“Top notch service in the heart of Richmond's Historic Downtown”

Hilton Richmond Downtown
Ranked #7 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 June 2014

During our two day stay, we found this Hotel to have excellent service from all its staff, from the valet attendants to the housekeepers to the wait staff at the restaurant and lounge. The room were very spacious with attractive and warm decor, top quality linens and firm, comfortable beds. We also noticed that this hotel is a certified Virginia Green hotel, and has implemented a variety of initiatives that help reduce energy usage and conserve and recycle resources. They appear to be training their staff well about these efforts. There was a lot going on and different large groups, but all seemed to be organized well and enjoying their stays at the Hilton.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deueler
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Deueler;

Thanks for your great feedback after your stay with us regarding our "top notch service" as well our efforts with Va. Green and sustainability. We strive to do all we can to assist the environment; Composting, Recyling, Soap reuse (via Globalsoap.org), and much more, and so glad you noticed. We hope to see you back soon !

John Cario - GM.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,583)

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Front desk was very efficient and helpful when checking us in. We were passing through on our way home from my daughters basketball game in Pennsylvania. We absolutely loved the room, the area, and the comfortable bedding. We slept just as if we were at our own home. You do have to pay for parking, but the location makes it worth it. We were overall very happy with the accommodations and would stay here again.

1  Thank Geonu12

Thank you for your recent visit and comments. Hoping your daughter did well in her basketball game. We'll share your notes with the team ! John - GM.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Accommodations were nice. Bed is supposed to be adjustable; but, still too hard even on lowest setting. Dinner buffet left a lot to be desired at a way to high cost. Had to ask numerous times for condiments to put on a burger and hot dog. salad bar had 3 items to top your salad along with a bug in the salad dressing.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Julie;

Thank you for your recent stay and tripadvisor post. I was disappointed to hear you had concerns with our Garden Sleep System bedding. Our GSS bedding have a comfort dial that you can set and it should have provided comfort, we will certainly check your room to ensure this is working properly. I noted as well you had some concerns in our restaurant, we will review this with our team. I have also sent you a personal email to discuss with you further. Thanks again for your visit and feedback, we hope to see you back soon.

John Cario - GM.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I came here with a national convention the beta club and I experienced superior customer service from the moment we walked in to the moment that we left I ended up staying an extra day just because of the customer service because my child went by bus and wouldn't make it until the following day with his school. Everyone from the house keeping the managers front desk everyone was so nice and just went out of their way to help us to get us anything we needed I ended up burning myself on my own accord and they brought me a Band-Aids I got thirsty later during the night because of my burn I couldn't really move they brought me drinks they were just absolutely amazing the guys took us around the city wherever we needed to go and as soon as we called them to pick us up they came back to pick us up On time. I have traveled and I have been to some of the finest hotels in all of this world but nothing compares to the customer service that I received here. Almost unbelievable! PS please forgive my punctuation as I am talking to a microphone and not typing it myself all the way from Texas I would like to say thank you for being so hospitable to myself and my school we really appreciated it and it was a great experience for our children!

• Stayed: June 2014
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Married2anAngel;

Thanks for your recent visit and stay with us here in Richmond at the historic Miller & Rhoads ~ HGI - Richmond. We appreciate your kind feedback on your stay and our team. We appreciate the BETA convention and visitors, and we are glad to hear you had a wonderful visit with us. We hope your travels back to Texas are safe, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Sincerely, John Cario - GM.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We had a few problems which we took to management, and I'm not quite sure if they were resolved, since we never heard from the manager. During busy times, expect a long wait with valet parking. Rooms were very nice. Staff was always smiling, and very polite. Located conveniently across the street from the Convention Center.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
LWharton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for sharing about your time with us. I have emailed you privately to discuss your concerns. I am glad to see that you enjoyed the staff. We hope we have the opportunity to host you again should you return to the Richmond area. You can Count on Us!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was my first trip to the Library of VA to do genealogy work so I picked the Hilton because it is only 2 blocks from the library. It was a nice hotel and price wasn't too bad for a downtown. Bed was comfortable and room was quiet and cool (it was rainy, humid and hot). Everyone was friendly. The only thing....I drove and had to pay $21 to park my car overnight in their garage. If you are researching at the library they have free parking so next time I'll probably stay at one of the hotels a few blocks away that have free parking and then just drive to the library. Also, there's not much in the way of restaurants or coffee shops within a couple blocks. City was dead after everyone left from work.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thanks for staying with us! I am glad to see you enjoyed your time with us! I hope we have the opportunity to host you again. I'm sure we can show you some great things to do in RVA after work hours. Thanks again!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We are from Richmond but wanted to show our future relatives some of downtown, since they plan on moving to the city soon. When checking in one of our rooms was ready but the other needed more time to be vacated and cleaned. The young man at the front desk, not sure of his name but his byline was that he was a student, was extremely condescending. He mixed up which reservation was ours and then the woman next to him chimed in to tell us completely wrong information. We decided to go upstairs to wait in one room for the other to be finished, and though they said they would call us at 4 we eventually had to call to down the front desk and ask for the key. We finally got the keys at about 4:30, which is ironic since the man at the front desk repeated check in was at 4 again and again.
The cleaning woman in our area was extremely helpful and kind though, which restored my faith in the staff. The whole atmosphere pf the hotel is great, and our visit really impressed the future family. hopefully the guy was just having a bad day and doesn't treat guests so poorly on a regular basis.

Room Tip: Suites are spacious and beautiful