“Excellent new facility and team!”

Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump
Ranked #20 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 6 June 2010

What a team of professionals and a beautiful facility! We had multiple rooms for a wedding. Raymond was extra patient and detailed with changes and details. Derrick was so welcoming late at night. Recommend the suites. We could not be more pleased with this new and well managed facility. Outstanding!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump

Reviewed 12 May 2010

I recently went to Richmond, VA to visit family and decided at the last minute to stay in a hotel but I didn't have a reservation. Because the hotel is conveniently located next to shopping and restaurants I spotted it immediately. I stopped in and to my surprise they had rooms available. The room was absolutely beautiful and had all the comforts of home including a microwave and refrigerator at no additional cost. The bathroom was spotless and because all of the rooms are non-smoking there was no stale smell when I opened the hotel room door. The property is modern and very well kept. The staff was courteous and very helpful and not only will I recommend this hotel to friends and family but I will stay here again the next time I visit to Richmond.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2009

My husband and I both do a lot of business travel, so we've seen a lot of hotels. We were both pleasantly surprised by the Short Pump Wingate in that the rooms had all the amenities we expected with no hassle. Our kids loved the beds and pillows. We loved the free wifi and had no problem with connection or signal strength. Underground parking is convenient to the elevators. The breakfast room is very comfortable with a large screen TV and fireplace. The breakfast itself was good. Sure, the cups are small and it's not home, but for a U.S. hotel breakfast buffet (included in the price!), it was quite expansive. I made my own waffle and had a blast! Overall, we were very pleased and would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2009

From the moment we stepped into the entry of the Wingate Hotel we were impressed. The front desk agents, Jeremy and his associate , met us with a great smile and a warm welcome. The bed, pool area and breakfast was just what weary travellers needed. What a delight!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2009

My wife and I stayed one night at this hotel and right away we noticed how much nicer the room s are compared to the ones we had stayed at the previous two nights. The room has a six panel bathroom door, granite countertop in the bathroom, tiled shower instead of fiberglass, Neutrogena toiletries, a closet with doors instead of the usual open area, a safe, glass cups instead of plastic, flat screen tv, a microwave and refrigerator. The room was elegantly decorated with framed art pieces, color-coordinated drapes, wallpaper, upholstered chairs, and bedspread. Someone did an excellent job of choosing colors and patterns that complimented each other very well. The furniture is much nicer than what is usually found in other hotels and I especially liked sitting in the easy chair with the ottoman. This was one of the few times I was really impressed by the accommodations.
The king sized bed had a down comforter and was very comfortable, the room was quiet, and the air conditioner was not too noisy. The free continental breakfast had scrambled eggs, muffins, yogurt, fruit, cold cereals, instant hot cereal, juices, coffee, tea and milk.
There is a laundry room on the third floor for guests to use, which is very convenient on a long trip. I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Although our GPS didn't know where the hotel was located, we did find it and it was a very nice hotel. Clean, large rooms, and a GREAT free breakfast every morning!

Very close to shopping and restaurants!

We have been to Short Pump twice and stayed at the same hotel both times - we will be returning and will stay there again.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2009

Picked this hotel based on other traveller's review. They were right! This hotel is great! There is a big shopping mall nearby with restaurants. We eat in de California Pizza Kitchen. It was a pleasure to stay in this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family