“Great value for money”

Ranked #17 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Norfolk, Virginia
“Great value for money”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Really great value for money. I logged in specifically to write them a nice review. My husband and i stayed with our five year old and one year old. The room was big with lots of room for all of us. Kids loved the pool which was clean and well looked after. Nice staff and the breakfast was even pretty good!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Danyel M, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience here at Wingate by Wyndham Short Pump! We're excited to hear you, and your family had a comfortable stay and were able to enjoy our spacious guest rooms, the use of our heated indoor pool, and our complimentary hot breakfast. It's great to hear we met your expectations and was able to offer a good price. Our goal is to provide a "High Value for a Low Cost". We truly appreciate the positive feedback. We're looking forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Richmond, VA.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
NJ
Reviewed 1 April 2013

The king suite with sofa-sleeper was huge and I liked the room very much. It was facing water fountain so that was another good thing. I was not happy with front-desk staff. Requests for specific room and additional pillow were denied. Swimming pool was neat but whirpool hot-tub was not turned on. The breakfast was average. I found parking thing bit confusing. Either keep it in basement or on upper level. But few cars were parked on upper level. Few on the path going down.. and rest of them in the basement. Eventually, I found that parking near elevator (in the basement) is the best spot.

I didn't like the bathroom. It was not neat and require serious attention. Please replace carpets in the coordior.

The hotel is good but better management can take it to a different level.

Room Tip: Go for suite on upper level and fountain facing.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Danyel M, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at Wingate by Wyndham Short Pump! We're delighted to hear of your comfort with our spacious King Suite. We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. It's disappointing to hear of our Service Delivery Failure. Please know feedback such at this allows improvement and we will review your experience as a Team. Our goal is to meet and exceed our guests expectations. Stop by and give us a second chance on your next trip to Richmond, VA in the near future.
Chicago
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Had a suite for the family. The service was excellent; everything was clean; great location (if you want to be near Short Pump and I-64), and I was. Dry happy with the price.

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

HeinsRyan, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Hi Alex H,

I appreciate the wonderful referall for the Wingate! Ease of access off of the major highways: 64, 295, and 288 makes this such an easy hotel to stop off at during your travels. I'm pretty sure you typed this on your phone being that Autocorrect changed "Very happy with the price" -> "Dry happy with the price".....No worries it happens to all of us, darn autocorrect!

Safe Travels,
Ryan
Richmond
Reviewed 27 March 2013

There apparently was a kids sports group staying in hotel. Made the morning breakfast area a free-for-all with not enough items or staff to accommodate. Didn't receive maid service on second day even though I personally requested from the front desk when leaving hotel (because there was no maid service prior to 3:00 p.m.). Front desk did not get my maid service taken care of. At night, when I returned, I was told they had been busy and short-staffed (so got no cleaning).

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Hi William T,

I appreciate your feedback and assure you that we're taking the necessary steps to ensure that all rooms receive maid service. I apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused. Hopefully in the future, you will allow us to show you that your notes were taken seriously and improved upon.

Warmest Regards,