“No complaints. Loved it!”

HYATT House Richmond-West
Ranked #5 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
York, Pennsylvania
“No complaints. Loved it!”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Hyatt House this past weekend; Richmond is a halfway point between our cities. The pictures looked great, but hotel pictures can be deceiving! This place was awesome. I'm pretty particular about hotels, and I really have nothing to complain about. (Yay!) I got there Friday, checked in with ease, and went right to the fitness room. Pretty decent for a hotel fitness room! The machines are up to date, and it's big enough for a few people to use at a time. As far as the room itself, everything was very clean with a modern aesthetic. Very nice kitchenette. Full fridge, and even a stove! OH, also... LOVED the shower! Very nice. I did get the feeling that the hotel wasn't overly crowded that weekend because I didn't hear any noise from neighbors or anything. Although maybe the walls are just thicker! We went to the hotel bar a couple times, which is right inside the lobby. It's pretty small, but that wasn't an issue. The bartender was super sweet, so we kept going back because it was never crowded and we wanted to give her some business. Every time we saw staff members on the premises they went out of their way to say hello. Lastly, the location is excellent. As many reviewers noted, it's actually on the mall property. If you exit the hotel and go to your right, there are a bunch of restaurants right there. But there are plenty of others spread out over the rest of the property. There was plenty to do! If you like movies, the movie theater is right down the street. We already agreed that we'd love to go back if we decide to meet in Richmond again! There was a winter sale, so I booked a suite for $99. What a steal!

P.S. We never ate the complimentary breakfast because I wanted to try The Baker's Crust right next door. The second day we didn't get up early enough. Boo! It smelled great though, and apparently they have an omelet station! So I'd definitely check that out if you decide to book here!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
HhRichmondGM, Manager at HYATT House Richmond-West, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Kim4589,

Thank you SO much for your great review of our property! I'm so glad you and your boyfriend chose to meet up at our property for your halfway point and were able to relax and enjoy your weekend together. I hope you enjoyed your breakfast next door at Baker's Crust. I'm very glad you were able to take advantage of the convenience of the mall, as well as the numerous restaurants around us. Hopefully we will see you during your next halfway meet up and you can try out our breakfast then as well!

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
North Carolina
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Arrived on Saturday for two days with a family of four to participate in the Richmond - Monument Classic Volleyball Tournament. Reserved two rooms. At 11:00 am we arrived at the hotel and were greeted with a huge humble and sincere smile by Adrian, Front Desk Supervisor. I told her that that our daughter had a volleyball game scheduled for 2:00 PM and need to register prior to check-in time (3:00pm). She got me one of the two rooms on the spot and the other one at 12:00 noon. From there on all our requests were directly with Adrian as we got immediate and accurate response from this lovely girl (best customer service I've ever had in my 45 years experience of travel).

The hotel is practically new (5 years) and noticeable maintained. Spotless, clean, well decorated with a family/friendly ambiance. Room space is more than adequate with a sitting area, king size super comfort bed and 37 inch plasma monitor, all with tasty trendy décor. The business center has 6 computers with huge monitors inside a cozy and highly private pleasant room.

This hotel is located inside the premises of Short Pump Mall (biggest I have ever seen). You can choose from Fireplace, Maggiano's, Cheesecake Factory, Longhorn, Carraba's, Olive Garden and many more that will cater your cuisine preferences and budget allowance when hungry.

We'll be back for sure.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
HhRichmondGM, General Manager at HYATT House Richmond-West, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Hi Renemorilo,
Wow, amazing review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a 5 star review. All of the staff here said the same thing about the teams after you departed...Excellent Guests! This was our first year participating with the tournament and were so happy that we choose to do so and look forward to next year. I am delighted every encounter with Adrian was top notch customer service and that you enjoyed all the amenities the hotel and area had to offer. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Warm Regards,
Kathy Holland
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We visited while in Richmond to see an exhibit at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. Major plus is the good buffet breakfast, including made-to-order omelets. Didn't care much for the Short Pump mall, but it does offer several restaurant choices. Short freeway drive into downtown Richmond. Next time we may try to stay downtown, as we are city folk, not suburban types.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook the outdoor pool, others the mall parking lot.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John B
Hi John B,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Although you enjoy the city more, I was very happy to hear you had a nice and comfortable stay during your visit. The mall area can be a little overwhelming, but as you said does allow easy access to pretty much anything you may need. We hope to see you again in the furture.

