“Good nights stay_would recommend”

Hyatt Place Richmond Airport
Ranked #27 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good nights stay_would recommend”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We arrived at this hotel after over nine hours on the road. It was easy to find and convenient to shopping and dining establishments. The hotel looked pleasant on the outside. The clerk didn't acknowledge my resent at the desk immediately and when she did, she didn't look up from what she was doing. However, the rest of the staff was pleasant. Once we received our key, the room was great. Everything was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the room was quiet. Hot breakfast. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jody M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Good Morning,

I wanted to thank you for choosing The Hyatt Place Airport in Richmond for your most recent stay. It is my hope that you will choose to stay with us in th future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should I be able to help with reservations moving forward.

I wish you happy and safe travels and look forward to meeting you on your trip to Virginia.

In hospitality,

Jody Moore

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Houston
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Delta had major delays and could not get me to my destination on the scheduled day. They directed me to this hotel. The room was clean and the location was very convenient for someone who is content to shop for groceries at Target and browse Lowe's to pass the time. I am not being sarcastic, by the way, as that is exactly what I did that night. The only problem was 2 phones in the room neither of which worked and I needed a wake up call very early in the morning to catch my flight. They did not have any spare phones and did not know how to repair the ones in my room. It was too late for me to move to another room because I needed to get my sleep rather than pack and unpack again. They did however respond to my request to call me on my cell phone instead of room phone at 6 am, which they promptly did. They provide hot oatmeal for breakfast and other typical breakfast items. All in all, a pleasant stay. I would return if I ever visited the area again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hello and thank you for choosing Hyatt Place at the Airport for your recent stay. I am glad you chose to stay with us. I hope you will stay with us again in the future. I will certainly make sure we have a working phone in your room. Thank oyu for letting us know of th malfunction.

I hope you had safe travels to your destination and that you will stay a memeber of the Hyatt family moving forward.

In hospitality,

Jody Moore
Usa
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights. Came on a semi business trip with spouse to a new movie premier. No room service. Hate that. So So priced. Comfy beds.
Staff does an OK job cleaning rooms. Terrible job in the common areas of Hotel.
Lots of kids unattended using the business area computers. Had to come back several times to print boarding passes.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Jody M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you for taking time to comment on our hotel. We hope you will join us again in the future. I do apologize that the children that were staying in the hotel were not tended to better, this as I am sure you know contributed to the public areas not being kept as we generally do. We appreciate you choosing The Hyatt Place at the Airport and hope you will be our guest again. May the 2014 spring and summer season be good to you and yours!

Warmest regards, Jody Moore and team!
Virginia
Reviewed 7 March 2014

In the transition of moving to Richmond, we spent several days at the Hyatt Place on Laburnum Ave. From the front desk to maid service, without exception, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We were a bit high maintenance as I had a broken ankle and broken wrist, plus we had our small dog with us, but they were always very accommodating. Our dog looked forward to walking past the front desk, as they offered him a greeting & dog treat.

We stayed in a handicap room on the main floor that was clean and up-to-date. The large flat screen TV was a bonus. The beds were comfortable. We didn't try the continental breakfast, but my husband appreciated the on-site free Starbucks coffee. There was a coffee pot in our room supplied with tea, as well. Once, as we were leaving our room, maid service was passing by and asked if there was anything we needed in our room, or if we needed extra towels or anything. My husband requested more coffee, and from then on out, extra coffee was next to the coffee pot upon our return to our room in each day.

There are many places to eat within walking distance: Chick Fil A, Applebee's, Olive Garden, Steak & Shake, Red Lobster, Taco Bell, Five Guys, and Longhorn Steak, to just name a few, and many others on Laburnum Ave. Target is right next door, so if you need anything, it's very convenient.

The manager is to be applauded, as the staff seemed very well trained to excellent service.

We will definitely recommend this hotel to our friends and family when coming to the area. I really can't say a bad thing about it.

Room Tip: The main floor, handicap room 101, was very quiet and out of the way, with quick and easy access to...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
I remember you needing the first floor due to having your little ones with you and your injuries. I certainly hope the next time you come you will be feeling better. Thank you for your kind words for my staff. We appreciate you choosing out hotel and being our guest, we hope to see you again soon and please never hesitate to call on us if we can ever assist you with making reservations or your accommodations while here.

Best wishes for a wonderful spring and summer.

Jody Moore and team from The Hyatt Place at The Airport Richmond
Elkin NC
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We chose Hyatt Place because we have stayed at Hyatt place in other cities with great experiences. Not so much at this location. The front desk staff at check in were very pleasant. We were give a ground floor room and requested a upper floor but were told there was a birthday party up there and they were trying to find a quieter room. So we stayed on the main floor. The room itself was just OK. Not Hyatt quality. Couch was frayed, carpet still dirty / dusty, in bathroom there was evidence of a leak and ceiling was falling, there also was something not sure what on back of bathroom door and wall. Used coffee cups left in room. Bed was good with nice linens.

Other issue we had was breakfast. After reading other reviews I thought the buffet would be really good. The buffet offered eggs and an egg and sausage link mix. My husband chose the egg and sausage mix. In the mix there was some bone or something in the sausage and it caused my husband to crack his tooth. This pretty much ended our breakfasts at the hotel.

I know that kind of thing "happens" but we were really looking forward to a nice relaxing stay at a nice hotel and well it did not meet our expectations. With the worn out couch, room cleanliness and breakfast issues it left me with a feeling that this was a lower class hotel than the Hyatt name usually provides.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Jody M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
I apologize that we did not meet you expectations. I am taking corrective action regarding your issue. I hope you will try us again in the future as we do appreciate your business and your comments.

Thank you.
Washington, DC
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My husband and I had a great time perfect quick get away. The room was clean and very comfortable the staff was accomodating if you needed anything. Small gym and a heated pool perfect for a winter getaway. The breakfast was good fresh fruits, lighter menu options, 24 hr Cafe option available.

Downtown Richmond 15 minutes away and any shopping needs available right next door to the hotel you really don't have to go anywhere. Would definitely stay again

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comment regarding your stay. We are glad you chose The Hyatt Place Airport Richmond and hope ypu will stay with us again in the near future.

Thank you!
Southlake, Texas
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel one weekend for a wedding. This location is great cause next to lots if stores and restaurants. The hotel is cute with a nice lobby and quaint entry. The rooms are suites with refrigerators no microwaves. The TV is flat screen and large. At first I was appreciative of the modern room and bathroom. However the sofa had burn holes in it and there was hair in the bathroom. Later after dinner a I tried to kill a roach with the room magazine. After 6 times I think it died behind the sofa. I was freaked out for the rest of the time and couldn't wait to leave. The housekeeping the next day did not come till 6pm. The hallway was freezing at at like 40 some degrees. It felt like being outside but with a fan. Last the breakfast was minor. You would be better off just going to one of the restaurants next door which we did after being disappointed with the selection. I suppose this hotel might be ok if you want a good location and don't mind all this but if not stay at a better hotel. Next time I will!

Stayed December 2013
Thank you for choosing The Hyatt Place Richmond Airport for your most recent stay. We appreciate that you stayed with us. I do apologize that we did not exceed your expectations and hope you will give us an opportunity to have you as our guest again.

Thank you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport
Homewood Suites Richmond Airport

Been to Hyatt Place Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!