“Nice stay”

Ranked #27 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Orlando, Florida
“Nice stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed here two nights for my son's commencement ceremony from VCU. We found the hotel to be clean and modern. The room was also clean and confortable. Their complimentary breakfast was just okay. It was easy to find and close to restaurants. Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Towson, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately our 5-day stay was much different than what we were expecting - and not in a good way!! Customer service is seriously lacking & they seem to be very short-staffed - especially in the housekeeping department!!

For example, when we called the front desk to request more towels & for our trash to be emptied we were told there was no housekeeping staff working that evening & that we could come down to the lobby to pick up towels ourselves.

Eventually someone brought towels up to us, but said we'd need to leave the trash in the hallway until morning, which we ended up having to do most evenings with our trash, dirty linnens/towels & dishes.

On another night we placed a food order - they don't have traditional room service, you pick up your order in the lobby when they call you back to let you know it's ready - & after @ 45 minutes without a call, we called back & were told the food hadn't even been started because a large group had arrived to check in and, again, there wasn't any other staff working. We ended up canceling the order - luckily there are a ton of other food options close by, one of the few positives from our stay!

The lack of staff onsite definitely raised some security & safety concerns for us in addition to the annoyances described above!

My husband also slipped & fell carrying our 2-yr old because a housekeeping cart had left a trail of water along the tiled elevator lobby floor without leaving a "wet floor" sign - luckily aside from a large bruise on his backside they were both ok. Ironic that when they actually did have housekeeping onsite this happened!

The few positives include super comfy beds & when we were able to get food from the hotel it overall was pretty good & priced decently for hotel food. They also did have one of the better free hotel breakfast spreads we've had - in addition to the standard fruit & cereal they also had breakfast sandwiches, waffles, french toast, bagels, etc. The hotel is at a great location - not only are there multiple dining options near by, but a grocery store, Target and other shopping options all within walking distance!!

For a Hyatt it was definitely a disappointing experience and unless the company my husband works for books his room there again (we were there for a business trip) we wouldn't return.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jessica N
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We visited this hotel as it was the main hotel with blocks of rooms for a wedding we attended. The price was reasonable for the rooms. We had a corner room on the third floor, that did seem a bit small compared to other rooms we looked at, and the view was pretty bad - overlooking a flat roof of something, and parked cars, but we solved this by keeping the blinds closed. As we were very busy and spent little time in the hotel , it did not matter. The bathroom was awesome, a huge , new clean walk in shower. I asked for an extra blanket, which should have been in the room but was not, and they immediately brought me a pretty thin one, but it was enough. The room did have a pull out couch, so we could have added a couple more people to the room if we needed to. Internet worked, as did the nice large flat screen TV. It was nice to have a small refrigerator, but it did not have a freezer section, and there was no microwave, something that I was counting on them having. The king sized bed was quite comfortable, and the cooling worked quite well. However, when the cooling went on, it was very noisy, and could wake you from sleep, but I think (hope?) this was probably just our room. The included breakfast was fine, with hot and cold foods. I was only disappointed as I eat oatmeal for breakfast every day - the first day they had that but the second the oatmeal container had sausage gravy. When I asked for oatmeal, they invited me to order it at their "cafe", which I did not do. So I had to stick to plain eggs and fruit. Lack of hot oatmeal would not be a problem, unless you have a restricted diet! Everyone else seemed to have plenty to eat. In all, I felt the hotel was quite nice, and a good value for what you get. Some of the rooms I saw, including the two queen bed room, were huge.

Room Tip: We had a corner room on the third floor (302) and it seemed smaller than the other rooms we saw, and...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We arrived at this hotel after over nine hours on the road. It was easy to find and convenient to shopping and dining establishments. The hotel looked pleasant on the outside. The clerk didn't acknowledge my resent at the desk immediately and when she did, she didn't look up from what she was doing. However, the rest of the staff was pleasant. Once we received our key, the room was great. Everything was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the room was quiet. Hot breakfast. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jody M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Good Morning,

I wanted to thank you for choosing The Hyatt Place Airport in Richmond for your most recent stay. It is my hope that you will choose to stay with us in th future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should I be able to help with reservations moving forward.

