1,402 results
All reviews short pump room was clean hot tub hot breakfast shopping and restaurants free breakfast stay there again the breakfast area king suite desk clerk convenient location yogurt fitness center very nice hotel business trip indoor pool pillows
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Wingate by Wyndham in Richmond/Short Pump overnight to break up our road trip to Myrtle Beach. I wasn't expecting much for a random hotel that I just Googled for a quick overnight trip but WOW, were we pleasantly surprised! I was expecting just some dinky hotel off 95 but this hotel was beautiful! It's located in an AMAZING area of RIchmond full of any kind of shop, store or restaurant you can think of. We were taken aback by the overwhelming amount of malls in the area. It's all nice, new construction, too. The hotel offers a shuttle to all of these areas for free. We ended up needing to go to a few stores for forgotten trip items and it was SO easy - any store you could possibly think of was available in a 2 mile radius of the hotel.

The people at the front desk were friendly, the complimentary breakfast was satisfying and our room was enormous - sooo spacious! The room overlooked a pretty pond with a fountain, the King bed was comfortable, the bathroom large and clean. It was a real treat to spend the night here during our 12 hour road trip. I would recommend this hotel to anyone driving through the area looking for a place to stay that is comfortable and amongst a lot of amazing retail/dining spots.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Danyel M, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your recent experience here at Wingate by Wyndham Short Pump/Richmond! WOW! We're excited to hear of your impression with staff friendliness, comfort and cleanliness of our spacious guest rooms, complimentary full hot breakfast, and overall satisfaction with our facility. We appreciate the positive feedback. Stop by again on your next trip to Richmond, VA.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Nice hotel, but not awesome. I've stayed at this hotel twice. My first visit was good and 2nd visit was ok. Price is reasonable for what you get. Clean hotel, comfy beds, spacious suites, free breakfast that is so-so, good coffee downstairs, a Starbucks coffee machine if you like Starbucks, friendly day and early evening desk clerks, and elevators are away from rooms. Coffee in the room was not good and only makes one cup at a time. No small pot of brewed coffee like what is norm! Most of the staff is very friendly, especially housekeeping. Hotel obviously has a lack of blankets, and the late night desk clerk does not care if you are cold and don't have any extras. What is on the bed is quite thin. So, be sure to bring your own blankets in case you need them. One would think there would be extra sheets and blankets in the drawers of every room! I didn't use their pool, exercise room, or hot tub so I can't comment, although I would have used them if I had the time. The location is a plus! The area is a high commercial area, and this hotel is located at the end of it all with a large grassy area on the opposite side of the main road, so it is not in the middle of all the noise and traffic. It may not be my first choice, but I'd stay again..with my own extra blanket! They do have a refrigerator and microwave in each room, so you can stock up on lobby coffee!

Room tip: I recommend the suites if you require a little more space. Ask for extra towels and blankets upon booking (for their notes) and again upon arrival. Rooms in back of hotel may get less noise because the parking lot is in the front and you could hear loud people/music from the parking lot even on the 5th floor!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for for taking the time to share you recent experience here at Wingate by Wyndham Short Pump! We're pleased to hear of your overall impression with our hotel, comfort and cleanliness of our spacious guest rooms, and convenience of our location. Our goal is to offer a "High Value for a Low Cost". Join us again on your next trip to Richmond, VA.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Love this hotel. Nice place. 4 star. We book via Wyndham directly for 4 nights long weekend. Price is reasonable and affordable compare to some hotels just try to get your money and return you hardly get any thing. Staff was nice and helpful.

1  Thank br5492014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at Wingate by Wyndham Short Pump. We're excited to hear of your impression of our facility. We offer an all inclusive package with a great price "High Value for a Low Cost". We truly appreciate the positive feedback and have shared it with our team. We look forward to your return on your next trip to Richmond, VA in the near future.