“Fair price, Great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #33 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Staunton, Va.
“Fair price, Great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

This hotel knows customer service!! After a brief call to "Mary" to determine availability,
we arrived to find a nicely remodeled place to spend the night. Mary was very accommodating
and helpful, the room was nice, quiet, and clean. The breakfast offered many choices and the entire staff was eager to please. This hotel was a nicer experience than many higher priced places we've stayed. Thank you!!

Room Tip: We just always ask for a quiet room and hope they assign us in an area with like-minded folks.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Morrisville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2012

I drive between the Raleigh and DC metro areas pretty frequently. On some occasions, maybe a night or two per year, splitting the drive north makes the trip much easier for me. Because of its convenient location, this place has become a "default" stop. It's not plush or glamorous, but this place gives me what I need. I usually pay with Choice Hotels bonus points, so I can't give much guidance on the value for the dollar here.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Beattyville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

Clean room, comfortable bed, microwave and fridge in the room. Average water pressure. This is the standard Sleep Inn room with the walk-in shower and no bathtub. Wi-fi worked well. Breakfast consisted of continental items, with the hot items including eggs and sausage patties. Biscuits & gravy would have been a nice addition.

Only real issue is that my keys did not work, and I had to go back downstairs to have them reprogrammed, but they worked fine after that. The parking lot seems to fill up fast, but there is plenty of parking. The motel is located behind a McDonald's and there is a small strip mall with some other restaurants adjacent. It's right off I-95, one exit south of the I-295 beltway.

Overall, I would recommend this facility to travelers along the I-95 corridor in Richmond.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Fredericksburg, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

Desk sticky and had to clean with white wash cloth which is now brown. Ironing board is broken. Banging noise in hall at 1:00 am. Shower door difficult to open and close. Non-smoking room smelled of smoke. Did not feel clean.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Norfolk, Va
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

We decided to book a room for the night so that we wouldn't have to make the drive back home to Norfolk after the race. Thankfully we did because the weather made the race go later than we expected. The staff was very polite and allowed us to do a late check-in since we were at the race and couldn't leave. Our room was very comfortable and clean. The hotel is right off the interstate and within walking distance to several places to eat. They offer a free breakfast which consists of your standard waffles, cereal, eggs and sausage, coffe and juices etc. It was good, just wish the dining space was a little larger because it was kind of hard to move around. I can't complain about the price because we used our hoice Hotel points and got a free night stay. We would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

Choice Hotel is not my usual choice of hotel chains, but for a quick get away, it was perfect! I've stayed at this property twice and was assigned the same room both time...pretty cool. This property was centrally located to everything needed and wanted including I-95 & I-295. Everything thing was clean and in working condition. Breakfast was decent...ok selection, waffle iron needed non-stick spray. Only, thing I could say was wrong was the elevator was a little smokey, but it wasn't like I was there to camp out overnight on the elevator. If my first choice of hotel is not available or resonably priced, I will most definately be a guest here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
toms river, new jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

Stay here with my wife while traveling to Myrtle
Beach from New Jersey. Price was OK and the free continental breakfast was good. Only bad thingg is that there are also smoking roos and you could smell smoke in the elevator. It was directly off of the interstate and good for a one night sleep over.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank peter194940
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Quality Inn West End
Quality Inn West End
#38 of 81 in Richmond
Red Roof Inn - Richmond South
BEST WESTERN PLUS Glen Allen Inn
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!