I wish you happy and safe travels and look forward to meeting you on your trip to Virginia.

In hospitality,

Jody Moore
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Delta had major delays and could not get me to my destination on the scheduled day. They directed me to this hotel. The room was clean and the location was very convenient for someone who is content to shop for groceries at Target and browse Lowe's to pass the time. I am not being sarcastic, by the way, as that is exactly what I did that night. The only problem was 2 phones in the room neither of which worked and I needed a wake up call very early in the morning to catch my flight. They did not have any spare phones and did not know how to repair the ones in my room. It was too late for me to move to another room because I needed to get my sleep rather than pack and unpack again. They did however respond to my request to call me on my cell phone instead of room phone at 6 am, which they promptly did. They provide hot oatmeal for breakfast and other typical breakfast items. All in all, a pleasant stay. I would return if I ever visited the area again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hello and thank you for choosing Hyatt Place at the Airport for your recent stay. I am glad you chose to stay with us. I hope you will stay with us again in the future. I will certainly make sure we have a working phone in your room. Thank oyu for letting us know of th malfunction.

I hope you had safe travels to your destination and that you will stay a memeber of the Hyatt family moving forward.

In hospitality,

Jody Moore
Usa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights. Came on a semi business trip with spouse to a new movie premier. No room service. Hate that. So So priced. Comfy beds.
Staff does an OK job cleaning rooms. Terrible job in the common areas of Hotel.
Lots of kids unattended using the business area computers. Had to come back several times to print boarding passes.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Jody M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you for taking time to comment on our hotel. We hope you will join us again in the future. I do apologize that the children that were staying in the hotel were not tended to better, this as I am sure you know contributed to the public areas not being kept as we generally do. We appreciate you choosing The Hyatt Place at the Airport and hope you will be our guest again. May the 2014 spring and summer season be good to you and yours!

Warmest regards, Jody Moore and team!
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

In the transition of moving to Richmond, we spent several days at the Hyatt Place on Laburnum Ave. From the front desk to maid service, without exception, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We were a bit high maintenance as I had a broken ankle and broken wrist, plus we had our small dog with us, but they were always very accommodating. Our dog looked forward to walking past the front desk, as they offered him a greeting & dog treat.

We stayed in a handicap room on the main floor that was clean and up-to-date. The large flat screen TV was a bonus. The beds were comfortable. We didn't try the continental breakfast, but my husband appreciated the on-site free Starbucks coffee. There was a coffee pot in our room supplied with tea, as well. Once, as we were leaving our room, maid service was passing by and asked if there was anything we needed in our room, or if we needed extra towels or anything. My husband requested more coffee, and from then on out, extra coffee was next to the coffee pot upon our return to our room in each day.

There are many places to eat within walking distance: Chick Fil A, Applebee's, Olive Garden, Steak & Shake, Red Lobster, Taco Bell, Five Guys, and Longhorn Steak, to just name a few, and many others on Laburnum Ave. Target is right next door, so if you need anything, it's very convenient.

The manager is to be applauded, as the staff seemed very well trained to excellent service.

We will definitely recommend this hotel to our friends and family when coming to the area. I really can't say a bad thing about it.

Room Tip: The main floor, handicap room 101, was very quiet and out of the way, with quick and easy access to...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
I remember you needing the first floor due to having your little ones with you and your injuries. I certainly hope the next time you come you will be feeling better. Thank you for your kind words for my staff. We appreciate you choosing out hotel and being our guest, we hope to see you again soon and please never hesitate to call on us if we can ever assist you with making reservations or your accommodations while here.

Best wishes for a wonderful spring and summer.

Jody Moore and team from The Hyatt Place at The Airport Richmond
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport
Homewood Suites Richmond Airport

Been to Hyatt Place Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!