“Amazing rooms, great price!”

Hyatt Place Richmond Airport
Ranked #28 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We had to come down to VA for a family emergency for the weekend. The Hyatt Place had great rooms for traveling with kids (3 & 7) - the separate living room area really makes you feel like you have a lot of space and it was perfect for us as my husband spent most of our stay at the hospital with his ill father. My only complaint was that the pool is small and pool towels were not always readily available. Excellent value for the money, I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
JMikeBerry, Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! We appreciate the feedback and will share it with our staff.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Richmond Airport

Reviewed 31 March 2012

Very friendly and clean. Easy in and out. They only made the bed and emptied the trash. Had to ask for clean towels that never came. We stayed 4 nights, and they made the bed up twice. Still a nice place to stay, just very short on staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Thanks for your feedback. We will be sure to share your experience with our housekeeping staff so we can prevent future problems.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

My family and I (me, two boys 11 & 13) traveled to the Hyatt Place Richmond Airport as the last stop of a 10-day trip to the East Coast. I am a Hyatt Gold Club member and I selected this property as a result of my previous Hyatt experiences as well as the amenities offered by Hyatt Place and the location to our morning destination.

Location and Parking: The property is located literally right off the exit of I-64 and you access it through the entrance of a shopping complex. Very convenient, with a clearly marked driveway and ample, free parking.

Check-In: I marked the score down for our check-in experience. I have stayed at Hyatt locations before, but never a Hyatt Place. When we walked in, there was no presence at the front desk and because the check in counter is attached to a food bar/the grab-n-go case, I didn't realize at first this is where we were to check in. We walked around for minutes both in the lobby area and around the hotel looking for someone to even ask, to no avail. Finally, a woman appeared behind the desk. It would have been nice to identify the desk area with a sign or to have some mechanism for summoning staff to check in if they aren't going to be at the desk. Once she arrived, she handled our check-in competently and asked my preference for floor and room type. She was a bit aloof, but not to the point where I would lower the rating for it. After a long day's trip, the check-in procedure should have been easier for us.

Room: They had carts available for baggage. The elevators were in my opinion slow. Our room was on one of the upper levels and was spacious and clean. I booked it off the Hyatt web site and the rate we paid was less for comparable space we had at other hotels on our trip. Everything in our room was in working condition, clean, and it was pleasant to have room to spread out. Even with all our baggage in the room, it was not crowded.

I didn't mark down for it because they can't change it, but it would be nice if the bathroom sink area was inside the bathroom and not outside near the beds. My kids go to sleep earlier than I do and they had to listen to me at the bathroom sink after already in bed. But otherwise, our night was excellent. Air conditioner and mechanicals not loud, plenty of hot water, clean and comfortable.

Pool/Workout: normally I use the workout facilities and my kids use the pool, but this night I also used the pool area. I did check out the workout facilities and they were equipped with a hand weight set and tread/elliptical machines as would be expected at comparable properties. It seemed well-maintained.

I lowered the rating for our pool area experience as well. We went to the pool later in the evening, closer to the time of closing, and there were just enough towels to accommodate us. Had anyone else come to use the facility, there would have been no resources available. The pool was adequate, but not what I would consider to be meticulously clean. I swam for a short time and then got out, although it didn't bother my kids. It wasn't the worst pool area we experienced on our trip, but it wasn't the best, either.

Complimentary Breakfast/Guest Kitchen: I have no idea why Hyatt always seems to nickel and dime its guests by charging for what I consider to be routine things (internet, breakfast). Hyatt itself should reconsider offering hot items for their breakfast at Hyatt Place, since I can get a comparable room experience at similar pricing and get hot breakfast included. However, their complimentary breakfast had enough items on it to rate adequately. Choice of cereals, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, coffee and other items. I ordered a cinnamon roll from Grab and Go which my kids enjoyed and I ordered eggs and bacon from the guest kitchen which was prepared quickly and satisfactorily even though at cost. I would have score them higher had breakfast been included, a virtual must for family travel, but even so it was very satisfactory, since I knew ahead of time what would be provided and what wouldn't.

