“Great Hotel”

Hyatt Place Richmond Airport
Ranked #28 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 15 July 2011

The Hyatt rooms are very roomy, clean, and comfotable. And the price, compared to comparable hotels in the area, was great, the best rate around! The staff was very friendly and always helpful, from the front desk staff to the service personnel. The complimentary breakfast was suffcient for my Grandsons and me. Although there is no
restaurant on site, there is a menu to choose a variety of snacks, sandwiches, and desserts that the staff will make for you 24/7, all made to order. We were able to get just baked chocolate chip cookies for a late night snack! The only issue that we encountered was that the pool was shut down for 2 days during our stay for cleaning. I know it was not something the hotel had any control over as the water quality had to be acceptable. But the kids were very disappointed on those days when they were unable to swim. That's the only reason I gave a 4 star rating. When the pool was open, it was a very nice pool and pool area with chairs and towels and a warm shower to wash off. All in all a great place to stay and I would stay again if I ever return to Richmond.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 July 2011

Stayed 1 night on our way to Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Location is perfect, with shops and lots of restaurant choices, and just a stones throw from I-64. Room was great, quiet, and very clean. Downside was asking front desk for an extra blanket (you would think pretty simple request!). After calling and being told sure thing we will be right up, we went to them after 20 minutes and no one showed up. Making our way to the front desk we were politely told someone is looking for a blanket and they will be up in just a few minutes. It's 630am the next morning now - still no blanket, no call apologizing, no nothing! Surprising for such a nice Hyatt Place!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Large and very comfortable. Excellent use of space and decorations. Easily accommodated business and social activities.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2011

We were so impressed with this hotel because of its location and easy access to the airport and major highways. We stayed the night during the July 4th weekend and I was so happy with my choice. We were able to look out the window and see the shopping center with many nice and affordable stores to shop in, which were within walking distance. There was also a large selection of restaurants which were also walking distance from the hotel. The room was very large and far exceeded what we expected. We had a large guest suite which included a 42 inch flat screen plasma television and included a pull out sofa bed, and a sleeping area which included two queen size beds. The room was a nice size, very clean and also included a wet bar, coffee maker and a refrigerator. The beds were extremely comfortable. There is an indoor pool, which my grandchildren had a great time swimming in. There is a free continental breakfast and free Wi Fi internet access in your room if you have a laptop, I-Pad or similar devices. There was also free internet access in the lobby. Check in and check out was a breeze and the staff were very accommodating and friendly.

I felt that the price was excellent and know for a fact that I would definitely stay at this hotel again while visiting the Richmond, Virginia area. I am a timeshare owner who is use to staying in more than just a basic room, so I was impressed with the size of the suite we stayed in. I was so happy that I based my decision to stay at this hotel by reading the many positive reviews on Trip Advisor.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
JMikeBerry, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2011

Wow, thank you for the glowing review on TripAdvisor!! Your comments will assist many future travelers to the Richmond area. Thank you for taking the time to make such a detailed account of your stay with us. If I can ever be assistance to you, please do not hesitate contact me. We look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 June 2011

We loved staying at the Hyatt Place. We had a very nice greeting and tour when we arrived. The rooms were very large and roomy - and clean. the continental breakfast was great. Loved it!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

We are so ecstatic that you had a "Great Experience!" during your stay with us the Hyatt Place Richmond Airport. We are very proud of what we have to offer to our Guest, location, service, and product. If we can assist you with your future stay with us, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 13 June 2011

The rooms are large and the staff is friendly & helpful.

• Stayed: June 2011
JMikeBerry, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2011

Thank you for the nice review, please do not hesitate to give me a call to assist you in your future reservations at the Hyatt Place Richmond Airport.

Reviewed 10 June 2011

Had a restful stay before next day flight after a week of hectic activity. It was very hot and as soon as got settled in we got into the great indoor pool. It was heaven. The pool area was clean with great fluffy towels in abundance. Sat in the patio to dry off and enjoy our last day of vacation reading without any distractions.
At dinner time we were happy to find a great resturant right across the parking lot. No need to get back in the car.
The staff were friendly and helpful. The next morning we went down and had a very well appointed complimentary breakfast. Checkout was seemless.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
JMikeBerry, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2011

We are excited you had a "Great Stay" with us!! And pleased you took the time to fill out a TripAdvisor survey. Thanks for mentioning the in door pool, friendly staff, and our prime location to a number of restaurants within walking distance. Our team looks forward to your next visit to Richmond, VA.

Mike Berry

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport
Homewood Suites Richmond Airport
Courtyard Richmond Airport

Been to Hyatt Place Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!