HYATT House Richmond-West
US$153
US$139
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfire pitshort pumpcorner suitedick's sporting goodsomelette stationoutdoor mallomelet barcomedy clubmade to order omeletsgreat hotelhotel is locatedmini kitchenfull size refrigeratorsliding doorrichmond westshopping and restaurantshot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Perfect stay, perfect location, perfect room, great staff! The hotel's location in the middle of the town center was such a plus as it was raining off and on the entire weekend. Great shopping, great restaurants, etc. I will definitely be returning again!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank smoochaz
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Husband and son went to Richmond to spend a couple of days seeing some of the museums. We wanted to come back to a place without valet parking, a palce that had big enough rooms so my son and my husband and I could have some privacy, and somewhere we would find ample places to find something to eat. The Hyatt House Richmond West was perfect for this. The hotel is located at Short Pump mall, which enabled us to have a large variety of dining options, and a Dicks Sporting Goods store to engage the guys while I hit up Dillard's, Macy's, and Nordstroms. The front desk was extremely friendly and accomodating. The mini bar that sells beer and wine and little tapas like plates was quiet and soothing. The upscale decor was refreshing- I have become used to what I call "hotel room chic".... you know ... the tasteful colors and pedestrian flower art. This hotel had a monochromatic scheme that looked like they ripped the decor out of Restoration Hardware. Very different- yet still inviting. I loved the little modern touches like wheat grass in the lobby, interesting glass, and nickel accents- like the courtesy phones in the lobby. The breakfast buffet in the morning is to die for. There is everything up there- no kidding. The coffee is hot and plentiful, and there is hot water and tea choices for non coffee fans. The king suite room we got was amazing for the price. There was a kitchen area with full size refrigerator and freezer with ice maker, two burner cooktop, reasonable stock in the kitchen (including wine glasses!) and diswasher. There was a large sitting area with a full sofa that pulled out into a bed for my son- but he was so comfortable with all the pillows he just slept on the sofa and put his stuff on the ample ottoman. The king size bed in the bedroom part of the suite was superbly comfortable. There were plenty of towels and handsoaps, etc. There is also a little snack shop by the front desk where you can pickup soda, ice cream, chips, etc and pay for it there. My son loved that! On the minus side there is a shower that does not sut all the way, and the bathroom door is a heavy pocket door. I pinched my fingers on a late night potty run. My son took a shower and I used two of the extra towels to mop up. The shower has a glass door that goes about halfway across the shower. If you face the shower head away from you it only splashes a little onto the floor. If just run in, take a shower, and run out you have a mess on your hands. The icemaker in the fridge was off so it took several hours to get ice from the fridge. There was no ice bucket in the room so I took a mixing bowl and went in search of an ice machine. Apparently- the ice machines are only on every other floor and there is not information in the room- not even in the hotel literature- to tell you that. A passing custodian let me know that - the front desk person thought there was a vending area on every floor. All in all- the positives certainly outweighed the minuses. We really enjoyed our stay and will definately stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here since it was hotel sierra. The rooms still look brand new, i stayed in a studio king, no bathtub, with a kitchen... It is connected to short pump mall, if you are only going to shop i say stay there.. But for the price and value, i would stay at aloft or hilton with 2 miles

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 8 August 2012

This is our 2nd stay. We had to go back to make sure the 1st was not a fluke. It wasn't!! The staff and service personnell is very friendly, pleasant ant professional. Your wish is their command. We desired to check in early, no problem. Our accomodations were excellent.; clean, fresh and well appointed. Location leaves nothing to be desired either. The site is on the edge of a shopping mall outlet (Macy's, Dillards, Crate & Barrel, Godiva's and so many more). Located on site are so many restaurants, a food court and a movie theater within walking distance. Only a short ride away are museums, gardens, more restaurants, farmer's market and tours galore. Breakfast the next morning was just as pleasant a surprise (made to order omelets, eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, cereals pastries and more). Only one drawback ...parking. The parking is a little scarce because it's shared with the mall, but we saw constant security in the lots during the night if you have to park a little away from the hotel. Worth a try people. We are going back for concerts and more museums. See ya there!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank slaughterhousecouple
Reviewed 31 July 2012

The hotel is in a great location for shopping and visiting on west end of town. In good location for Interstate 64 and 288. Reception was nice and was allowed to check-in early. Room looked nice and seemed clean. Then noticed stains on bathroom floor in front of toilet, I wiped up brown stains just in front of toilet and wondered if the floor could use a good mopping. We were careful to stay off floor in bare feet. Also, requested extra towels and pillows and they were there very quickly. You have to request it, but we did get fresh towels daily. All in all the hotel is OK and would probably stay there again. Everyone was so nice which makes the stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends