“A Great Stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Washington, DC
“A Great Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

My husband and I had a great time perfect quick get away. The room was clean and very comfortable the staff was accomodating if you needed anything. Small gym and a heated pool perfect for a winter getaway. The breakfast was good fresh fruits, lighter menu options, 24 hr Cafe option available.

Downtown Richmond 15 minutes away and any shopping needs available right next door to the hotel you really don't have to go anywhere. Would definitely stay again

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jody M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you for your comment regarding your stay. We are glad you chose The Hyatt Place Airport Richmond and hope ypu will stay with us again in the near future.

Thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Southlake, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel one weekend for a wedding. This location is great cause next to lots if stores and restaurants. The hotel is cute with a nice lobby and quaint entry. The rooms are suites with refrigerators no microwaves. The TV is flat screen and large. At first I was appreciative of the modern room and bathroom. However the sofa had burn holes in it and there was hair in the bathroom. Later after dinner a I tried to kill a roach with the room magazine. After 6 times I think it died behind the sofa. I was freaked out for the rest of the time and couldn't wait to leave. The housekeeping the next day did not come till 6pm. The hallway was freezing at at like 40 some degrees. It felt like being outside but with a fan. Last the breakfast was minor. You would be better off just going to one of the restaurants next door which we did after being disappointed with the selection. I suppose this hotel might be ok if you want a good location and don't mind all this but if not stay at a better hotel. Next time I will!

Stayed December 2013
Thank you for choosing The Hyatt Place Richmond Airport for your most recent stay. We appreciate that you stayed with us. I do apologize that we did not exceed your expectations and hope you will give us an opportunity to have you as our guest again.

Thank you!
Salisbury, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

Stayed here while in Richmond for training. Nice facility and many stores and restaurants in the area. You can walk to some of the restaurants. Have stayed plenty of times. Would recommend for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sara D, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel. We are certainly glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Decided as we were driving to FL from NJ to stop & rest at 10 pm. This hotel was priced right with free parking, continental breakfast and pet friendly. Room was Beautiful, big n clean and we didn't leave hungry.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sunny A, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Hello!!!!

Thank you so much for staying with us. Not only do we appreciate you choosing The Hyatt Place Richmond Airport for your most recent stay in Richmond but your kind comments as well.

I hope you will stay with us again and do not hesitate to contact us directly for your next reservations when traveling through Virginia.

Jody Moore
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Friendly staff. Super comfortable beds. Clean rooms. We had a reasonably large suite with a large sofa bed for the price of a regular room. Good continental breakfast. Lots of restaurants and shopping near the hotel. This hotel is a find.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Michelle K
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our hotel. You comments are welcomed at anytime. Most of all though we hope you will be our guest again in the near future.

Jody Moore
Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

We've stayed here twice in the last month, and we have been very happy. Our destination was actually downtown at the VCU Medical Center, but we chose this hotel since we like the Hyatt Place chain. The hotel is located at the edge of a very large shopping mall complex which has lots of restaurants, and of course shopping. This time we stayed in room 203, which is handicap accessible. No street noise, but there was a constant whining noise like a vacuum cleaner turning on/off all the time (and during the night). With the AC fan on we slept well, but it was kind of a bother when the AC fan stopped blowing. The first time we stayed at this Hyatt it was on the other side of the hotel and there was no noise issue. The bed was soft and comfy, as were the pillows. All the other amenities were clean and as expected for the Hyatt. The handicap room had plenty of room for the power wheel chair to maneuver around, which is not always the case in handicap rooms. The breakfast was nice and had all the basics and then some. We will likely be going to Richmond every few months, and we will be staying at this hotel all the time (but not room 203). Well worth your consideration!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sunny A, Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Hello,

Thank you so much for your feedback & we appreciate your kind comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

I would like to know which room you stayed in regarding the noise you experienced so that we can investigate & correct it. Please feel free to call me at 804-467-3330 so we can discuss further.

Looking forward to seeing you in the future and thank you again for staying with us.

Sunny Amin
Director of Operations.
Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, VA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Very DISHONEST staff. Was unable to retrieve my engagement ring. I had left it in the bathroom along with two rings on the soap dish. I called hotel same day and they said they had already given the room to someone else that I would have to call back in the morning to see if housekeeping found it. When I called back they said they found 1. Later on they called and said they found them. And they will put them in the safe until I retrieve them. I was so happy until my bf goes and stays there today and it turns out that they had only found 2. My engagement ring was the one stolen. So now I am very upset. I thought I was staying at a nice place considering its part of the hyatt hotel. So either someone in housekeeping stole it, or the staff members that have access to lost and found. I know that the guests that stayed in the room after us did not take them because the room was cleaned and if the housekeeper replaced the soap and shampoo, which is obvious they did he/she grabbed them. It's just impossible for them to only find 2, When they were all in the same exact spot. Whoever took it took the most expensive out of the 3. I hope someone gets fired over this. I'm actually thinking I'll file a police report because after all they were stolen. It's easy to figure out who took it. See who entered the room to clean it by seeing when they swiped and who they gave the rings to afterwards and how many we're given to them. You would think this hotel wouldn't have thieves working at such a nice place considering the clientele. This hotel does not live up to its name.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank stephanyvaldez
Hello,

Firstly, thank you for staying with us. I have been informed by my staff that we found two rings and they were returned to your husband. We investigated the entire incident spoke to the housekeeper who cleaned the room but we found only two rings.

There is definitely some misunderstanding regarding the third ring. Please call me at 804-467-3330 to discuss further if you haven't found it yet. I will help you as much as I can.

Sunny Amin
Director of Operations.
Hyatt Place Richmond Airport,VA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport
Homewood Suites Richmond Airport

Been to Hyatt Place Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!