“Great place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Salem, Oregon
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

I enjoyed my stay here very much. Stayed one night prior to flying out early the next morning. They had a great airport shuttle which made it convenient. The hotel was clean and nice and very comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sunny A, Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Hi Carla,

Thank you for taking the time to providing us feedback about your stay at our Hotel. We appreciate your business and hope to see you in the future.

Sincerely

Director of Operaions

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

My stay would have been nicer if there hadn't been a rave party down the hall, place smelled like a night club the next morning, police had to come and kick them out, crazy. Insult to injury, they retained a $50 dollor deposit off my debit card and never told me about it, had to wait 5 days for it to get returned, then I saw a $34.00 charge on my card I have no idea what it was for, still waiting to hear back and my stay was back at the end of March (it's now May). At times, nobody was at the front desk during the day. To be fair, I did hear from a manager that they have added staff since my stay, I hope that helps with the problems I had.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SouthernPeaches
Hello Guest,

First of all please accept my apologies regarding your experience at our Hotel. We recently acquired this property on June 19th, 2013. The property is under new Ownership & Management and I would like to assure you that things are completely different now.

Please keep us in mind the next time you are in the area as we would love for you to stay with us again & show you what improvements we have made.

Director Operations
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

Decent place to stay for business in the area or for an overnight. Good thing about Hyatt Place's are that for the most part they are pretty good, have big rooms, strong customer service and good breakfast service. This Hyatt Place was no exception. Met my needs for a quick trip to Richmond. Big positive is that it is near multiple shopping destinations as well as restaurant chains making it a good place to stop if driving on I95 with a family. Rooms were good sized with ample room. bathrooms were on the small side. My only complaint about the Hyatt Place in general. Breakfast was very good including Starbucks coffee.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Hello Guest,

Thank you for providing us feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We appreciate your business very much & looking forward to seeing you in the future.

Director of Operations.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

Newer property with nice spacious rooms. The mattress was a little lumpy but still comfortable. Housekeeping could be better. I woke up every morning around 9 am to find a note from the maid saying my room will not be cleaned unless I called due to the DND sign being up. I can see if it was the afternoon but this is a bit ridiculous in the morning. Maid never left soap or shampoo. Some of the other guest seemed a little strange but I never felt threatened. Free breakfast has many options. Located adjacent to strip mall and I-64.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank R S
Hello Guest,

Please accept my apologies regarding your experience at our Hotel. We recently acquired this hotel in June 2013 & have made improvements in all departments.

Please keep us in mind next time you are travelling to our area.

Director of Operations
Crimora, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

The Hyatt was beyond our expectations! Beautiful and very clean facility! Huge rooms and the staff were very accommodating! Can't say enough good things about this hotel!!! It is located right in the heart of the shopping center with lots of food choices nearby as well!

Room Tip: King size rooms only come with showers, the queen rooms have double queens and a pullout sofa with a...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Brandy D
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

The Room: I love the layout of the room. There’s a small divider that separates the bedroom from the entertainment area. The TV is both shared between both rooms and sports a 36” flat screen HD TV. There is also a media cluster on the right-side of the TV. The cluster supports USB, HDMI, 15-pin computer monitor connectors. You can hook up your video gaming machine, laptop or portable DVD player to view on the TV. Behind the TV, on the left side, is the office desk. Directly behind the office desk is a small counter with a college refrigerator but no microwave. I like the sectional-type couch and it even has leather covered ottoman. The bed was pretty comfy and has two floating shelves to place your things. The room, overall, has a nice modern feel. Even though the carpet was a bit worn it still looked pretty decent. The sink is outside of the room that has the shower/toilet combo. I like the design of the shower and it is large enough so that your shoulders won’t touch the sides. The glass partition has a smaller one that swivels and gives space to get into the shower. The only downside is that it doesn’t block 100% of the water, which ended up causing a small puddle to form outside of the shower itself.

The Lobby: The lobby was laid out very nicely; seems like the entire interior of the hotel has a nice modern look/feel to it. It has welcome ‘pods’ and not a front desk to check in. Checking in was very efficient and the two young gentlemen were very polite. Behind them is the business office, which held two computers. The office isn’t an actual room but lined in a cove so there’s no privacy to people walking behind you. To the left is the kitchen, it also had a modern layout.
The Area: The hotel is located in huge shopping area and is situated to the left of a major shopping center. Longhorn Steakhouse was just a one minute walk out the front door of the hotel! What else is in the shopping plaza you may ask? Red Lobster, McDonald’s, Dots Fashions, T-Moble, Panera Bread, Michaels, Starbucks, Target, Cracker Barrel, OfficeMax, JCPenney, Sam’s Club, Lowe’s Home Improvement and that’s just in the plaza! Across the street is a Subway, Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill, Teppanyaki Grill and a CiCi’s Pizza. There’s more but you get my drift, if you forget anything at home you can drive a short 2 minute drive to any of these businesses. The hotel is to the far left hand side of the shopping center a bit off by itself but great to have so many places to go so close.

Breakfast Kitchen: I left before they opened so I didn’t eat anything but it looked like the regular hotel hot/cold breakfast items when I glanced that way.

Finding - The hotel was very easy to find and wasn't hidden off the beaten path. I used my cell phone and Google Maps, which took me directly to the front door and also had a photo of the front of the hotel when I arrived. It is extremely close to the airport; 2 miles and I was at the Rental Car Return.

Cons: I can’t really find anything majorly wrong. Carpet was a little beat down in the hall and room but with no padding and lots of guests what do you expect? I did see a small hair near the underside of the sink. Shower doesn’t hold 100% water inside due to modern design. No microwave.

Final Thought: I’d stay in this hotel again in the future without any qualms. The staff is very helpful and nice; the hotel is in great shape and is updated in a modern feel. Rooms are great and the hotel is very close to many, many different types of stores keeping you from having to drive all over the place to purchase things.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

I was there a week with business. The employee's all had attitude the entire time i was there. I asked about more coffee in the morning because both containers were out and i got an eye roll and said in a minute. The next night we asked to get beer at their bar and was told they were out and they were also out of coffee. What kind of hotel runs out of coffee?? I was going to ask to speak to the manager and recieved another eye roll and a "i guess i will go find her". Seriously i would never stay here again. Everyone but the manager and the cleaning crew were rude. Oh and they had 2 elevators but only one worked until friday. They were fixed in time for the weekend but during the week. You had to wait 5 minutes for the thing. Unbelievable.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank tntleake
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport
Homewood Suites Richmond Airport

Been to Hyatt Place Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!