“A good deal”

Ranked #19 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
BEDFORD
“A good deal”
Reviewed 29 September 2012

This was the 4th time I have stayed here and it is consistently clean, quiet and welcoming. Will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
OCOEE
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Hotel room was aery spacious but there was hair in the sleeper couch mattress and no hot water for one night.

NEWPORT NEWS
Reviewed 28 September 2012

A very nice hotel with friendly staff. Very clean and neat and close to lots of shopping. Breakfast was the typical hotel fare. About what you expect from any decent hotel chain. We would definitly stay there again.

CONCORD
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Stay at Wingate was an excellent value. They need to improve their quality of coffee in the morning.

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

HeinsRyan, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump, responded to this review, 28 September 2012
Tom,

Thank you for the response. Coming Soon: a new Starbucks machine that will pump out some of the coffee heaven you wished.

Best of Luck on the "links",
PARAMUS
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Overall, the stay was good. A little mis-communication on the part of housekeeping, but it was taken care of immediately to our satisfaction by the hotel manager.
Will most definitely stay there again. Love the complimentary breakfast.
The location is perfect for the area we wanted to be in, rooms were clean and spacious. However, do not get a room near the elevators--too noisy if you are a light sleeper

Hi Lenore,

Thanks for the positive recommendation! I believe the manager you spoke to was Danyel. I'm glad she could clarify any mix-up.

Come see us again,
ROANOKE RAPIDS
Reviewed 25 September 2012

The staff, with the exception of one young tall man, were not attentive to the needs of the guests checking in or even checking out. We had to let the water run for 10 mins. to get enough hot water to take a bath. The beds were less than comfortable. The van for the hotel was left out front under the portico and it was in the way of everything. It made it difficult to unload and also to have access to the handicapped parking.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Hi DeeDee1213,

Thank you for your review, it certainly helps us improve. I believe the gentleman you mentioned was myself, even though you said "young". I don't know if I'm that young anymore! I apologize if I gave you the impression that I was not attentive to your needs. I am very rarely at the front desk and when I am, I'm printing out reports that I need to review. I'm terribly sorry if you felt I was ignoring you and I can definitely work on improving that perception.

Regards,
PHOENIX
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I had a pleasant stay at the Wingate during a whirlwind stay in Richmond. The individuals at the front dest were helpful, but the manager went over and above by offering to bring my son and I food. We were stuck at the hotel awaiting car seat delivery (another story) and I was ravenous but very limited in options due to food allergies. The housekeeping staff was very friendly and efficient.

Travelbugg80,

I think you and I had chatted. I was the one who was going to run to Whole Foods and pick you up some lunch. It's always a nice reward for me when I get a chance to meet some of our guests, as I'm usually out or in my office. It was a pleasure to have you at the hotel and I hope that you next time you travel, your experience here will reflect whether you choose Wingate again.

Best Wishes,