“An "OK" stay”

Reviewed 21 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy E

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Another hotel check-in due to a winter storm…My co-worker/friend and I checked into the Wingate around 8pm and was greeted by a nice and humorous desk clerk. The driver who picked us up from our place of employment asked if we needed to stop to pick-up dinner/snacks. The rooms are nice, clean, smell clean and have all of the needed amenities. Breakfast was great, lots of variety, we decided to stay another night and the driver had taken us to the Kroger and Genghis Grill which are nearby, we were not aware that the hotel offered a great dinner, next time we will partake in that. The manager Mark and the entire hotel staff were great, they made sure that guests were taken care of at all times. I will surely make this my go-to hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank rjones621
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights while visitng my mother at Our Lady of Hope Assisted Living. It had everything I could have asked for...I had a king room that is large with a sitting area with a nice chair and ottoman. There is no lack for lighting with the many lamps. Has a nice fridge, microwave, large safe that held my 17" computer, coffee maker. I was impressed by the good size leather/wood luggage bench. The flat screen TV was ok, but the remote didn't want to seem to work well if sitting in the chair. I thought the bathroom was a little tight when you opened the door. All The staff was wonderful; Danyel, the GM was great, as was the other front desk staff. I took advantage of the nice hotel pool and the fitness center. Breakfast every morning was quite adequate and on some days Doug had a cook to order station. There is a bar that is open in the evening but did not take advantage of. The free shuttle service to nearby areas worked out very well for me as I did not have a car there. The hotel is clean and very well kept and I thought the lobby decor was nice and homey. Can almost always hear when other nearby room toilets are flushed. The heater/ac units are rather loud (I just shut it off at night and did not get cold). I was on the backside of the hotel on 2nd floor and one morning at 5:30 a.m. a delivery truck was loud enough to wake me. Overall, I was more than pleased with my stay and I definitely would (& most likely will) stay there again. I just wish hotels would put in night lights in the bathrooms! Also, they have complimentary Yoga on Wednesday evenings. I was not there on a Wed night or I would have taken advantage of it.

Room Tip: If you don't want to hear delivery trucks, stay on front side of hotel. Also, there is an open...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 February 2014

A safety bar in the handicapped shower was not anchored to the wall.After showering, I grabbed the safe bar, it gave way and I slipped and bruised my leg. I reported it to the front desk but it was not fixed, nor were we offered a different room. We had specifically requested a handicapped room, our stay was 3 days and this happened the first night.

1  Thank Patricia K
Reviewed 31 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Travellers also viewed these Richmond hotels
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside
Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump
HYATT House Richmond-West
HYATT House Richmond-West
#5 of 82 in Richmond
Best Western Plus Governor's Inn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump

Address: 13991 N Gayton Rd, Richmond, VA 23233
Region: United States > Virginia > Richmond
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#7 Best Value Hotel in Richmond
#17 Family Hotel in Richmond
#17 Romantic Hotel in Richmond
#22 Business Hotel in Richmond
Price Range: £81 - £99 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate By Wyndham- Richmond/ Short Pump Hotel Richmond