“Wedding of my dreams!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Historic Mankin Mansion Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Richmond
Historic Mankin Mansion Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 15 Richmond B&B and Inns
Jessup, Maryland
“Wedding of my dreams!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2010

Wonderful location. Could not have picked a better venue. All of our family and friends felt pampered and comfortable in this elegant ambiance. Thank you so much for the gracious service provided.

The Hernandez Family

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Richmond, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2010

This beautiful mansion, the restored home of a brick-making mogul, is locatedwithin minutes of the Richmond, VA, international airport for easy access. I only gave it 4 stars out of 5 for location because you would definitely need a car to get to the site.
The room I had was the Carriage Room and is designated the honeymoon suite. As a single traveler I took advantage all it had to offer. Charmingly decorated with a kitchenette (sink, microwave, fridge) it certainly had all the amenities one could ask for.
A nice bottle of wine was provided as well.
The bed was very comfortable and TV with DVD and VCR player was also provided.
Breakfast was substantial and was served in the room at the appointed time.
Although I didn't take advantage of it, there was also a game room with books, videos and various game tables, board games, etc.
The grounds were lovely and I could definitely see it as the setting for a very elegant wedding ceremony and celebration.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Coconut Creek, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2010

We visited the Washington DC, Norfolk areas. When we travel, we enjoy staying at places with a history. We spent our final night at the HIstoric Mankin Mansion. If you want history, eloquence, charm, and a great breakfast, this is the perfect place. The room was very comfortable and breakfast is served in your room. The owners are very accommodating, ensuring that all your needs are met. There was nothing more we could have asked for. It is also conveniently located near the Richmond Airport, which made it ideal for our final night's stay. Would love to go back.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kjsweather
Suffolk UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2010

Attention to detail, generous hospitality - Martin and Paula were perfect hosts. We stayed in Richmond for two nights en route from Washington to North Carolina and were delighted to have found Mankin Mansion.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2010

My husband and I were married at the Historic Mankin Mansion in April 2007 and we absolutely loved it. They surpassed all of our expectations and made it beyond magical. I would recommend this perfect spot for your event or just for a weekend of relaxation in a neat place.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled with family
Warrenton, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2010

I went down to the Historic Mankin Mansion for a two day seminar..Martin and his family are some of the nicest people in the hospitality industry I have ever known! Rooms were beautiful and everything was well maintained - and that breakfast was great!!! For our seminar everything was on time and the room was setup perfect. I also took a tour of where they conduct weddings and I was pleasantly surprised at how "vendor friendly" and "beautiful" that area was...Amazing - that sums it up!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Bergen County New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2010

1/04/2010

This past November I had the occasion to stay at Mankin Mansion in Richmond VA.

I assumed it would be a nice place to spend a few days but it turned out to be a fabulous stay. Not to mention very affordable too!

We felt as though we were on a beautiful plantation living back in the days of old Virginia and being treated like Royalty by the gracious hosts and staff.

The mansion has so much charm and the inn keepers and staff are so accommodating and friendly. Upon finding out that the proprietors where only operating the mansion for a few years, I was amazed to see that NOTHING was overlooked or an after thought.

The place is inundated with charm and the breakfast; every morning spoiled me to ever be able to enjoy breakfast anywhere else again. Mmm, I can taste it as I am writing!

Though I stayed there just by chance this time, I am so looking forward to another stay, this time with my family, The Mankin Mansion is an experience to be shared with those you love.

We are so looking forward to a return visit this spring!

Loved it.