“Better than expected will not disappoint”

Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump
Ranked #21 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
NYS
“Better than expected will not disappoint”
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Very nice, roomy clean accommodations
Check in/out:
The check in and out process was no problem and very fast and pleasant. The manager took my many questions with a pleasant patient manner and smile. He succinctly explained the answer to anything I asked to my satisfaction. He took the time to know my name.
Staff:
The general staff was pleasant helpful and very busy keeping everything very clean throughout the hotel public use areas nothing was ever out of place or not perfect. That is until breakfast. There seemed to be only one person covering the hot breakfast and breakfast area. Guests commented that during their stay they had not had any problems until the morning I stayed. The manager jumped in to help without anyone complaining to him to do something. He seemed as proactive as he could be while covering the front desk also.
Housekeeping:
Perfect except for a little evidence of missed sweeping behind the door while it was opened during cleaning. The average guest would never notice this.
Room:
The room was huge enough to be a suite.
Location:
A fair location because of the area it was not just off of the Interstate. Easy enough to find among the Shopping plazas.
Internet:
There is free WiFi that could handle large bandwidth.
Would I stay again?
Yes, because of the completely satisfactory experience.
Helpful hints:
Get to the hot breakfast early.
Additional Information:
Arrive early enough to take advantage of the shopping and dining that is beside this location.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Johnson City, New York
Reviewed 1 September 2010

Stayed overnight while driving on to a vacation home. What a beautiful hotel! The worst part was being in a room directly behind the elevator, but it really wasn't as bad as I first thought. The elevator created a gentle hum that reminded me of an electric heater clicking on and since I travel with my white noise machine, I hardly even noticed it. The beds are comfy, the bathrooms clean and spacious and the breakfast is yummy with plenty of options. Great place!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Virginia
Reviewed 10 August 2010

Great rate for a "newish" hotel that exceeds what one typically expects at the "3 star" level. Friendly staff, immaculately clean rooms/hallways/facilities. Comfortable, quiet, huge king bed room with refrig/micro. (I do wish they had put a couple of extra sq. ft. in the bathroom - the door only cleared the toilet by about 1.5 inches.) Nice soaking tub & great variable shower head that actually worked. Free Breakfast looked good for omnivores; they even had an employee making omelets to order Monday morning. (Not much of a selection for us who are vegan/gluten free, but Whole Foods nearby and a frig in the room took care of that.) I visited strictly for R&R and got it in spades at this hotel. It's at the quiet end of the Short Pump shopping area for now. Development may catch up later. One of the most impressive values I've experienced lately! Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Wingate-ShortPump, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump, responded to this review, 18 August 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at Wingate by Wyndham Short Pump. We're excited to hear of your impression of our facility. We truly appreciate the positive feedback and have shared it with our team. We look forward to your return on your next trip to Richmond, VA in the near future.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 23 July 2010

We wanted to have a family getaway without leaving town. We found this hotel close to the shopping centers my wife wanted to visit. The check-in was so fast and easy that I had the keys to the room before my wife and kids entered the lobby. It was a humid 105 in the shade that afternoon. When I opened the door to my room I felt such a rush of cool air wash over me that it gave me goose bumps. The room was bright and the window had a view of a small lake with turtles, ducks and other indigenous life swimming about. The room had an oversized LCD HD with plenty to watch. The shuttle driver was very engaging and took my wife and kids up to the local mall allowing me to have some much needed alone time. Later that night I wanted to watch the news but the kids were watching their shows. So I went down to the lobby and sat in front of the hotel's 60 inch tv. The night clerk treated me like I was a guest in his own home and acted like a gracious host. When I tucked myself info bed I covered myself in a snow white down comforter and rested my head on an overstuffed pillow. I loved the omelet chef the next morning and the cold orange juice hit the spot. We loved our stay.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
North Carolina
Reviewed 19 July 2010

This new hotel was perfect for our one night stop in Richmond. The location is great, very close to all the shops and restaurants in the Short Pump area. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful and the room was very clean. This was my first stay at a Wingate, and I would definitely stay again and consider other Wingates. The hotel was quiet and our room overlooked a pond and office buildings. Breakfast was average, and breakfast area was crowded. Highly recommended for value, cleanliness and service!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed 23 June 2010

Double queen suite had plenty of room for our family. Breakfast was typical but there is a Panera & Starbucks close by. Great stopover on our way to OBX.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 7 June 2010

Excellent Room and Facility. Very clean. Excellent staff, everyone friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple