Hilton Richmond Downtown
Travelocity
US$164
US$142
1,632 results
All reviewsdepartment storeconvention centergarden innfront deskvalet parkinghigh ceilingswithin a mile radiusvalet staffshuttle servicehistoric buildingthe executive loungefull servicefree shuttlebusiness triphotel staffvery nice hotelenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My family and I stayed at the Richmond downtown Hilton Garden Inn March 14-16 for a soccer tournament using hilton honor points. I typcially stay at Marriotts but chose this hotel based on reviews. They lived up to every postive review. The hotel decor an ammenities were very nice. The room was spotless and comfortable. The staff was exemplary. They accomodated every request I had made. The parking staff kept my car in front the entire weekend, Ja-Mel at the front desk went out of his way to provide a grat corner room with 15-20 cielings. Diane of the cleaning staff, Bill, the waiter and Barbara the nice lady who made us a special breakfast no questions asked or extra charge, the hotel engineer who came to the front desk and followed me to my room to repair my son's toy and the hotle van driver who stayed late to pick us up after dinner. The service and the hotel blew away a jaded, cynical NJ weekly business traveler. I can not reccommend this hotel enough.

Room Tip: ask for a corner room ending in 09. extra high cielings 15ft with wrap around windows.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Jeremy;

Thank you for your recent visit for soccer, most likely the recent Jefferson Cup tournaments in RVA. Glad to hear you made the trek from New Jersey, as well you found our hotel and staff to exceed your expectations. I will thank Jermell for his efforts, as well review your "Great" comments with the team. Hope to see you back again, perhaps a non-soccer weekend, does that ever happen ?

John Cario (Former soccer dad)
GM

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I told the front desk my bed was like a sponge on a rock that sunk down as the night went by so you would wake up in a hole. No Response. I tried the adjustment on the side and it didn't change anything. Could have offered a different room or to check the bed. The service at dinner was a joke. The young man waiting on us took our order, brought our food out and we didn't see him again for about 20 minutes. My steak was over cooked and he took it back to replace it. My friend finished his dinner while I waited. Thought he would at least fill our water glass but after anther 25 minutes I stopped the bartender as she went by and ordered a drink from her. She brought to our table. After waiting 10 more minutes we got up, left the restaurant and went to the bar. Where I ordered a club sandwich and told the bar tender to have them cancel the steak ordered in restaurant I was tired of waiting for it. I got my sandwich and the supervisor came over and credited or dinner. I think the dinner could have been handled way better and in a more timely manner.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
LWharton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I apologize for the lack of response from the front desk about your bed, as well as your poor service in the restaurant. Typically we do much better, and I regret this was the case. I have emailed you privately to discuss your stay further. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I stayed here while attending a convention. It is very convenient but the that is all it is. The place has significant maintenance issues. During my morning shower the tub spout came off and shot across the tub leaving water pouring out of an exposed pipe. I could not work out at the fitness center because two of the three treadmills were not working. Finally, the thermostat setting was not remotely close to the temperature in the room. Next year, I will book earlier and stay at the Marriott across the street.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Thomas H
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Thomas;

Thank you for your visit and feedback. I was disappointed to see you had several concerns during your visit, as well I have emailed you personally to hopefully resolve. We will address these with the team. We thank you for your feedback, and do hope to have the opportunity to show we can do better in the future.

Sincerely, John Cario - GM

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I chose the HGI due to the tripadvisor reviews as I don't know Richmond at all.

I was impressed by my entire experience. I want to mention that I was there in the middle of winter and between snowstorms because that affected my stay.

I had flown a red eye and was exhausted when I arrived. The front desk staff was friendly, helpful, and willing to joke around with me. The guys who valet parked cars were quick and efficient. Considering the fact that they had to stay out in below-freezing weather, I highly commend them.

I liked that the hotel offered morning and afternoon beverages and snacks. Even more, I appreciated free wifi.

The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The location was good, and as a woman traveling alone, I felt safe.

My one complaint is the cost of the valet. There is self-parking nearby that is cheaper. Had it not been so cold, I would have used it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Moonette
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Moonette;

Thanks for your visit and tripadvisor post. I'll surely thank our valet team who does do a great job in all sorts of weather, and this year certainly many cold days. Glad to hear you had a great visit, and enjoyed our many amenities. Hope to see you back soon. John and team.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I accidently made my reservation for the following Thursday and did not realize it until I was at the front desk and my car was already with the valet. I was downtown and exhausted and did not want to have to find another hotel. Things quickly turned around when Lyndsey the office manager started helping me. She was SUPER nice and assured me that she would take care of me. She found a better room for me than the one I originally booked and then worked with me on the rate because they were almost sold out and you pay more when you are not booking ahead. I don't think she could have done a better job taking care of me and fixing my mistake. The hotel is really nice and everyone has been great. I will absolutely stay here again. BTW I travel almost every week and know a great hotel when I stay in one! Thanks again Lyndsey!!!!!

2  Thank MIke L

Dear Mike;

Thanks for your recent visit to Richmond and stay with us. Glad to hear Lyndsey got things sorted out for you. We look forward to your future visit here, as well wish you safe travels ahead. John Cario - GM.