“Just like Being Home”

Ranked #31 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
“Just like Being Home”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Great Rooms Great Service,,,Great Employes and Close to Airport ,,,And it Feels like you never left Home,,, And there Driver will Drive you to the shopping Malls for Free,, I Would Come back again. They Have a Free Coffee, And a little store from frozen foods to ice cream ,,,, To out propane Grills for your Steaks and Hamburgers and Hot Dogs

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Scottk459
jbrown804, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this review, 27 April 2013
Dear Scottk459

Thank you for your exelent review of our property. We love to hear when our guests take advantage of our many facilities and services from our complimentary shuttle, to our provided gas grills on our outdoor covered patio. Our mission is to provide our guests with every chance to mingle and make friends while leaving as much freedom to come and go and stay at ease. We look forward to having you reside with us again in the near future and until that day comes we all here at Candlewood Richmond Airport wish you well!

James K. Brown-Hare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Santa Fe, Texas
Reviewed 11 April 2013

My family and I stayed at the Candlewood for two nights in March. When we pulled up to the hotel I was kinda worried because of the neighborhood that it was in. Not a bad neighborhood, just industrial and not what I am used to. I am HAPPY to say that despite the location, the hotel was AMAZING! I loved that there were 2 TVs so our kids could enjoy watching their shows, while we watched ours as well. The bathroom was very large and the shower was great. The bed in the bedroom was super comfortable and my fiance and I slept great on it. The kids loved that they got to have a "separate" room from us and really liked sleeping on the couch bed. The FREE washer and dryers were such a great touch. I have never been to a hotel that allows you to use the washer and dryers for free.
The staff was great and very friendly. I would definitely stay at this hotel again, and from now on I will be looking to stay in more Candlewood Suites when I travel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear Pink_footballs,

I always love when I hear that guests enjoy our King Suite Rooms. It is true that the two seperate rooms with seperate TV's make it easy to intertain travel weary children while keeping your peace of mind and quiet comfort to yourself. I do understand your apprehension when it comes to the location, it is true we are off the beaten path. The secluded area our hotel resides in provides an excape from the hustle and bustle of normal airport and area traffic and noise. I am not sure if you had noticed during your stay but we are strategically just barely outside of the direction of airplane take off and landings, so the jet noise is almost always non existant. Something the other hotels in the close proximity do not have the luxury of. I will promise you the amenities you enjoyed during your stay such as the large and accomodating bathrooms and bedrooms, as well as the complimentary laundry facility will always be here waiting for you when you make your return visit. Next time you are visiting feel free to ask our employee's about the many local attractions in the area. I promise you we will not dissapoint. As always we wish you well and look forward to seeing you again.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 April 2013

This is one of the best places Ive stayed in a long time. The friendliness of the staff along with how clean and comfortable the suites were. Ithis was actually my first time staying here March 2013 and I will looking for Candlewood suites first in upcoming travels. The rate itself was also. great. The Font dest associate was the best customer service I have had in a long time. Im serious, My check in was fast and I was on my way to my suite to enjoy a well rested sleep after a seven hour drive...

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear IThomas,

Thank you for your kind words and admiration in your review of our property and front desk team. We have been tirelessly working towards ever making customer service the one thing out of many that will leave a lasting impression on our guests; and once again it seems that we have suceeded in our goal. The hardest thing in the hotel buisness is finding something to impress everyone who walks through your doors; and I promise you that our drive for heartfelt customer service and expediant procedures will forever be unwavering in the attempt to improve. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future, and until then we wish you good luck and safe travels.

James K Brown-Hare

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 29 March 2013

This place ROCKS!!! After a long flight from California, I was ready to "see the inside of my peepers!" and get some rest! This hotel is 5 minutes from Richmond Airport and very easy to get to. I arrived very early in the morning to a front desk associate who did everything as fast as he could so I could finally get some much needed rest.

The hotel room was very clean. When I got on the bed, it was like laying on a marshmallow, and the pillows were just as comfortable, with soft sheets and a warm blanket, I was set for a good night's sleep!

The room was very cozy, the temperature very comfortable, and the towels were fabulously soft!!! The kitchen was fully equipped with all the basic culinary necessities. Internet access was very easy to acquire, as well.

I recommend this hotel for any tired traveler after a long day's flight!

Next time I'm in the area, I shall definitely stay at the Candlewood Suites!

This place is AWESOME!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear Marilyn S,

Words cannot express the respect and gratitute I have towards guests such as yourself. Its one thing to give a great review to our property, however it is truly a statement to your character and the review of our property when such a detailed description is submitted. As you can see from our many reviews our customer service, clenliness and comfortability is our main priority when it comes to our guests. I am glad to hear our front desk team is working their hardest to be as efficent as possible, and I will make sure that our executive housekeeper and her crew hears that their hard work is still being appreciated. I will personally promise you that all of the amenities and aspects you fell in love with during your stay will always be here waiting for the next time you come visit us. Thank you, we all wish you fun and safety on your journies and as always "Consider Us Home" at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport!

