“Perfect, Flawless, No Stress Wedding! So Fun!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Richmond
Historic Mankin Mansion Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 13 Richmond B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 October 2010

My husband and I (and 200 of our closest family and friends) spend our Amazing wedding weekend at the HMM. Our wedding was schedulded to a tee, no stress, and flawless. I did not have to worry or think about a thing, we just relaxed and had a great time. We had our rehearsal, dinner, wedding, and reception all on location. This made it so easy for our large number of out of town guests! The "wedding night room" / "bridal get ready room" is was big enough for my 9 bridesmaids and I to get ready in, but intimate enough to spend my wedding night in, the bed is super comfy, and the bathroom is really nice as well! The other rooms on site are all well appointed and very comfortable! I would highly recommend HMM to any future couples (or those who want a weekend getaway)!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amanda B
There are newer reviews for Historic Mankin Mansion Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 24 September 2010

We actually had our wedding at the Mankin Mansion (which was great) and stayed the night after the wedding reception. We stayed in the Carriage House (honeymoon suite). The room was antique and classic. My wife and I both agreed that the bed and bedding were the best we had ever slept on. The shower was nice and spacious.

The next morning we were delivered a delicious breakfast with french toast with raspberries on top bacon and eggs, served with coffee and a fruit juice.

Our stay at the Mankin Mansion was great!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Wonderful location. Could not have picked a better venue. All of our family and friends felt pampered and comfortable in this elegant ambiance. Thank you so much for the gracious service provided.

The Hernandez Family

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2010

This beautiful mansion, the restored home of a brick-making mogul, is locatedwithin minutes of the Richmond, VA, international airport for easy access. I only gave it 4 stars out of 5 for location because you would definitely need a car to get to the site.
The room I had was the Carriage Room and is designated the honeymoon suite. As a single traveler I took advantage all it had to offer. Charmingly decorated with a kitchenette (sink, microwave, fridge) it certainly had all the amenities one could ask for.
A nice bottle of wine was provided as well.
The bed was very comfortable and TV with DVD and VCR player was also provided.
Breakfast was substantial and was served in the room at the appointed time.
Although I didn't take advantage of it, there was also a game room with books, videos and various game tables, board games, etc.
The grounds were lovely and I could definitely see it as the setting for a very elegant wedding ceremony and celebration.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2010

We visited the Washington DC, Norfolk areas. When we travel, we enjoy staying at places with a history. We spent our final night at the HIstoric Mankin Mansion. If you want history, eloquence, charm, and a great breakfast, this is the perfect place. The room was very comfortable and breakfast is served in your room. The owners are very accommodating, ensuring that all your needs are met. There was nothing more we could have asked for. It is also conveniently located near the Richmond Airport, which made it ideal for our final night's stay. Would love to go back.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kjsweather
Reviewed 25 June 2010

Attention to detail, generous hospitality - Martin and Paula were perfect hosts. We stayed in Richmond for two nights en route from Washington to North Carolina and were delighted to have found Mankin Mansion.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 January 2010

My husband and I were married at the Historic Mankin Mansion in April 2007 and we absolutely loved it. They surpassed all of our expectations and made it beyond magical. I would recommend this perfect spot for your event or just for a weekend of relaxation in a neat place.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family