Check-Out: I asked for an updated receipt upon check out and it was immediately provided. Everything went smoothly.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

We really appreciate your feedback and comments! I will be sure to share your experience with our staff!

Reviewed 9 March 2012

Called because I threw my back out the week before and lets just say, bathtubs would be an issue. Jessica was quick to answer the phone, quick to act and when I got there the rest of the staff was just as good. Not far from downtown, a little bit of a drive from VCU but on and off the highway in an instant. There is a new strip mall area there, I had my throwback Steak n shake breakfast on a bun and it was awesome! There are stores and a supermarket not very far. The chain has been consistent in it's service. We didn't get to the pool but it is indoor.

Room Tip: Try to get a room as you get out of the elevators to the right of the hallway. Facing the mall, the...
1  Thank ewill78358

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! We are delighted to know you enjoyed the visit!

Reviewed 8 March 2012

I have stayed at this location about 3 times. It's within 3 miles of RIC airport, close to I-64 and has several food choices within walking distance.

LOVE the big screen tvs at H.P.. And I'm really glad to enjoy the upgraded showers with glass door and updated tile.

This is my go-to hotel for yearly business trips to Richmond.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

The entire staff loves hearing what our guests have to say! Feedback like this helps us learn where to improve and what we're doing well.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

This is one of the top 3 Hyatt Place's I've stayed at. It's not a remodel so it's a little bigger with great showers. Large fitness center with a pool. Perfect location off the freeway plus you're in the parking lot with restaurants and plenty of shopping (Target, JC Penney, Office Max, etc.)

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2012

If you have stayed at other Hyatt Place hotels, you will be comforted to know that this Richmond Airport location represents the brand name well. The accommodations are new, modern, and classy but still feel very cozy for those nights away from home. I was impressed with the service at my check-in at almost 1am after a long evening of travels up from Florida and appreciated that the room was extremely clean and very comfortable for my short night's stay.

The room was super spacious, as was the huge walk-in shower in the bathroom. Probably my only negative about the room (which is a very minor one) is that the walk-in shower doesn't have a full door or curtain so it was difficult to get a full, steamy shower in the morning since the air could escape easily around the partial glass enclosure. Aside from that though, the shower was heavenly-- very nice rain shower head that actually had good water pressure and lots of hot water!

The room was equipped with a fridge, coffee maker, hair dryer, and all of the typical free toiletries-- plus a free mini-tube of Aquafresh (a nice treat that Hyatt Place hotels is known for, and one I appreciate so that I don't have to bring my own larger tube of toothpaste on the trip).

The bed was wooonderful (really comfy) and the pillows offered a nice variety of densities to meet a lot of different sleeping preferences. I like a soft feather pillow and was happy that they had one right there to accommodate me!

Free wi-fi access worked great, which is always a huge plus in my book!!!

The free shuttle from the airport is super helpful if you don't have a car and, for those with rentals (like me), parking on the property is free! The drive from the airport was a piece of cake-- the hotel is just a few short miles from the airport but far enough away that airplane noise is not an issue at all. I heard nothing and slept like a baby!

A continental breakfast is included for free and the biscuits and hot gravy were a nice treat on that cold winter morning last week. There are lots of cereals, fruits, bagels, and such too.

I have posted a few pictures of my room and will just end this review by saying that I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on my last business trip to that area and, while it was very nice as well, I would definitely stay at the Hyatt Place again on my next trip. This hotel just felt much homier, even with as new and modern as it was (oh, and it was a great RATE under $100 out the door!). That said, you can't go wrong with either stay. :-) Enjoy your trip to Richmond!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank debbiesdreamtrips
JMikeBerry, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete such a detailed TripAdvisor review. I am sure it will be beneficial for our future guest. And thank you for mentioning our many features such as spacious rooms, Hyatt Grand Bed, 42 inch flat screen TV's, and our shuttle service. We look forward to your next visit to Richmond, VA!

Mike Berry

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport
Homewood Suites Richmond Airport
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Courtyard Richmond Airport

Been to Hyatt Place Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!