Linden Row Inn
Richmond Marriott(Richmond)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
1,127 results
All reviewsrow housesvalet parkinggarden roomrocking chairsshuttle serviceperiod furnitureedgar allen poehistoric feelstreet parkinghistoric propertyurban farmhousecontinental breakfasthigh ceilingscookie cuttercharming hotelwithin walking distancetwo blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 March 2009

I have stayed at Linden Row several times now, and always have had a good experience. I was surprised to see that some other reviewers said Linden Row was located in the "ghetto." While the hotel is located in downtown Richmond near the VCU campus, I wouldn't qualify that as ghetto. It isn't like the hotel is located in Compton.

The building is old, but certain wear comes with age. We always stay in the front rooms overlooking the library. They are clean and nice. Simple, but they do the job. The front staff has always been friendly. You can get a free work out pass for the YMCA two blocks up and the free breakfast is good.

The only down side is probably the parking (they do have valet, though) because if you don't use the valet you have to park on the street. Then again you are in downtown Richmond and near a college campus where parking is always an issue.

I think most of the other reviewers' issues come with the nature of staying in an older hotel in a downtown enviroment. If you are looking for a decent place to stay with easy access to VCU, Downtown, or even Carytown, I would suggest Linden Row. If you want a modern 4 or 5 hotel with all the amenities, I would suggest you stay somewhere else

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
LindenRowInnMgmt, Manager at Linden Row Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2009

Thank you for sharing your many positive experiences at the Linden Row Inn. We pride ourselves on offering guests with superb customer service and a range of complimentary amenities in a unique historic downtown setting. All of us at the Linden Row Inn look forward to continuing to host you during future visits to Richmond.

Reviewed 16 February 2009

The Linden Row Inn, nestled nicely between Richmond, Virginia's historic downtown and trendy West End, is a great place to get away to together for Valentine's Day. The Inn has struggled a bit historically against slightly swankier retreats such as the Berkely in the Bottom and the Five Diamond-rated Jefferson just blocks away. However, the Inn has far more of a friendly feel and is actually well placed walking distance-wise to several of Richmond's best restaurants, art galleries, and music venues along the downtown Broad Street corridor. As far as a Romantic get away, the Inn offers an incredibly affordable "Romance Package", which came with a dozen fresh roses in our room, along with a generous assortment of Belgian chocolates, a tall bottle of delicious sparkling water, and even a Dean Martin "Amore" CD to set the mood. Now take all that and add in a large room with tall ceilings, king-sized bed, antique mantle surrounding an old coal fireplace, beautiful view of the Inn's quaint courtyard, and enough polished granite in the bathroom to sink a ship, and you're not getting a bad deal for a little over $150.00. For the same price even, the Inn would have arranged a three course dinner at a local restaurant with transportation to and from with everything taken care of save for gratuity. We were going to opt for this package, but dinner reservation times still available were all after 9:00 and we had other plans. Needless to say, the Inn, location, room, and accompanying package were just shy of perfect for a couple wanting to get away from it all for Valentine's Day save for one thing- the continental breakfast.
My wife and I arrived in the dining room at 9:45 AM, 15 minutes prior to when continental breakfast time was scheduled to end after a solid night's sleep, ample time in our book to enjoy what was meant to be included with the price of our stay, and were met by the main server who reminded all in the breakfast room that it was 9:45 when she saw us, and then shot us a look of annoyance as we walked in to try and eat something before we got back on the road. The server had already begun breaking things down and there was not much left to enjoy as a result. So, after doing our best to put together some semblance of a breakfast, we and the few of us left in the room were treated by the server to tales of previous cranky guests, bowl movement-inducing coffee, and how difficult it is to get up early and serve guests breakfast. While we had no choice but to laugh at this woman's candor, the level of professionalism was seriously lacking for a historic inn, and one of Richmond's most treasured historic landmarks. While my wife and I will no doubt likely return, we hope that the breakfast fare, schedule, and server are a little more up to par with historic inn standards and our overly informative breakfast server has been reassigned to what she told everyone she enjoys more than serving guests- cleaning rooms.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple

The Management of the Linden Row Inn thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed spending Valentine’s Day with us. We work hard to assemble meaningful packages with local restaurants and cultural venues, and are always happy to hear about guests that enjoyed the additional amenities.

