“A charming, reasonably priced hotel”
Review of Linden Row Inn

Linden Row Inn
Ranked #6 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Bethel, ME
“A charming, reasonably priced hotel”
Reviewed 4 June 2008

My husband and I run a small B&B ourselves so we tend to be pretty critical of places we stay. Linden Row was wonderful - spacious, well-kept & well-furnished rooms, and fantastic, friendly service. We especially appreciated the free van service the hotel staff provided, which allowed us to go out to dinner without worrying about finding the restaurant or where to park the car. We were delivered to the restaurants at the time we asked and were picked up again within ten minutes when we called. Their public space had comfortable chairs arranged for small groups, so we could easily socialize with the friends we were traveling with.

The staff was gracious and had many suggestions for where to go and where to eat - and their advice was uniformly great Our only (slight) disappointment was the continental breakfast which was adequate, but not special. (We admit to a bias where breakfasts are concerned!)

• Liked — Spacious rooms, great staff, van service
  • Disliked — Continental breakfast
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank BellaBaggins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
virginia
Reviewed 20 May 2008

you are being warned!!!!!! this place is not good and you should pay ATTENTION to the reviews. our experience was one i will not forget. maid service was awful and desk clerks do not know what they are doing!!!!be sure to check your bill as they will charge you wrong and or put on wrong card. managers not willing to please the customer soooooooooo stay away!!!!!!

• Liked — courtyard
  • Disliked — desk clerk.maidservice ,management
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank sunflower-va
virginia
Reviewed 18 May 2008

BEWARE!!!!!!! This place is awful our rooms were not ready until 4:30 when we arrived. Then at bedtime I pulled down my covers to find my bed FULL of hair I checked the other bed and it was the same way. I called the front desk they brought up clean sheets but I had to ask them to make the bed as they were just going to hand them to me. They had no clean pillow cases to give me so they threw a sheet over my pillows. They have no idea how to run that place. BEWARE!!

• Liked — nothint
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed May 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank binkygirlVirginia
Virginia
Reviewed 21 March 2008

I stayed for one night but was very impressed and will return next time I am in Richmond. It was fun staying in such an historic set of buildings. I was in a garden room. The bed was a bit too hard but everything was clean and quaint. I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. All staff members I met were very kind and helpful.

I paid for the valet parking since there didn't seem to be any convenient street parking nearby. I did not take advantage of their complimentary van service but I will next time. I attended a concert at nearby Virginia Commonwealth University and parking on campus was very difficult. It would be great to have them just drop me off and then come pick me up.

During the day, I found that the area is pleasant for walking.There are some beautiful buildings near there, including the (pricey) Jefferson Hotel. I'd feel much less safe at night. I didn't see any restaurants that were close by. I think I might use their van service for that as well.

It's really not all that far to walk down to the beautiful Capitol building. (Tours start on the hour).

I walked past the YMCA which was very close by, but didn't have time to use their services which are available for free for hotel patrons. The YMCA looked busy and pleasant.

• Liked — Charming. Friendly.
  • Disliked — Bed too hard. Possibly a bit too shabby.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled solo