“We love it!”

Hilton Richmond Downtown
Ranked #7 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 January 2013 via mobile

All the staff here are SO friendly (like everyone in Richmond) it's contagious!!! Great rooms, bed, spa, pool, price, location, the list is endless. I highly recommend staying here when your planning your next visit to Richmond.

• Stayed: January 2013
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Dear PerthieGirl;

Thanks ! You said it well ! Hope to see you back soon.

John - GM

Reviewed 9 January 2013

I travel to Richmond from DC very often for work, so I am happy to have a great place to stay. The hotel rooms are typical of a Hilton Garden Inn, but the hotel itself has some character. The parking is easy with the valet folks and the service folks are nice. I will continue to stay as long as the rooms are clean and service remains top notch.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DC-HubertP
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2013

Dear DC HubertP;

Thanks for your recent stays and posting on Tripadvisor. We look forward to your continued patronage. John - GM

Reviewed 7 January 2013

I had a great stay here. The man in charge of the shuttle service couldn't have been nicer, and took me to a couple of places in order for me to pick up things I needed for a gift bag. The valets were also friendly and had the car on time at all times. Miss C at the front desk was great too - she hooked me up with some toiletries since I forgot them.
Thanks guys!
Elizabeth

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Dear Elisabeth;

Thanks for your visit and feedback. I will certainly thank our van team, valet team, and Ms. C, on your positive comments from your visit.

Hope to see you return soon, and don't forget to back the toiletris :) but we also have if you forget !

Reviewed 6 January 2013

My family and I went to Richmond for a short get-away from the busy DC area, and we felt we had the perfect place to stay! Our room was extremely spacious, with a very high ceiling, which gave it an elegant feel. We also enjoyed the central location in downtown Richmond. All of the staff we encountered were gracious and friendly, and we were impressed with the affordable price of the room. I did think the breakfast was a bit expensive since we don't eat a lot and it was a fixed price. (We ended up going across the street to Starbuck's.) I remember the old Miller and Rhoads store from my childhood, and I think the Hilton chain did a beautiful job in preserving this significant Richmond landmark.
I would also add that the valet parking attendants were prompt, friendly, and helpful!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear MagMac;

Thank you for your recent stay and feedback. I was glad to hear overall your stay with us was excellent. Regarding our breakfast, yes, there is a fee, however at HGI we prepare a full cooked to order, all you can eat buffet breakfast to get your day started. Some items include waffles, omeletes, assorted fruits, muffins and of course coffee, tea, and juices. Also, kids 6 and under eat free, so a deal for the younger families in this economy !

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

We stayed here for one weekend night primarily because of its location to the conference center and had a very nice stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean and comfortably furnished. We utilized the workout center and pool/hot tub during our stay as well and they were great. It was a very relaxing stay without any discomfort or inconveniences.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Dear Edward;

Thank you for your recent visit and comments to Tripadvisor. We look forward to your next Richmond visit and stay.

Reviewed 29 December 2012

Our company had prearranged for us to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Downtown during our convention from a Wednesday to a Sunday. At every turn we were met with excellent service at this hotel. From the front desk, to hotel staff all over the building, we were greeted with smiles and requests to help us. We were especially impressed with the attentiveness of Derrick and Denise and would gladly stay at this property anytime we are in town for business or pleasure again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2012

Thank you for your recent visit with us for a conference. I was glad to hear you enjoyed your multi-day stay with us, and here in Richmond. I will thank the team you mentioned. Happy New Year ahead.

Reviewed 23 December 2012

My friend and I were in town for a concert and we chose this hotel because of the convenience to the venue. As soon was we walked inside we knew we had made the right choice. Everything about the hotel was beautiful and very, very clean. The only negative I can think of is that the Front Desk service was not as outstanding as the hotel itself. I wish the they had been just a little more pleasant. Other than that, our stay was absolutely fabulous.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your stay with us and feedback. I hope you enjoyed the concert. I was glad to hear your overall stay was "fabulous", but it sounds like we need to do some work on some of the desk staff to be as "wonderful" as the rest of your visit. Happy Holidays !