Warm Regards,
Kathy Holland
Williamstown, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 January 2014

The Hyatt House Richmond West is in Short Pump, Virginia-- just off the highway and tucked behind a sprawling mall. Your GPS might not recognize the hotel's name (try Sierra Hotel-- it's the hotel's former name). What's worse, if it does recognize the street address of the hotel, your GPS will probably take you to the front of the mall and you can't see the hotel from there and there is no signage whatsoever. None. It's incredible. Anyway, drive around to the back (near Dick's Sporting Goods) and you'll find it there.

The hotel is relatively new, the rooms are large (I paid a little bit more and got a corner suite-- really nice). The staff is super friendly and the breakfast is excellent.

Here's a small thing: there is no skin cream/body lotion in the rooms-- most hotels offer something like this-- so I had to purchase some nearby. Since I travel on business I try to travel as light as possible and this was a small (and easily fixed) hassle.

Room Tip: Corner room, high floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
HhRichmondGM, Manager at HYATT House Richmond-West, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Overland-Summer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your visit at Hyatt House Richmond West! I'm very glad that once you were able to locate us you enjoyed our spacious rooms and staff. Our employees here are definitely what makes us who we are, and I'm glad that you found them all to be friendly during your stay. I wanted to let you know that while lotion is not in every room at our property, we do offer lotion, as well as other toiletries, complimentary for our guests as we do understand the need to pack light while traveling. I hope you will continue to choose Hyatt House as your home-away-from-home during future visits to Richmond, VA!

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Hyatt house is located right next to short pump mall in Henrico Va. Its a great hotel nice breakfast, good service and excellent location. Rooms are neat and clean, hotel is new and well maintained. Staff is courteous and helpful. Best part staying here is that you are right in heart of most happening mall in Richmond. Some great restaurants like CPK, Cheesecake factory,Lehja are all walking distance. Place becomes very lively during evenings and its fun walking around the area. Its extremely safe at any point of time and a great place to stay for a business trip.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
HhRichmondGM, General Manager at HYATT House Richmond-West, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
nawab23,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property at the Short Pump Town Center! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that everyone here was helpful and courteous. I'm also glad that you were able to take advantage of our location by enjoying the lively evenings and dining options right outside our front doors. We all hope to welcome you back to Hyatt House Richmond West in the near future.

Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We reserved three rooms here recently to celebrate a family birthday. The staff could not have been more helpful in arranging adjoining rooms for parents and children with a corner suite on the same floor for a spacious gathering spot. LOVELY facility - unique, clean, comfortable. The rates for our weekend stay were VERY reasonable! A full breakfast buffet the next morning was just over the top! Each person we interacted with was so gracious and helpful. This place is a GEM!

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly if you need a specific accommodation.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
HhRichmondGM, General Manager at HYATT House Richmond-West, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Hello Nonnie6,
Thank you so much for such an outstanding review! It means so much to us to hear that we are a "gem". We are so happy to hear that our staff members we able to accommodate you by arranging your rooms so that everyone was close together. We understand how important spending time with family is and we always do our absolute best to make sure that everyone is placed where they need to be. Again, thank you so much for such an amazing review of our property. We are so happy to hear you all had a wonderful celebration and we were happy to be a part of it. We sincerely hope that you will stay with us again soon!
Maryland
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I travel to Richmond a lot for business and I have stayed at several hotels in the area. The Hyatt House Richmond-West is my absolute top pick in the area. The location, within the Short Pump Town Center mall is incredibly convenient, allowing for shopping and dining within walking distance. Both the common areas and the rooms are relatively new, well maintained, and kept clean. The rooms have a nice kitchen area with a full-size refrigerator, a stove with pots/pans/cooking utensils, and drinking glasses; a desk separates the kitchen from the sitting area which has a comfortable sofa and a good-size TV; the bedroom can be separated from the sitting room by a sliding door, has a comfortable bed and another good-size TV; the bathroom is nice with the toilet and shower behind closed doors and the sink/vanity area across from the closet and adjacent to the bedroom. The gym isn't spectacular, but is better than you'll find at many other hotels - with a few cardio machines (bike, elliptical), a rack of dumbbells, a TV, water and chilled towels. The complimentary breakfast is the best I've found in Richmond area hotels with scrambled eggs, breakfast meats, juice, numerous bread and cereal options, etc. I have highly recommended this hotel to friends and colleagues who have thanked me for the tip.

Whenever I'm traveling to this area I check for vacancies at Hyatt House first, and if they have a room available I book it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank John B
HhRichmondGM, General Manager at HYATT House Richmond-West, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear MD Travelers,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel! We also want to thank you for referring your friends and colleagues to our property. We love to hear that we are your top pick hotel when you are visiting Richmond. We consider that such an honor since there are so many hotels to choose from here in Richmond. We are so glad that you enjoy our complimentary breakfast, and we will be glad to pass along all your positive words to our breakfast staff. Again, thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you soon on your next visit.