“Very nice. Extremely clean, extraordinarily kind.”

Hilton Richmond Downtown
Ranked #7 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Very nice. Extremely clean, extraordinarily kind.”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Thank you to the amazing staff at the Hilton Garden Inn. My mom and I just checked out after two days and were so happy with this property. We traveled to Richmond for my mom to have a bone marrow transplant at the VCU medical campus and Hilton worked with us every step do the way. Giving us a room that was close to the elevator so my mom wouldn't have to walk so far, changing our dates twice due to doctors schedules changing, bringing her extra water, providing a shuttle service to the hospital so we wouldn't have to walk in the extreme heat, Hilton did it all. Thank you for taking some of the worry off our plates for two days.

1 Thank Travlerfor2
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Travelerfor2;

Hoping first that your mom is doing well, and second, we thank you for your visit and feedback. We'll share your nice comments with our team, and honestly you can "count on us" for service like this especially when you are focused on bigger things !

Best to you, and thanks for your stay and feedback. John Cario - GM.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Richmond, United States
Reviewed 28 June 2014

A Hotel as comfortable as if you were at home. Staff are very professional and take the time to learn your name. The atmosphere of the hotel is warm and inviting and the restaurant staff are very helpful. The restaurant food is excellent and entices you to return for every meal. Free coffee in the morning helps your get started for a busy work day. I would not stay anywhere else when in Richmond Virginia.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Catherine;

Thanks for your great review on tripadvisor after your visit. So glad to hear we offer the comforts of Home, we do try to be our guest's "home away from home", and sounds like we've succeeded. We look forward to your next visit. John Cario - GM.
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 27 June 2014

During our two day stay, we found this Hotel to have excellent service from all its staff, from the valet attendants to the housekeepers to the wait staff at the restaurant and lounge. The room were very spacious with attractive and warm decor, top quality linens and firm, comfortable beds. We also noticed that this hotel is a certified Virginia Green hotel, and has implemented a variety of initiatives that help reduce energy usage and conserve and recycle resources. They appear to be training their staff well about these efforts. There was a lot going on and different large groups, but all seemed to be organized well and enjoying their stays at the Hilton.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deueler
Dear Deueler;

Thanks for your great feedback after your stay with us regarding our "top notch service" as well our efforts with Va. Green and sustainability. We strive to do all we can to assist the environment; Composting, Recyling, Soap reuse (via Globalsoap.org), and much more, and so glad you noticed. We hope to see you back soon !

John Cario - GM.
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Front desk was very efficient and helpful when checking us in. We were passing through on our way home from my daughters basketball game in Pennsylvania. We absolutely loved the room, the area, and the comfortable bedding. We slept just as if we were at our own home. You do have to pay for parking, but the location makes it worth it. We were overall very happy with the accommodations and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Geonu12
Thank you for your recent visit and comments. Hoping your daughter did well in her basketball game. We'll share your notes with the team ! John - GM.
Santa Fe, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Accommodations were nice. Bed is supposed to be adjustable; but, still too hard even on lowest setting. Dinner buffet left a lot to be desired at a way to high cost. Had to ask numerous times for condiments to put on a burger and hot dog. salad bar had 3 items to top your salad along with a bug in the salad dressing.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Julie;

Thank you for your recent stay and tripadvisor post. I was disappointed to hear you had concerns with our Garden Sleep System bedding. Our GSS bedding have a comfort dial that you can set and it should have provided comfort, we will certainly check your room to ensure this is working properly. I noted as well you had some concerns in our restaurant, we will review this with our team. I have also sent you a personal email to discuss with you further. Thanks again for your visit and feedback, we hope to see you back soon.

John Cario - GM.
Houston
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I came here with a national convention the beta club and I experienced superior customer service from the moment we walked in to the moment that we left I ended up staying an extra day just because of the customer service because my child went by bus and wouldn't make it until the following day with his school. Everyone from the house keeping the managers front desk everyone was so nice and just went out of their way to help us to get us anything we needed I ended up burning myself on my own accord and they brought me a Band-Aids I got thirsty later during the night because of my burn I couldn't really move they brought me drinks they were just absolutely amazing the guys took us around the city wherever we needed to go and as soon as we called them to pick us up they came back to pick us up On time. I have traveled and I have been to some of the finest hotels in all of this world but nothing compares to the customer service that I received here. Almost unbelievable! PS please forgive my punctuation as I am talking to a microphone and not typing it myself all the way from Texas I would like to say thank you for being so hospitable to myself and my school we really appreciated it and it was a great experience for our children!

• Stayed June 2014
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Married2anAngel;

Thanks for your recent visit and stay with us here in Richmond at the historic Miller & Rhoads ~ HGI - Richmond. We appreciate your kind feedback on your stay and our team. We appreciate the BETA convention and visitors, and we are glad to hear you had a wonderful visit with us. We hope your travels back to Texas are safe, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Sincerely, John Cario - GM.
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We had a few problems which we took to management, and I'm not quite sure if they were resolved, since we never heard from the manager. During busy times, expect a long wait with valet parking. Rooms were very nice. Staff was always smiling, and very polite. Located conveniently across the street from the Convention Center.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
LWharton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for sharing about your time with us. I have emailed you privately to discuss your concerns. I am glad to see that you enjoyed the staff. We hope we have the opportunity to host you again should you return to the Richmond area. You can Count on Us!