“Relaxing!”

Ranked #5 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Relaxing!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed over Fathers Day weekend. We paid a little more than we would have wanted, but we reserved the room last minute. Everything was amazing, pool area, location, breakfast, etc. We will definitely be back. The only complaint was the beds were a bit uncomfortable.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Neolithe
HhRichmondGM, Manager at HYATT House Richmond-West, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Neolithe,

I am glad that you decided to spend Father's Day weekend with us and found it to be a relaxing weekend. We here at Hyatt House Richmond West take great pride in our property, amenities and staff and I'm very happy to hear that "everything was amazing". We are looking forward to your next stay with us and hope you are as well!

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
baltimore
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My family and I staid at the Hyat House on June 6 - June 8, 2014. I had great expectations of the hyat house from the pictures and the reviews. i rented the corner king suite which is a very nice suite, however a room of this size is usually rented for 2 or more people. Realistically when there are 2 or more people staying in one room, the room gets very messy. Well after a long day at Kings Dominion and after paying a rate of almost 200 a night, my room was not touched, refreshed, cleaned, or whatever word or terminology you want to use. UNACCEPTABLE....
There are 4 signs for the housekeeping staff. One that says do not disturb. One that says refresh, One that says please clean my room and another that I forgot. Well needless to say I posted the sign that said I would like my room cleaned. When I returned at 11 pm that night, the dirty dishes were removed. No vacuum service, no making of the bed(not even to freshen it up. No towel replacement, no toilet paper replacement. I was completely disturbed and was checking out the next morning. I spoke with the manager Jamee and she assured me that it would be cleaned the next morning, however I informed her that we were checking out. She promised it would never hapen again if I should chose to stay again. She did try and compensate me with a 30.00 credit. I appreciate her trying to rectify the situation, however, 30.00 was a very minimal refund for the nightly charge. I tried to enjoy myself for the remainder of that day but this experience has definetly tainted my expectations or standards of the Hyatt. BEWARE OF ROOM CLEANING SIGNS

Room Tip: king corner suite is great jsut make sure they clean it
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank xavierkindell
xavierkindell,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our property. While this is most certainly not the norm at our location, we appreciate the opportunity you gave us to personally discuss your situation with you. I do hope that following that conversation with our General Manager, you will choose to give us a chance to redeem ourselves the next time you visit Richmond, VA.

Stanardsville
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

First off I would like to thank the management of Hyatt House Richmond West for their generosity in donating a gift certificate for a free night to the EMS Fall Festival. The majority of us are volunteer EMT's, Paramedics and Fire Fighters,and it helps immensely to be able to go somewhere nice to decompress, especially when it's tough to afford to go anywhere these days! My husband and I won the gift certificate in the drawing at Fall Festival and decided to save it for our anniversary. The hotel is amazing! From the look of it to the great staff I can't find a single thing to complain about here. The room was pure luxury, the pool was warm and very relaxing, as well as the fire pit that we thoroughly enjoyed in the evening. The breakfast buffet was awesome, especially the made-to-order omelets and fresh fruit. Our room was quiet even though we were right outside of the pool area as well. As I said before, if I could rate it higher than a 5, I would! We look forward to coming here to relax again in the future!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank emtpixie
HhRichmondGM, Manager at HYATT House Richmond-West, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
emtpixie,

Thank you so much for your unbelievably kind words regarding your experience at our property! We are more than happy to have provided a donation to the EMS Fall Festival, and greatly appreciate everything that all Firefighers, Paramedics, and EMT's contribute to their communities on a daily basis! I am so glad to hear that our property provided you with the environment where you could decompress and truly relax for a weekend. We too are looking forward to you coming back to relax with us again in the near future!

Russell, Kansas
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We had a King bed room. The bedroom was separate from the living room.The hotel and room were beautiful and spotlessly clean. Had nice big windows.The bathroom was off the bedroom and was all enclosed so you have complete privacy and it was well lit. Big screen TV in the bedroom and in the living room. There was a small kitchenette with a sink, dishwasher, dishes, a microwave and fridge, and it was off to the side of the room and didn't overpower the room. The beds were super comfy. The breakfast was very good with lots of hot items, donuts, fruits, and yogurt. The lady making the omelets was very fast even with the large crowd. The breakfast staff treated you like you were in a restaurant, filling your coffee, clearing your table, etc. All the hotel staff was so accommodating. The pool and hot tub are outside, but completely surrounded by the hotel. It had a fire pit and comfy sitting area. It was a cool evening, but the pool was nicely heated. The jets were weak on the hot tub, however. The hotel is attached to an outdoor mall that has beautiful walkways and flowers and lots of restaurants to just walk to. Everything went smoothly with our check in and check out. I would love to stay here again!

Room Tip: The King rooms have showers only. If you need a bathtub/shower instead of a shower only, just ask. T...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ParkDreamer
HhRichmondGM, Manager at HYATT House Richmond-West, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
ParkDreamer,

Thank you so much for such a great 5-Star review! Our entire team strives to make sure that everything is wonderful for each and every one of our guests and it is very encouraging to us all when we see that we succeeded! I am so glad you were able to not only enjoy our property, but also take advantage of our location and explore the Short Pump Town Center. I do hope we will have the opportunity to provide you with the same service during future visits!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed for 5 nights in a corner suite from May27- June1. This hotel is very clean, room was very spacious, great location and staff is very nice. Especially a big thank you to Daniel Mays who went above and beyond to help us out! Thank you to all who work there, we absolutely enjoyed out stay and hope to be back again!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Litwanna
Litwanna,

It was such a pleasure having you stay with us! I hope everything worked out with your applications! Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our hotel and everyone who works here. I am so glad to hear that you really enjoyed your stay, and I hope to be able to see you the next time you stay at Hyatt House Richmond West!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Great location behind the Short Pump Mall. Got a corner suite which was very large and very nice. Bathroom was extra large with a great walk in shower!
Morning buffet is included with the room and it was a great buffet with an omelet station and a great selection.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lolitac22
Lolitac22,

We here at Hyatt House Richmond West are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and property during your visit! We all take pride in the services we offer, especially our complimentary breakfast, and I am glad that you were able to take the time to enjoy it! I hope you will continue to choose to stay with us during future visits to Richmond, VA.

shorewood, illinois
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Fantastic stay from start to finish! Wonderful staff and terrific accommodations! Location very convenient to beautiful Short Pump Mall. We highly recommend this Hyatt House!! Great for business or pleasure trips!

• Stayed May 2014
HhRichmondGM, General Manager at HYATT House Richmond-West, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Mart16,

Wow! What an amazing review of our hotel! We are happy to hear that your stay was fantastic from the time that you arrived to the time that you left. Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff. We will make sure to pass along your feedback since we are sure that they would love to hear it. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our location in the Short Pump Mall. Our location provides a lot of opportunities to shop and dine, and we are so happy that you were able to take advantage of that. We appreciate your five star rating, and we hope that your travels will bring you back to visit again.

Warm Regards,