“Great room, great price, friendly staff.”

Hyatt Place Richmond Airport
Ranked #28 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I was very pleased to find such a nice room in a very convenient location. Near all kinds of shopping and restaurants. The rooms were alot largervthan I was expecting and the amenities were good. Indoor pool and fitness center was a pleasant bonus. Highly recommended place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Richmond Airport

Reviewed 8 April 2012

I absolutely love this place my stay was great and the guy at the front check out was so sweet and helpful. The hotel is also close to restaurants and you can walk to the shops.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We've stayed at several Hyatt Place properties and have been very pleased overall. This property near the Richmond airport did not disappoint. Very comfortable beds, pull out couch, lots of space for our family, large flat screen TV, wi-fi. The room was very clean and the staff members were pleasant. Check in/out was very smooth. Located close to I-295/64.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

We had to come down to VA for a family emergency for the weekend. The Hyatt Place had great rooms for traveling with kids (3 & 7) - the separate living room area really makes you feel like you have a lot of space and it was perfect for us as my husband spent most of our stay at the hospital with his ill father. My only complaint was that the pool is small and pool towels were not always readily available. Excellent value for the money, I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
JMikeBerry, Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! We appreciate the feedback and will share it with our staff.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

Very friendly and clean. Easy in and out. They only made the bed and emptied the trash. Had to ask for clean towels that never came. We stayed 4 nights, and they made the bed up twice. Still a nice place to stay, just very short on staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Thanks for your feedback. We will be sure to share your experience with our housekeeping staff so we can prevent future problems.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

My family and I (me, two boys 11 & 13) traveled to the Hyatt Place Richmond Airport as the last stop of a 10-day trip to the East Coast. I am a Hyatt Gold Club member and I selected this property as a result of my previous Hyatt experiences as well as the amenities offered by Hyatt Place and the location to our morning destination.

Location and Parking: The property is located literally right off the exit of I-64 and you access it through the entrance of a shopping complex. Very convenient, with a clearly marked driveway and ample, free parking.

Check-In: I marked the score down for our check-in experience. I have stayed at Hyatt locations before, but never a Hyatt Place. When we walked in, there was no presence at the front desk and because the check in counter is attached to a food bar/the grab-n-go case, I didn't realize at first this is where we were to check in. We walked around for minutes both in the lobby area and around the hotel looking for someone to even ask, to no avail. Finally, a woman appeared behind the desk. It would have been nice to identify the desk area with a sign or to have some mechanism for summoning staff to check in if they aren't going to be at the desk. Once she arrived, she handled our check-in competently and asked my preference for floor and room type. She was a bit aloof, but not to the point where I would lower the rating for it. After a long day's trip, the check-in procedure should have been easier for us.

Room: They had carts available for baggage. The elevators were in my opinion slow. Our room was on one of the upper levels and was spacious and clean. I booked it off the Hyatt web site and the rate we paid was less for comparable space we had at other hotels on our trip. Everything in our room was in working condition, clean, and it was pleasant to have room to spread out. Even with all our baggage in the room, it was not crowded.

I didn't mark down for it because they can't change it, but it would be nice if the bathroom sink area was inside the bathroom and not outside near the beds. My kids go to sleep earlier than I do and they had to listen to me at the bathroom sink after already in bed. But otherwise, our night was excellent. Air conditioner and mechanicals not loud, plenty of hot water, clean and comfortable.

Pool/Workout: normally I use the workout facilities and my kids use the pool, but this night I also used the pool area. I did check out the workout facilities and they were equipped with a hand weight set and tread/elliptical machines as would be expected at comparable properties. It seemed well-maintained.

I lowered the rating for our pool area experience as well. We went to the pool later in the evening, closer to the time of closing, and there were just enough towels to accommodate us. Had anyone else come to use the facility, there would have been no resources available. The pool was adequate, but not what I would consider to be meticulously clean. I swam for a short time and then got out, although it didn't bother my kids. It wasn't the worst pool area we experienced on our trip, but it wasn't the best, either.

Complimentary Breakfast/Guest Kitchen: I have no idea why Hyatt always seems to nickel and dime its guests by charging for what I consider to be routine things (internet, breakfast). Hyatt itself should reconsider offering hot items for their breakfast at Hyatt Place, since I can get a comparable room experience at similar pricing and get hot breakfast included. However, their complimentary breakfast had enough items on it to rate adequately. Choice of cereals, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, coffee and other items. I ordered a cinnamon roll from Grab and Go which my kids enjoyed and I ordered eggs and bacon from the guest kitchen which was prepared quickly and satisfactorily even though at cost. I would have score them higher had breakfast been included, a virtual must for family travel, but even so it was very satisfactory, since I knew ahead of time what would be provided and what wouldn't.

Check-Out: I asked for an updated receipt upon check out and it was immediately provided. Everything went smoothly.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

We really appreciate your feedback and comments! I will be sure to share your experience with our staff!

Reviewed 9 March 2012

Called because I threw my back out the week before and lets just say, bathtubs would be an issue. Jessica was quick to answer the phone, quick to act and when I got there the rest of the staff was just as good. Not far from downtown, a little bit of a drive from VCU but on and off the highway in an instant. There is a new strip mall area there, I had my throwback Steak n shake breakfast on a bun and it was awesome! There are stores and a supermarket not very far. The chain has been consistent in it's service. We didn't get to the pool but it is indoor.

Room Tip: Try to get a room as you get out of the elevators to the right of the hallway. Facing the mall, the...
1  Thank ewill78358

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! We are delighted to know you enjoyed the visit!

Chief Engineer

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport
Homewood Suites Richmond Airport
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Courtyard Richmond Airport

Been to Hyatt Place Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!