Hilton Richmond Downtown
US$121
US$165
US$142
1,633 results
All reviewsdepartment storeconvention centergarden innfront deskvalet parkinghigh ceilingswithin a mile radiusvalet staffshuttle servicehistoric buildingthe executive loungefull servicefree shuttlebusiness triphotel staffvery nice hotelenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was my first trip to the Library of VA to do genealogy work so I picked the Hilton because it is only 2 blocks from the library. It was a nice hotel and price wasn't too bad for a downtown. Bed was comfortable and room was quiet and cool (it was rainy, humid and hot). Everyone was friendly. The only thing....I drove and had to pay $21 to park my car overnight in their garage. If you are researching at the library they have free parking so next time I'll probably stay at one of the hotels a few blocks away that have free parking and then just drive to the library. Also, there's not much in the way of restaurants or coffee shops within a couple blocks. City was dead after everyone left from work.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
LWharton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thanks for staying with us! I am glad to see you enjoyed your time with us! I hope we have the opportunity to host you again. I'm sure we can show you some great things to do in RVA after work hours. Thanks again!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We are from Richmond but wanted to show our future relatives some of downtown, since they plan on moving to the city soon. When checking in one of our rooms was ready but the other needed more time to be vacated and cleaned. The young man at the front desk, not sure of his name but his byline was that he was a student, was extremely condescending. He mixed up which reservation was ours and then the woman next to him chimed in to tell us completely wrong information. We decided to go upstairs to wait in one room for the other to be finished, and though they said they would call us at 4 we eventually had to call to down the front desk and ask for the key. We finally got the keys at about 4:30, which is ironic since the man at the front desk repeated check in was at 4 again and again.
The cleaning woman in our area was extremely helpful and kind though, which restored my faith in the staff. The whole atmosphere pf the hotel is great, and our visit really impressed the future family. hopefully the guy was just having a bad day and doesn't treat guests so poorly on a regular basis.

Room Tip: Suites are spacious and beautiful
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing about your recent stay at our hotel! I am glad the overall experience was positive, however, I would like to apologize for your less-than-stellar arrival. Typically my team is efficient and friendly; I regret that this was the case for you. I have emailed you privately to discuss. Thank you again, and I hope we have the opportunity to host you the next time your travels bring you back to RVA!

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Centrally located, just a couple of blocks from the capitol. Space is not a problem in Richmond: Huge rooms with nice amenities. There are free hot drinks in the morning in the lobby and complimentary wifi all over the hotel. There is valet parking in the hotel but there is a cheaper public parking next to it.

Stayed: June 2014
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Jon;

We appreciate your recent visit and feedback. Glad you find us a good option in the Downtown Richmond area. A note on parking, while yes our valet only is $21 overnight it does allow for in and out access 24 hours daily, and while the lot accross the street is $17 or so, it is not the same in / out. (Just a helpful hint if needed.) Watch also for some of our "Downtown Work Deals" which can include parking for better price / value. Also, weekend parking on the streets in Richmond is "free" when / if you can find a spot. Thanks for the feedback, and hope to see you back with us soon. John Cario - GM

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our family recently stayed here at the end of our vacation. The staff was pleasant & helpful & the facilities were excellent! In addition, this hotel's location can't be topped, just a few blocks from the Capitol building, yummy restaurants & across the street from the Convention Center. I hope I return to Richmond soon & can stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Rachel;

Thank you for your great review of our hotel, and the Richmond area. Yes, we are proud of our facility and neighborhood with the many new restaurants (and more coming soon) in the area. We hope to see you back soon. John and team

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I joined my daughter, her husband, and their family on a trip to Richmond for a three day home-school conference. At the last minute, we decided to see if rooms had become available at the Hilton Garden Inn, which is so close to the convention center. We were able to book the last two rooms in the hotel - two suites. At $269 a night, they were a bargain. Both were quite large and included a bonus ½ bath. During the days, i kept the 5, 3, and 1 year old at the hotel while their parents attended the conference. The room was SO large and nice that I could have the baby napping in the bedroom while the other children and I were in the living area. There were two walls of windows and high ceilings, so we never got "cabin fever". With a wet bar area, the children could still enjoy their morning smoothies, etc. The staff was amazingly accommodating - from bellman to waitress to front desk. Everyone was anxious to please. Because the conference lasted later on our check-out day than expected, I was able to keep one suite for almost 6 hours for ½ day's charge. I am "old school" and remember the South's old glorious hotels; my expectations are high, and I am usually not only disappointed, but also disgusted. Though this hotel is in a historic building, it was new, bright, and clean. In fact, everything about it was really top-notch

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Toybaby;

Thank you for your recent visit and stay with us in one of our suites. I was pleased to hear we were not "less than perfect", as well you met some of our great staff here. We hope to see you back when your travels return you to Richmond. Happy Summer ahead.

Sincerely, John Cario - GM