“Nice gem in Richmond”

Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump
Ranked #20 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I always tell people the truth in my reviews.I start by saying: I am a lousy sleeper, so sleeping in hotels is always a crap shoot.

The extremely kind man at the front desk was very friendly and welcoming and I wish I had written his name down so I could give him his due props. He also helped me with directions to the local Bonefish Grill.

The room was very clean and nicely decorated. The shower was hot. The bed was comfy and there were several extra pillows. It's all anyone could ask for!

There is a free breakfast, which is also great for travelers (but I cannot partake as I have Celiac Disease and there is not much there that is gluten free and safe for me to eat.)

But that's okay! I brought my own travel food (as I always do).and the microwave and fridge in the room took care of my needs. It is another reason why Wingate by Wyndham suites are perfect for me.

and.,....I slept through the night. Yaay!.

A great value as we traveled down to to Florida on I-95 and I would recommend it to other travelers as well. It is off the beaten path a bit, but well worth it to be away from the traffic noise.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Danyel M, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience here at Wingate by Wyndham Short Pump! First of all, let me just say we're so excited to hear your were able to get a good night's rest! Thank you for all the wonderful compliments with our staff services, cleanliness and the decor of our guest rooms, and the comfort of our Wyndham Bedding. We also appreciate the feedback regarding our complimentary full hot breakfast. We may be able to add some additional options in the future to allow all of our guests to enjoy. We're pleased to hear the microwave and mini-fridge provided in our rooms were able to take care of your needs. We're looking forward to having you here with us again in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,311)

Reviewed 5 April 2013

the entire staff was so nice and helpful. the room was spacious and the bed was super comfortable, the front desk staff was awesome. they pretty much dropped everything to accommodate us. i am so happy with my stay that this is the ONLY hotel im going to stay in every time i visit richmond. =)

Room Tip: any room is great!!!! theyre clean and spacious
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

WOW! Thank you for sharing your recent experience here at Wingate by Wyndham Short Pump! We're ecstatic to hear of your overall happiness with the Exceptional Service of our entire Team, our spacious guest rooms, and your comfort with our Wyndham Bedding. We'd love to be your "Home Away From Home" whenever you visit Richmond, VA.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 April 2013

Really great value for money. I logged in specifically to write them a nice review. My husband and i stayed with our five year old and one year old. The room was big with lots of room for all of us. Kids loved the pool which was clean and well looked after. Nice staff and the breakfast was even pretty good!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience here at Wingate by Wyndham Short Pump! We're excited to hear you, and your family had a comfortable stay and were able to enjoy our spacious guest rooms, the use of our heated indoor pool, and our complimentary hot breakfast. It's great to hear we met your expectations and was able to offer a good price. Our goal is to provide a "High Value for a Low Cost". We truly appreciate the positive feedback. We're looking forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Richmond, VA.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Danyel M, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Reviewed 1 April 2013

The king suite with sofa-sleeper was huge and I liked the room very much. It was facing water fountain so that was another good thing. I was not happy with front-desk staff. Requests for specific room and additional pillow were denied. Swimming pool was neat but whirpool hot-tub was not turned on. The breakfast was average. I found parking thing bit confusing. Either keep it in basement or on upper level. But few cars were parked on upper level. Few on the path going down.. and rest of them in the basement. Eventually, I found that parking near elevator (in the basement) is the best spot.

I didn't like the bathroom. It was not neat and require serious attention. Please replace carpets in the coordior.

The hotel is good but better management can take it to a different level.

Room Tip: Go for suite on upper level and fountain facing.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at Wingate by Wyndham Short Pump! We're delighted to hear of your comfort with our spacious King Suite. We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. It's disappointing to hear of our Service Delivery Failure. Please know feedback such at this allows improvement and we will review your experience as a Team. Our goal is to meet and exceed our guests expectations. Stop by and give us a second chance on your next trip to Richmond, VA in the near future.