Waynesboro, Virginia
Reviewed 3 March 2013

This is the very best place to stay before or after a trip that requires a flight. The first time for me was in June of 2010 and I have since stayed here a total of 5 times (the most recent being June of 2012). I can't even imagine staying anywhere else. The rate is phenomenal, they don't charge extra to keep your car on property while you travel, they will pick you up or drop you off at the airport at any time of day; the rooms have a stove top, microwave, full-size fridge and I've always had a friendly experience. It's true that they don't have a pool but the exercise room and laundry facilities are a nice bonus. If you exit the hotel and go to the right, a few miles up the road there is an outdoor mall with grocery store, restaurants, and shops for browsing. The diner "Steak and Shake" has a "shake happy hour" that is nice if you are travelling with a child as I often am. Also, this may seem like a small thing but is just so refreshing it's worth mentioning...my daughter and I are always remembered by the staff we have encountered in the past. It's amazing to me that after two years we would still be recognized and remembered as I'm sure they see a lot of people. The only warning I could possibly give is that some of the people staying at this hotel are here for an extended period of time so they treat the property in a very home-like manner. They might be outside at the BBQ enjoying an adult beverage and cooking dinner. One of my visits required a late trip out to the car and people looked like their beverages were starting to add up. As a single woman walking by a group of intoxicated men it was mildly uncomfortable but this was only once in all of my visits and will not deter me from staying here again. In fact, we have another trip being planned now and I will choose this hotel once again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
jbrown804, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
Dear MGremlin,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your continued admiration and loyalty to our facility and team. Believe it or not we have become increasingly spot on with remembering and welcoming many of our returning guests, however we do treat everyone specifically and individually. As always we appreciate and adore your mention of our many accomidations helping you to feel more at home. I do apologise but it looks like we will not be able to put in a pool; but the next time you are in the area, we do have passes to the local YMCA to use their pool free of charge. We do apologise about the mild uncomfortability you felt on one of your stays in regards to the guests enjoying their beverages outside in the patio area. We do always try to extend to our guests all of the comforts of home, however at no point will we ever tolerate or excuse the uncomfortability or put in jepoardy the safety and wellbeing of our guests. As always we will welcome you back as if you had never left, and hope that your time inbetween your stays are safe and joyfull.

Pratt
Reviewed 2 March 2013

I fortunately had this location come up on Hotwire. We were visiting relatives while in the area and this turned out to be a great location and a great place to stay.

Check-In was fast and the young man was very knowledgeable about the area.

The room was clean and the the bed was very comfortable. We loved the fact that we could do laundry (much needed after being on the road for over a week).

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brittll
Dear Brittll,

We are happy to hear that you were lucky enough to have our property on the list with Hotwire's hotel selections. We here pride ourselves our or knowledgeability of the area and attractions, comfortability of our amenities, and cleanliness of our facility; and are very gracious to hear from our guests that we were able to take care of everything you needed. We hope to have you back in town and staying with us again in the near future. We wish you well, and always remember to Consider Us Home at Candlewood Richmond Airport!

RobynB1201
Reviewed 1 March 2013

As a very frequent traveler, I have always been a committed Holiday Inn customer. This time, I decided to try one of their Candlewood properties, and I'm glad I did--if this location is any indication of their standards overall, I may be staying Candlewood from now on! My room was clean, spacious, apartment-like, and quiet. Towels were of decent quality and there were plenty of them. I'm a big TV watcher at night, so I appreciated the flat screen and the DirecTV satellite. The parking lot was adequately lit with convenient parking out front, which is important to a woman who travels alone. This property was very convenient to the Richmond Airport, another plus. MELISSA (night auditor) understands customer service; while waiting for my receipt to print, she suggested a cup of coffee while she discussed various property locations, the best ways to make reservations, and generally projected a genuine attitude of caring. (She even offered to walk me to my car, which wasn't necessary because I felt perfectly safe, but it was a generous offer.) Overall a great stay, and I will definitely stay at Candewood again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank RobynB1201
Dear RobynB1201,

We are more than happy to hear that your first experience with a Candlewood made such an impact on you! We are different from our full-service sister properties within the IHG family, however it seems we were exactly what you were looking for. The clenliness of our property is always something we hold paramount in our expectations as well as our drive to meet and exceed all of our guests service needs. Thank you for your mention of our DirecTV service that we have at the hotel. With a large portion of our buisness being extended stay guests, we found that a very robust selection of channel choices benifit our guests stay tremendously. As for our guest relations, if you read into a handful of our reviews you will see that Melissa is a very wonderful addition we were glad to have join the ranks of our guest service representatives, and is noted for her wonderful service time and time again. We hope we can have you come stay with us again soon, and until then we here at Candlewood Richmond Airport wish you a safe and wonderful trip!

James K. Brown-Hare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Candlewood Suites Richmond - West Broad
BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Candlewood Suites Richmond-South
Hyatt Place Richmond Airport

Been to Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!