“Highly Recommend”

Ranked #5 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Woolwich, Maine
“Highly Recommend”
Reviewed 8 October 2012

To reiterate what others have said.......This hotel is fabulous.
We had a huge corner suite which had a separate bedroom, large bathroom with walk in shower and a soaking tub that was out of this world. Our room was spotlessly clean and well appointed.

Breakfast was adequate. It was a busy Saturday morning and they kept up with replenishing the food stations.
The staff was helpful and friendly.

Loved the location with shopping and restaurants right outside the door.

I only wish the Hyatt House was closer to our home as it would make for a great weekend getaway.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights in September. The hotel is very nice and in a convenient location. The rooms were spotless, service was great. Breakfast is included in the room rate, however, we only ate breakfast on one of the 4 mornings as we were on PST time and didn't make the breakfast hours. The one day we did eat breakfast, it was good with a nice selection. The hotel is located next to the Mall. The only negative was the Signage to the hotel. It is located towards the back of the Mall with no signage on West Broad Strre. We had to call the front desk at 1:00 AM to get directions from W Broad Street. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed September 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I spent some time at the Hyatt after referral from a business colleague. It is a VERY nice property and next door to a huge outdoor mall. Great setting!

The rooms are spacious, spotless and are arranged so that you could spend a day or a few weeks with the facilities. It is more like entering an apartment than a hotel room. Sleep quality is excellent.

The OFF THE CHARTS feature, though is the PEOPLE at the hotel. They consistently delivered superior customer service in evey single encounter I had. They directed me to the types of restaurants I wanted, where to jog, and referred a great local taxi service.

But it does not stop there - their service continued even AFTER I checked out. I discovered the day after leaving Richmond that I had forgotten some important clothing in my room. :-( I needed it for an important business meeting. I phoned the hotel from Las Vegas at 2:30AM and told them my dilemma. The woman on the phone assured me she would carry the message to the day shift.

They phoned me a couple of hours later seeking specifics on how/where I needed my clothing sent. They must have made AT LEAST 8 phone calls coordinating between me and FedEx, all while serving other guests. My clothes will arrive tomorrow, a day ahead of when I need them.

They have unparalleled commitment to to customer service!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2012

This is my "go to hotel in Richmond"...but the word seems to be out that this is a great place because I could not add an extra day on my stay as they were sold out. UGH! I have been staying here since it was the Sierra Hotel...and I have NEVER been disappointed! The staff is so helpful and friendly...including the maintenance guy! The pool on the second floor with the fire pit & hot tub is soooo nice! The Shortpump mall which this hotel is attached to is my favorite! Lots of great stores, restaurants and a great place to stroll around! The rooms at this hotel are modern, very well layed out, nice colors, cozy and very comfy. The breakfast buffet is included with the stay is one of the best. I am in a lot of hotels for business...I have become a hotel DIVA... and this is one of my top 3 favorites. THEy DO IT RIGHT!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good at this hotel!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Staunton, Virginia
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We live in Staunton VA and wanted a weekend getaway. We decided to book a room at this hotel based on the reviews we read here. Upon arrival I was greeted warmly by the front desk. The lobby was modern and looked inviting. Our room was a business suite which had a kitchen, living room, and separate bedroom. The bathroom had a nice walk in shower. The room was clean and modern and very inexpensive at only 130 a night. The bed was like sleeping on clouds. The pool and hot tub were amazing. The hot breakfast in the morning was second to none. It is located right next to Short Pump Mall which has quite a few fantastic restaurants like Cheesecake Factory. You can stroll through the mall and walk right back to the hotel without getting into your car. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone for a weekend getaway or extended stay.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2012

This was a great place to stay. Beside the on-site access to the all of the malls amenities, the hotel itself is beautiful. Our room was huge, inviting, and very clean. Large windows, but not much of a view. Most hotels I go to begin to show signs of wear after just a few years, but this place looks like it just opened yesterday. Breakfast was very good as well, full buffet and omelets made to order. Try the Indian restaurant just below the hotel too, its great!

Room Tip: The basic rooms are still very large, especially compared to large-city hotels. But if you can, go...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We chose the Hyatt because of a meeting in the adjacent mall. We did not expect the beautiful, incredibly clean hotel we found. The staff was wonderful. The pool and fitness area were inviting especially the fire pit at the pool in the evenings. The full breakfast was generous and delicious with an omelet bar. The room was ideal with a separate living room and a lovely shower and bath area. I was impressed

Room Tip: We had a king suite so that our son could have the sofa bed in the living room. It was wonderful al...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business