We are extremely sorry to hear about your experience with our continental breakfast. Over the past year, we have worked hard to improve our breakfast fare by introducing new products such as Southern-style biscuits and hot waffle-making stations, and we are continuing to work on introducing additional improvements. Our breakfast hours are from 7AM-10AM, and we often extend those hours during special events/occasions such as Valentine’s Day weekend. So, the breakfast attendant should not have started breaking down the breakfast at 9:45AM. The behavior you describe is simply unacceptable, and following a thorough investigation of the occurrences you describe, we have taken the necessary disciplinary action to ensure that guests are provided with the professionalism and hospitality that they have come to expect of the Linden Row Inn.

We are happy to hear that you and your wife will be returning to the Linden Row Inn and hope that you will be pleased with our continued efforts to deliver outstanding service and amenities to our guests.

Reviewed 21 January 2009

I booked a queen size bed for a Saturday and Sunday night stay. When I arrived at the hotel I was greeted by a very smiling and happy woman. She informed me that I had been upgraded for free to a king size for both nights. I was given my key to my room (which btw was a real key) upon entering the room it smelled fresh and all the linens were freshly changed. The room had been cleaned and left in very good shape. This is a historic hotel and does have it's own way about it. The room was absolutely beautiful!! Sunday morning I put out "Please Do Not Disturb" and was pleasantly surprised not to have any knocks at my door. I also left it on the door until checked out Monday morning and can be very sure that no one entered the room.

I have two small gripes about the hotel there is no self parking and you are better off valet parking. It was 21 dollars for the whole weekend not bad but would have preferred to of self parked. The dining room is only open for the free breakfast any other meals must be sought out on your own. The shuttle will drive you to locations located as far as 3 miles away so it's not awful but I did end up needed to be in my room to work and had to order pizza for dinner. Would have much rather preferred room service than pizza.

I will stay at the Linden should I need to return to Richmond.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay at the Linden Row Inn. It is always a pleasure to hear when our guests have enjoyable stays with us. We appreciate your feedback on the lack of a room service option and are currently evaluating options to provide in-room meals to guests. We thank you for staying with us and look forward to hosting you during a future visit to Richmond.

Reviewed 22 December 2008

I was approached by a crackhead on the way into the hotel, and was told to park across the street directly in front of hotel. They next morning my car window was smashed in. I thought the hotel was creepy, there was no microwave or fridge in room and room was freezing. Would NOT recommend staying here.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank bjd222
LindenRowInnMgmt, Manager at Linden Row Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2009

The Management of the Linden Row Inn would like to thank you for taking time to leave feedback on your stay at the Linden Row Inn.

We are sorry to hear about your concerns surrounding your stay with us. The Linden Row Inn is located in the heart of Downtown Richmond, within a couple of blocks of The Jefferson and Doubletree Hotels. While car thefts are not a frequent occurrence, as an urban hotel, we strongly recommend all guests to use our valet parking service rather than parking on the street. By parking with us, your car will be placed in a secure locked garage that is not accessible by the general public.

Regarding some of our other amenities, the Linden Row Inn offers complimentary microwaves and refrigerators in our parlour suites, and can provide refrigerators/microwaves in our Main House and Garden rooms for a nominal charge.

We once again thank you for your review and look forward to the opportunity to host you in the future.

Reviewed 15 December 2008

This stately, historic Inn should belong at the top of your list of places to stay in Richmond.

My wife and I stayed one night at the Linden Row Inn and couldn't have been happier.

We first booked a room with a queen sized bed, but upon arriving at the room, it wasn't yet made up.

We went back to reception and the young woman at the desk apologized and upgraded us to a room with a King bed for no charge!

The room was great; nicely decorated, huge, comfortable bed, beautiful bathroom/shower. All for just over $100!!

In closing, The Linden Row Inn is a must stay in Richmond.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
LindenRowInnMgmt, Manager at Linden Row Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2009

Thank you for your feedback on a recent stay at the Linden Row Inn. It is always a pleasure to hear when our guests enjoy their stay with us. We look forward to the opportunity to host you and your wife during a future visit to Richmond!