HYATT House Richmond-West
US$107
US$101
US$141
FourPoints.com
All reviewsfire pitshort pumpcorner suitedick's sporting goodsomelette stationoutdoor mallomelet barcomedy clubmade to order omeletsgreat hotelhotel is locatedmini kitchenfull size refrigeratorsliding doorrichmond westshopping and restaurantshot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2011

My husband and I stayed here 8/5 and 8/6 for the first time. We checked in with no problem around noon. You get a full refrigerator, 2-burner stove, dishwasher, microwave and coffee maker in the kitchen. We ate at Maggianos at Short Pump and were able to put our leftovers in the freezer! (Ditto the next day when we ate at the Cheesecake Factory). Comfortable beds. If you want to get the omelet in the morning, go down early, but there's plenty of eggs, bacon, hash browns, etc in the buffet, you won't go hungry. There's 4 computers in the business center (with a closed door) for free use. It's in the Short Pump mall so great for shopping, or drinking with dinner and just walking back.

Room Tip: They have single bottles of beer for sale
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
HSRichmondGM, General Manager at HYATT House Richmond-West, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

It is great to hear your experience at Hotel Sierra was positive! We are happy you enjoyed our spacious suites and found our staff to be inviting and the location perfect. We thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 August 2011

The Hotel Sierra Richmond West was a wonderful stop on our way back home.

We were looking for a hotel that would offer a little more than your basic hotel & the Sierra fit the bill.

Free Wi Fi, free internet in the business center, great furnishings and a poolside fireplace made the Sierra a sweet oasis in the middle of the summer heat. We prepaid for a King Studio and were given the 3rd floor corner room. Nice furnishings including leather trimmed sofa, ottoman, stainless steel fridge, dishes, forks, cups, knives....

King bed was firm & comfy and the Sierra even provided a robe in the closet. Flat screen TV that turned so you could watch from sofa or bed. Bathroom had a set up that different. Stand up shower with half a glass screen. Toilet directly across & the sink is located just outside the sliding door. You have to put extra towels on the floor to keep the leakage under control & work with the door to get it to shut just right (small privacey issue with the bed being close) but other than that it was a nice room.

What really sets the hotel apart is the pool scene. Nice comfy lounge area, with a gas fire pit, great place to relax in the evening. Pool is small but nice and the hot tub rocks! Clean warm towels are available & a hamper is there for damp ones. A bathroom is located just off to the side & the gym has a door that peers out onto the pool. Lounge chairs are modern & brown with smooth lines and very comfortable. Pool closes at 10:00pm and you need your key card to get in.

Breakfast was served in the lobby & comes with the rate for the room. Nice assortment of foods, but the orange juice glasses are really small (just larger than a shot glass).

Parking is in the mall area, and there are some spots reserved for hotel guests. The hotel is within the mall grounds you just have to drive up in the back to find it. Overall we liked the Sierra & would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank nigelsmom1
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I stayed at the Hotel Sierra for one night with my family after spending the day at nearby Kings Dominion. The hotel was a the perfect place to relax after a long day of riding roller coasters and battling the crowds. The room looked brand new and was furnished well, including full kitchen, large flat screen tv and couch. The king size bed was extremely comfortable and the pull-out couch worked perfectly for our 7 year old son. The breakfast in the morning was delicious, but on a Saturday I would recommend getting there before 8am if possible, as it was very crowded. The hotel is RIGHT next to the mall, which is a high-end mall and has lots of good restaurants all within walking distance. I did not get to experience the pool and lounge area, but wish we could have stayed another night so we could have taken in all of the hotel's amenities. I frequent this area of Richmond often and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing about your great experience at Hotel Sierra. I am glad you found the perfect place to relax after your long day at the amusement park. We look forward to you staying with us again so you can enjoy the pool and lounge area.

Reviewed 23 July 2011

We actually live in the Richmond area, but needed a quick, last minute getaway from the chore list at home and the baby monitors by our bed. We had a great evening of shopping, a late dinner and a great night. Hotel is sharp, well designed and service oriented. We regret not getting a chance to try out the pool this time. Rooms are well designed, spacious and crisp. I was very surprised at how well thought out this place is. My only suggestions/complaints were the noise outside our door (we were by the elevator, and were surprised how clearly we could hear people talking as they waited) and the elevators seemed unusually slow between floors. But those are minor compared to the overall stay. We highly recommend and will be back again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

I am thrilled you chose Hotel Sierra for your last minute getaway! Everyone needs a little vacation from the everyday routine and it is great to read that you had a great time. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 19 July 2011

I stayed at the hotel Sierra richmond west for my sister's lax tournament,and I had a really fun time. It was conveniently located write next to the short pump shopping center/mall, and the rooms and pool were awesome! But it was not the hotel itself which was pricy, yet it was what they sold inside of it. I am not paying $1.75 for a pack of m&m's. Also, the laundry service costs $2.00 to wash and $2.00 to dry. Now in my mind, that is pretty crazy. Overall, I had a fantastic time and would come again. Plus, some of the maids are unfriendly but personally that did not bother me. 4 stars

• Stayed: July 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for choosing Hotel Sierra on your recent visit to Richmond. It is great that the location was perfect and you enjoyed the pool. I do apologize for the unfriendly housekeeping staff. I will personally speak with them to ensure they are delivery top-notch customer service. I look forward to serving you again soon.