“As comfortable as HOME”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Collinsville, Illinois
“As comfortable as HOME”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I am traveling to Richmond on a regular basis for work. I was staying at another hotel until they could not accommodate me one week and I checked into the Hilton Gardens. Everyone from the front door to the restaurant is SO VERY NICE. They honestly want to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable. I have spent hours in the comfortable chair reading and watching television. The bed is adjustable and you can find your personal comfort level. When you come down stairs in the morning Ms. Sandra is there to warmly greet you with a smile and offer you a hearty (and affordable) breakfast. If not, free coffee is waiting for you on your way out the door. The management staff is alert and aware of all the activity in the hotel offering an additional layer of safety in addition to their extremely heavy room doors. This stay is as comfortable as if I were at home with full service.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the front are quieter but you can't go wrong with any room because they are so c...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Dear Catherine;

Thank you for your recent visit due to another hotel being full, we hate when that happens :) I will thank the team for providing a comfortable and safe environment for you, and we do hope to see you back again soon. Sincerely, John - GM.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This was my first time in Richmond for a convention. The hotel has the perfect location in Downtown just a few blocks from the Capitol and right across the street from the Convention Center. The facilities were impeccable and the stuff is absolutely wonderful. Good fitness center and pool on the second floor. The restaurant for breakfast was great and the Third and Thirsty Bar has a great vibe.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thanks so much for your visit and feedback. Very nice to hear you enjoyed the vibes at our new lounge. We hope to see you back soon. John Cario - GM
Virginia
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Just returned from two days at Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Richmond. The location is right off Broad and close to Children Hospital of Richmond (which is why I needed to be there). Hilton Garden Inn has a negotiated contract with CHoR for patients and families, as do Downtown Marriott and The Omni. The staff were pleasant and accommodating in every way they could be. I asked for a late check-out (pending notification from CHoR) and the front desk immediately offered a 2pm which helped me immensely. The parking lot is very busy, tight and tricky. While my rating is "very good" I would choose Hilton Garden Inn as my third choice when returning for one reason...room service is only offered from 5pm-9pm. I totally appreciate the hotel offers what caters to the majority of their clientele. For my situation I can not always leave my son in the room to go downstairs and get breakfast items before heading to the hospital for the day. As the mother of a child who frequents CHoR, early morning access to room service is very important.

Dear DR_Baba;

Thank you for your recent stay and feedback on our hotel. Glad to hear that the majority of your visit was positive. While our posted hours for room service are 5p-9p, we certainly can make a tray up, and / or on special request welcome the opportunity (especially with your sitution) to deliver an order at any other time. Please let us know on future visits how we can do just that. Many times you'll see many of us helping in the restaurant, so honestly taking breakfast or lunch to a room to meet a special request would be welcome by myself or anyone on my team.

John Cario - GM
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The only thing this hotel has going for it is the staff. They were all very friendly and helpful. The hotel was loud and not clean like other Hilton Garden Inns where I have stays. The food in the restaurant for breakfast was not edible. The muffins were hard as a rock the fruit mushy and the bacon tasted like it had freezer burn. My daughter and I managed to eat a waffle (which we fixed ourselves) and salvaged the $14 we paid for the bad breakfast buffet.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank anm22314
Thank you for your recent visit and feedback. I was very disappointed to hear of your comments, and we certainly will immediately investigate on your concerns. I did send a personal email to learn exactly when you stayed with us, and understand how we can do better ahead. We sincerely appreciate your feedback, as we strive to deliver on excellence in all we do. Sincerely, John Cario - GM.
Leesburg, United States
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We had two rooms for our 1 day stay. We were greeted by a warm and friendly Staff. We were upgraded. Highly Recommend this Hilton Garden Inn. We will definitely stay here during our return trips. The Hotel is conveniently located in downtown Richmond. We were able to walk to our various destinations thereby saving time and parking.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Nicholas; Thank you for your recent visit and feedback. We hope to see you in the future on a return visit to our hotel and Richmond. John
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I am a Diamond and I stay over 130 nights in a year in Hilton family hotels. I have only seen a General Manager once who is really involved and is walking around all the time, and is the staff. That was at the Salem, OR Hampton Inn. I have found another General Manager and his team to being doing the same thing at the Hilton Garden Inn in Richmond Downtown. I see him early in the morning in the breakfast area making sure everything is ok. I see him during the day, I see him in the evening in the lobby. I see his staff walking around and smiling and saying hello. I see them holding meetings standing up out in the open in the lobby or hallways instead of sitting in the back room somewhere. I see them actively involved with customers like me. I think this should be a model that the Hilton family of hotels (and all hotels for that matter) can learn from. To be fair, I am not saying everything in the hotel is perfect. No one is perfect and nothing is perfect. If I have a problem, I voice my concern or opinion and they review it and take action if needed. I did want to take the time to write this review because I like this and I feel valued. Thank you.

Room Tip: Rooms on lower floors who face the street will encounter a lot of traffic noise, trucks, even heard...
1 Thank staytastic
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Staytastic;

Thank you kindly for your recent stay and feedback, as well we sincerely appreciate you a Diamond Hilton Honor's guest. We do strive to deliver excellent service to every guest, and glad to hear we did so on your visit. We also welcome your feedback on areas we can improve, or as noted to continue towards perfection.

We look forward to your next Hilton visit.

Sincerely, John & Team.
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Overall the hotel is pleasant, not the worst, far from the best. The front desk experience kind of sums it up. The coffee maker was broken as was the phone, so I waited in line to report the issue. I placed my key on the desk so she could see my room and reported the issue. The lady replied "are you going to tell me your room number?" Why yes, it is here for your reference. Oh and since you have a coffee marker here, can I have a cup? "No. That's $2.50. You should call me from your room" (but the phone is broke) meanwhile every employee walks by and helps themselves. She never noted the broken items in the room ... I finally found a maintenence man and told him. Disappointed with Hilton.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank WeLove2Fly
Dear Welove2fly;

Very disappointing post, and I am hoping it was the wrong hotel during your travels. I welcome your call or email to understand who would say or act in this way, certainly not the hospitality we are known for or train. I did also send a personal email to address further.

Sincerely, John Cario - GM.