bay window with a window seat and a fireplace ( non- working). The bathrooms are completely updated. We found the staff to be very accommodating - Would definitely recommend this hotel - much more ambiance than a large chain hotel.

Room Tip: A couple corner rooms have a charming bay window.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BBFOX
LindenRowInnMgmt, Manager at Linden Row Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2011

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Linden Row Inn. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our property and we hope to see you again in the near future!