“Friendliest Staff”

Hilton Richmond Downtown
Ranked #7 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 December 2012

On December 14, 2012 we had our Christmas Party at the Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Downtown. The party was a huge success and we had lots of compliments that have carried on for days following the event. I don’t think this event would have been as successful without the help of Kathryn, Jimmy, Laura and MAP . Kathryn was essential in helping us plan the event and giving us suggestions. I know she worked very hard to help us secure parking spaces and making sure we had enough food. All the details were as promised. Jimmy and his catering team were wonderful to work for. The food was incredible. I had lots of compliments on the food (especially the potato bar). Laura helped us with the booking of the rooms for those that wished to stay overnight. She kept me informed when we had changes and I felt like I was kept in the loop. MAP was so helpful and anytime I had a question during the event and even the next morning he was quick to respond with knowledge and kindness. The valet’s were also very effective in helping our employees. Their hard work to secure the spaces necessary was essential. The entire staff at the Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Downtown was so friendly. I don’t think I passed a single employee that didn’t say hello or ask me how I was doing. Your team was fantastic and such a pleasure to work with. I cannot express enough how thankful I am to your staff and those especially that worked closely with me to have our event be such a hit and success.

Room Tip: The corner suite was fabulous with all the windows.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2012

Dear Tammy;

Thank you for having your Holiday party with us recently and your wonderful feedback on your stay, event, and our team here. We do have a wonderful and dedicated team ready to assist with an overnight visit, or an event, and I will thank each of those your recognized. We hope to see you sooner than your next Holiday party ! Happy New Year !

There are newer reviews for Hilton Richmond Downtown

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Stayed using Hilton Honors points in order to participate in the Christmas parade (which ends close to the hotel). Staff was very friendly from the valet to the front desk staff to the lounge barkeep to the shuttle driver. We did not meet the housekeeper but the room was nice and clean. The valet service was very quick and our vehicle was always ready within minutes. We got in kind of late and just squeaked in before food service closed at the lounge but we were able to order a couple of healthy portabello mushroom appetizers as snacks and they were yummy. Our room was waaaay down the winding corridor from the elevator but it was quiet there. The view was of other hotel rooms so we kept the curtains closed. Room was a little small but the ceilings were nice and high and it didn't feel too cramped. Plenty of power outlets. Bed was comfortable. Bright lighting in the bathroom. Nice to have a microwave and mini-fridge in the room. Coffee carafe spout was broken but the maker was still serviceable and you can also get free coffee downstairs in the AM. The shuttle service is a nice perk especially since we HATE driving and finding parking downtown. Shuttle was ready earlier than quoted after we called down to go meet friends at a restaurant. Pick up from the restaurant on E. Cary St. took a bit of time, though. Both drivers were very pleasant. The Christmas cookies at the front desk were a sweet touch! Will choose this hotel if we participate in the parade again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JediTraveller

Dear JediTraveler;

Glad you hear you visited for the recent Christmas parade. We were proud to be a sponsor this year. I was glad to hear all aspects of your visit went well. I'll thank the team that assisted, and we hope to see you again in the future. Happy New Year !

John Cario - GM

Reviewed 9 December 2012

We were in town for our son’s graduation from Virginia Commonwealth University and choose the Hilton Garden Inn because of its proximity to the Convention Center, where the commencement was being held. What a wonderful experience we had! From the moment we pulled up to the Valet parking and checked in, the staff was very efficient and attentive. Our rooms were very clean and roomy. Went to the lobby bar for a drink and met Kam. What a delightful individual! After a long conversation about the hotel and where to go to dinner, he was caught up in our excitement, suggested a restaurant, and it was a very good recommendation. After dinner we came back to our hotel, my parents went to bed, and we went back to the bar for an after dinner drink. Kam was delighted that we enjoyed the restaurant and we closed the bar with him, enjoying the camaraderie!
Graduation was scheduled for 2:00 p.m. Check out was at 11:00 and because of my parents, I asked if we could extend our check out time, they were MORE than accommodating, and very gracious in the process. All in all, we would very much recommend this hotel, especially THE STAFF and certainly come back here to stay.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor and found it very comfortable.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Vicky M

Dear Vicky;

Thank you for your recent visit to Richmond for a graduation, as well your stay with us at the Hilton Garden. I was pleased to hear your stay was pleasurable, as well you enjoyed the dinner recommendations (many new restaurants are near the hotel) and your time with Kam at the bar. I'll thank the team, and we look forward to your return visit. Happy New Year ahead !

John Cario - GM

Reviewed 3 December 2012

I spent 2 days here this week, and I was pleased with everything, except one minor aspect. I was on the 6th floor and the traffic sounded as if it were in the room with me...throbbing bass, barking dogs, and loud music. The hotel itself was quiet. The outside noise was infrequent but I heard that on the 2nd floor, the windows vibrated. I slept well though. Everyone working there was very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Get a high floor to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Angela W
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Angela;

Thanks for your visit and comments on your recent stay. I was glad to hear your two day's with us went well, however you did hear some of our "sounds of the city". We also have interior rooms should you need a quieter room on a future visit. Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 1 December 2012

We were in town to see Kevin Hart at the Richmond Coliseum! A 3 block walk from this hotel, which was great! The hotel also offered a shuttle service, which we took over to the show. The hotel staff we friendly, courteous, and attentive. We enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: You can request higher floors and different city views, but you will have to pay for it.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lennea623

Dear Lennea623;

Thanks for your recent visit to Richmond for a show, and stay with us. Richmond Downtown is certainly in a perfect location for concerts and / or shows at Richmond venues; Landmark, National, Center Stage, or the Coliseum to name a few choices. A short walk, or a ride in our shuttle as you mentioned, makes it easy ! I was glad to hear your stay was a pleasant experience, and we do look forward to a return stay with us.

GM

Reviewed 1 December 2012 via mobile

Yep, parking is pricey. The guys running the cars work hard and other than being a $$$ burden its faster than most hotel valets.

Room was very big and very clean. Staff was friendly and efficient.

The food in the morning was sufficient. Dinner was so bad we sent back both meals and left. Other great places to eat nearby, so avoid the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Beltway_Hater

Dear Beltway Hater;

Thanks for your recent stay and feedback. Thank you also for your personal email to discuss your comments related to your meal, we certainly do better, and we have addressed your comments with the team. We hope to see you soon.

John & Team

Reviewed 26 November 2012 via mobile

It was just an amazing stay from the friendly valets and front desk. Then once I got into the room was even better had a lot of room with a mini fridge and a microwave. The bed was great had the best night sleep I had in a long time. Has to be the best hotel in downtown Richmond by far.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Joker88

Dear Joker88;

Thanks for your November visit and your "wow" rating. We appreciate the visit and your feedback, and we'll share your comments with the team. Happy Holidays !