“Great stay in the city.”

Hilton Richmond Downtown
Ranked #8 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We chose the Hilton Garden Inn because it was close to the music venue we were going to for the evening. I was excited to visit the hotel as it had been the old Miller and Rhodes department store and wanted to see how it turned out. Brian at the front desk was great! I had booked on-line for a king size room but some how on our arrival it was switched to 2 queens, Brian worked his magic and actually upgrade us to a suite. The room was awesome, the room must have 11 foot ceilings and huge windows. We have a very nice sized living area with wet bar, a nice sized bedroom and a huge bathroom with both a tub and separate shower. Before our concert we went to a local restaurant and used the free hotel shuttle. The driver was very friendly and gave us his cell number to call for him to pick us up. When we called he said he would be there in 6 minutes, he made it there in 8 - that's pretty good! Overall we had a great stay and wished we could stay there longer. Hopefully we will luck out with the same room next time we stay.

Reviewed 26 December 2011

We were traveling through Richmond on business and decided to stop for the night. The Hilton Garden Inn Downtown was convenient, so we booked a room. We travel a lot, so have high expectations. We were very impressed by the staff, who were a delight after a long day on the road. The room was lovely, and the business office is probably the best we've seen. The next day we were in for a treat. The breakfast was amazing. All the food was home cooked, fresh and delicious. My favorite were the cranberry bread and the banana walnut bread. YUM!

What makes the difference between an average stay and a wonderful stay are the people. Everyone had a smile and took the time to make our stay fantastic.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Barb A
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

Dear Barb;

Thanks for your recent visit to Richmond and our Hilton Garden Inn. Thanks for the great feedback from the business center to breakfast, and of course "our people". Our Hospitality business is a "people business" and we are glad we delivered !

Please come back and see us, as it looks like you are just "down the road a piece" :)

Reviewed 24 December 2011

From the moment we checked in (to six rooms, I might add), to the moment we checked out, every interaction with the staff was excellent. A minor problem with one room (tub slow to drain) was addressed immediately (and breakfast comp'd, to boot). The front desk staff were all professional, pleasant, and went above and beyond to ensure my entire family had a wonderful stay. The valets worked overtime to orchestrate cars in and out of the garage. The shuttle drivers were quick and accommodating to our needs. I can't say enough good things about this place. I've stayed at the HGI Richmond Downtown on six other occasions, and have always had great experiences. There are other, more prestigious hotels in RVA, but this one takes the cake for making you feel wanted.

Room Tip: Rooms 303 and 403 are HUGE, and should book for the same rate as a regular with two queens. Avoid r...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Dear Martin;

Thank you for your recent visit and kind comments about our hotel. I'll certainly pass on you positive feedback about our valet and van team, as well review this with the entire team. We look forward to your return visit should travels bring you back to Richmond and our HGI.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

This was our first time staying at this Hilton facility and I have to say it was absolutely wonderful. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We had drinks at the bar before dinner and Kam our bartender was very attentive and one of the best bartenders we have experienced on all our travels. He made us feel welcomed and insured we had a very enjoyable experience. When in the Richmond area I would recommend you trying this facility. You will not be sorry.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent visit and feedback. I'll be thanking Kam - Bartender for your comments and we certainly appreciate you recognizing one of our associates for their stellar service.

We look forward to your return visit in the future.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

I stayed here for a concert at Carpenter Theater. Valet parking only (pricey, but typical big city price). My room was very nice. Spacious, comfortable bed. I did find hair on one of the hand towels but the bathroom was otherwise clean. Unfortunately I didn't notice that there weren't any wash cloths until I was already in the shower.

There's a small outdoor skating rink just up the block. The Carpenter Theater was also just a block and a half up the road so I was able to walk to the concert. If you go out the lobby and go to the left the neighborhood seems ok. If you go to the right out of the lobby it's a little sketchy.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo

Thank you for your recent visit to our hotel and Richmond. It sounds like you had an enjoyable stay, and saw a show at the Carpenter Center. We are fortunate to be just across 6th Street from the Carpenter Center, the National and as you mentioned the "winter" ice-rink as well. We'll share your comments with the team to celebrate and review the opportunities.

We look forward to your next Richmond visit.

Reviewed 19 December 2011

My wife and I stayed here for our company's party and were really impressed with the valet and shuttle services. When we arrived, the valets were friendly and made checking in easy and painless. Later we realized we forgot a bag and the valet went to our car to retrieve it for us. The Hilton Garden Inn provided a shuttle to and from our company party. Despite missing the shuttle, they ran one just for us to the party as well as later when returning to the hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. And the room was very nice as well -- we enjoyed the larger layout. We'll be back whenever we're in Richmond.

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your recent visit and comments. I have thanked the valet team and van drivers for their excellent service to you during your visit. We certainly welcome you back on your next HGI - Richmond visit.

Reviewed 18 December 2011

This hotel is very nice. I have stayed here twice for business in Richmond. Its located downtown. There is a sports bar and starbucks in the Marriott across the street, but the Hilton is more reasonably priced.

My only complaint was a very rude clerk when I checked in. Her nametag was "Miss C". I emailed the manager, and he quickly responded and apologized.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank mrd1352

Thank you for your recent visit to our hotel and feedback. While I was glad to learn you had a nice visit, I was certainly disappointed to hear of your welcome at the desk. We have discussed this with the team, and again thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We look forward to your next visit with us.