“Simply the best!”

Hilton Richmond Downtown
Ranked #7 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 May 2012

If you are visiting Richmond, Virginia for business or pleasure I highly recommend this hotel. The Hilton Garden Inn Richmond is a place where the staff do not just say they thank you for your patronage, they show you each and every day all day that they are glad that you are staying with them.
From the moment I arrived I was welcomed and treated to high end spa quality hospitality. Everyone - and I do mean EVERYONE - was focused on giving me the most courteous and gracious service possible. The rooms are well sized, appointed and immaculate. I found the bed a dream and the quiet at night afforded me the most restful sleep I have had in a hotel. Requests for assistance and room service were promptly answered. If you do not drive they have an excellent shuttle service with the most courteous and professional drivers I have encountered in my travels. However, the area of the hotel's location is very walkable as well if you are able to do that. I have a physical disability and they were accommodating without being patronizing. I was ill during my visit and they did everything they could to make me comfortable.

You can pay much, much more a night for a stay in a hotel that gives you turn down service and a chocolate on your pillow. Or you can choose 5 star quality for less and stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Richmond. I truly believe that, in their quest to provide me the ultimate experience this staff just might have turned down that bed if I had asked, but why ask? Everything already was perfect the way it was. Who needs turn down service when you have a team totally focused on your health, well being and comfort.

The next time I am in Richmond I will be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn downtown.

1  Thank Sheryl S

Reviewed 22 May 2012

We used this hotel as a base for our recent family reunion as it was central to all the places around Richmond that we wanted to go to. There were approximately 25 of us staying at the hotel and I did not hear any complaints from any of our family. The staff was helpful and gracious and attended to any request we had. The room was huge and fit the roll away bed for my youngest child very well, so we did not feel crowded at all. The hotel was busy with a teen age engineering convention staying there, a visiting Georgia college baseball team and a wedding but despite all that, the room was quiet. The valet parking, which is a good deal with us using our cars in and out for one set price/day, was quick. The only sticker shock was the prices in the bar. We would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank edesbonnet
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Thank you for your recent visit for your reunion, and I was glad to see you and your family had an enjoyable stay. Yes, we certainly have our share of visiting sports teams, youth groups, and weddings, and that weekend was a busy one, I think a graduation in town too ! Like you, they seem to enjoy our hotel and services and convenient to all of Downtown Richmond's offerings.

We hope to see you on a return Richmond visit, maybe for some personal R&R.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Frequently I think to myself that I should write a review, but this time I promised myself I would. This hotel's staff is incredibly welcoming and gracious. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the roasted half chicken dinner on the room service menu was the best I have ever had. The hotel was located in a very walk able neighborhood. I cannot say enough about this place, they truly personify the idea of being brilliant at the basics and offer tremendous value.

1  Thank Christy G

Dear Christy;

Thank you for your recent visit to Richmond and our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your positive experience. I was glad to see we took good care of you and we certainly hope to see you on a return visit to your "better than home" hotel.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

No doubt, the freindliest and helpful staff of any hotel I've stayed at. Everyone I ran into, greeted me and made sure my stay was the best it could be. When I walked into my room, I was pleasantly suprised by the size of it. For a standard room, it was the biggest of any hotel I've been to. In addition, the location is great for the Richmond area. I know from now on, when I travel, I'm looking for a Hilton Garden Inn!!!

1  Thank scottmpd28
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Dear Scott;

Glad to hear you had a friendly experience with us at the HGI - Richmond, that is one of our goals, and we have a great team to make it happen. We appreciate your visit and feedback, and hope to see you in the future on a return visit.

Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

The staff here is outstanding. Everyone is friendly and helpful. The room was clean overall. If that was a king bed then I've never seen one that narrow so I'm calling it a queen. Comfortable but a queen. Bathroom was very nice, well appointed and clean. Nice lighting overall. Wi-Fi was great. HD TV was ok. We had a quiet stay hearing little from the hallway or adjacent rooms. We used the valet parking. The valet staff smoked in our car really stinking it up. Not cool. Everything in downtown Richmond is within walking distance so the hotel is in a great location. If it hadn't been for the rotten valet experience it would have been an excellent stay.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank rdsaundrs

Thank you for your recent visit, and feedback. We will review your positive comments with the team, as well address your noted concerns relative to valet with our valet company that operates this service. We certainly can do better, and while the rest of your visit as noted was positive, we strive for the entire experience to be perfect !

We look forward to your return visit to Richmond.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

I would recommend this Hotel . The front desk staff is excellent. Doris, Denise and of course Miss "C" are to be commended for their overall attitude towards their guests. As a business traveler you need that extra atention in order to do your job and they provide it without hesitation.
Excellent rooms and great kitchen staff led by an awesome chef who cooks fabulous meals . Convenient location and top notch shuttle service seals the deal for me.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank pattinunu

Dear Pattinunu;

Thank you so very much for your recent visit and feedback. I will thank Doris, Denise and Ms. "C" for their efforts, as well our Chef & Kitchen team. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I planned a large meeting and found the sales team to meet and exceed my needs. Tauheedah and Mark can coordinate any event and all of the details are taken care of. Derek at the front desk is amazing and so fun. The kitchen team (especially the morning team ...led by Barbara I think is her name) is outrageously good! Rooms are clean and the atmosphere is awesome.

I don't want to leave out Damali Smith. She was warm and welcoming and met all of my initial rooming needs for the beginning of these meetings.

Remember that you are parking in the city and the Valet team is great but it may fill up in the Hotel lot, you can park right across the street for $18.00. Just FYI

Enjoy your stay at this grand hotel....I did!!!

Melody

3  Thank Melody b

Thank you for your recent visit, and meeting with us at the Hilton. We appreciate your kind words, as well recognizing some of our key staff; Tauheedah, Mark, Damali, Barbara and Derrick. I was glad to hear they went out of their way to ensure your meeting and visit was successful. I will personally thank each of them for their efforts.

We look forward to your next visit and / or meeting with us.