“Great Choice if Staying Downtown”

Hilton Richmond Downtown
Ranked #7 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I've stayed here many times while traveling on business.

Very professionally run establishment. Clean, bright, quiet, great location and good food.

Would definitely recommend this location to others and will stay there again if my travels take me to Richmond.

A suggestion for the hotel management....
- Some of the rooms are not suited for two beds. The result is no room to move your desk chair.
One King bed rather than two Queens would work better.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2012

Dear Journey through the lens;

We sincerely appreciate your visit to Richmond, our hotel, and your feedback. Thank you for the kind feedback about our hotel and staff / service. Being the former historic Miller & Rhoads Department Store affords us many rooms that are various sizes. Being in a market with many sports events, and the need for Doubles (We have aprox. 40% rooms with double beds) makes it difficult to reduce these types of rooms, but we will certainly review your comments relative to more Kings for future room reconfiguration. As a suggestion, if a Hilton Honors guests we can update your profile and personalize your visits and ensure you have one of our larger oversized rooms.

Thanks again,

John Cario

Write a ReviewReviews (1,598)

Reviewed 19 April 2012

I've stayed here a few times and each time am pleasantly surprised by the level and quality of service from the employees. The beds are exceptionally comfortable (there's a dial where you can choose the firmness), the rooms are spacious and always clean. But it's the service that will keep me coming back. Without exception, the staff is friendly, helpful, and it seems like everyone will bend over backwards to help. I love coming here. Definitely my favorite place to stay in Richmond.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear Southern Gem;

Thank you for your visits to Richmond and our Hotel - HGI - Richmond, Downtown. We sincerely appreciate your comments relative to our "Bend over backwards service", as the team certainly strives to do just that for all of our guests. It was great to hear you enjoy our Garden Sleep Systems beds as well, and our rooms. We look forward to your next visit and we'll keep bending !

Reviewed 16 April 2012

My family had never had ocassion to stay Downtown Richmond before now and we called a number of hotels to find somthing that would meet our needs. From the call I placed for information until we left for home every aspect of our stay was great.
The staff was " happy " to assist in every way, from giving directions, recomending sites to see, to places to eat they seemed to care that our experience in Richmond was going to be a good one.
We will be back

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Dear Jim;

Thank you for your recent visit to Richmond, the University of Richmond and your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn. I was glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and the team assisted in many ways as you mentioned. We are very fortunate to be in a City like Richmond that is home to several Universities; VCU, U of R, and VUU.

We look forward to your return visits.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

On Saturday, March 31, 2012, I had the fortune of receiving top notch quality service from the Food & Beverage Staff.

While attending a business conference, my team of independent business owners decided to have lunch at the American Grill. The Food & Beverage staff was very accomodating, professional and prompt as they served over 80 business owners from across the country.

The best part of my experience was seeing the Food & Beverage Director, Map - lend his hand to support his staff. This showed me that they were willing to workin unity, as a team, to ensure that everyone was served.

Not only did we receive great service but the food was delicious as well. What a great combination. I recommend every to host their business luncheons at the Hilton Garden Inn - Downtown Richmond.

Kudos!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear Rob;

Thank you for your recent visit to our hotel and the American Grill Restaurant. I was glad to hear your group's dining event went well, and pleased to see Map and his team deliver great service for your event. We look forward to future events you may have, and appreciate this feedback.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I stayed there during Easter while visiting family. It was a nice quiet stay. The hotel was newly renovated and clean. The pool and spa were nice and just the right size. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. I liked how the you could change the softness of the bed. The only thing that I didn't like was the breakfast was not free though it was fine because I liked the hotel and I went out to eat. I also left something of mine there, and they are nice and sending it to me now. Overall, great hotel! :)

• Stayed: April 2012
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Dear cupcake;

Thank you for your recent stay and Tripadvisor review. I was glad to hear you enjoyed your visit, the pool, and surrounding area. While we do charge for breakfast it is the full, all you can eat, cooked to order style breakfast, and I am certain on your next visit you'll find it's value is well worth the price. I was glad to hear we found your left items and got them back to you.

We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel for an athletic tournament. While we didn't really enjoy downtown Richmond, the hotel was a comfortable oasis, and very convenient to the convention center. Check in was slow. The staff did a great job with the various groups. It seemed to be a busy weekend for them.

Room Tip: You may wish to ask if there is a quiet side. We heard a few emergency vehicles during the night.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Dear Miz Italy;

Thank you for the recent review after your stay with us. We had a very busy March, and many athletic events as you mentioned; Richmond is fortunate to have CAA basketball, Jefferson Cup Soccer, Field Hockey to name a few. These groups certainly have their peak demand arrival and departure times and we strive to manage the flow as best possible. We appreciate your feedback, and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

Stayed for a conference and was so impressed with the excellent service. Special food requests were no problem. Friendly suggestions for local attractions and restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2012

Dear Jeepy !

Thanks for the visit and your kind comments.