“Good place, good staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Alexandria, Virginia
“Good place, good staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

I stay here regularly when I visit relatives. The rooms are smallish but well laid out, clean and look modern with a bit of aging. They have nice big HDTVs in the rooms with cable and HBO & HBO2. They have fixed up the lobby and breakfast area in the past year and it looks modern and nice. Breakfast is decent, with fresh fruits, cereal, breads/pastries, yoghurt, sausages, waffles, but with cold hard boiled eggs, no hot eggs. They have free USA Today papers during the week. The staff are all very friendly and efficient. Only thing you have to watch out for is NASCAR race weekends, or some other events that fill the place up, and the breakfast area can be pretty packed on those days. They have a smoking floor. Location is good, close to I-95, with nearby shopping.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Was pleasantly surprised by this property. The other reviews are spot on. It is just a few minutes off of I-95. Yes, it is a little worn around the edges but CLEAN, comfy bed and pillows and looked like a brand new shower in our room. I liked that the sink was outside the shower area. The staff was friendly and efficient. We checked in at mid night on a saturday night and the front desk girl greeted us with a warm smile. We left 7am Sunday and the continental breakfast was enough to get us back on the road...juices, pastries, coffee, cereal and make your own waffles. Front desk asked if we needed directions to anywhere and had us on our way. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dallas, Tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

Very nice well appointed room and friendly helpful staff. Location is perfect and set in a small quiet shopping center with numerous restaurants within walking distance. Room wasn't ready due to NASCAR the day before but they upgraded me to a suite.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Burlington, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

The East Parham Sleep Inn is in a very convenient and highly accessible, just-north-of downtown Richmond location. I stayed because the hotel advertised in an interstate travel magazine. Room size is typical of the brand but the room was very clean and more quiet than I thought it might be. The morning breakfast was also better than I expected. The front desk clerk was friendly and helpful and there is a grocery store located with other stores in a plaza just behind the hotel if you need anything.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Dennis W
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I travel through Richmond every year and getting hotels are always a hassle. Sleep Inn was very good, particularly for the price. Comfy bed, speedy internet, I passed on the breakfast as usual. Right off the highway so I was in, crashed into bed, and was out onto I-95 the next morning. Recommend strongly for travellers who need a place for overnight on the way up and down the East Coast.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank archiphoto
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

I had a business trip to Richmond,Va at the end of June 2013 that I needed to go to. I did a computer search of the hotels in and around Richmond. All of the budget motels had bad reviews. It had been many years since staying in Richmond and did not know where to stay and I did not want to spend a fortune on a room. I am familiar with the I-95 area North of Richmond so I went there looking for a Motel that looked decent. I fount a Sleep Inn on the north side of Richmond just off I-95, I went in and talked with the Desk Person and he was very nice, and helpful, all looked good, so I decided to give it a try.

Best place I think I could have picked, Great room, King Bed, very comfortable,roomie, TV, Refrig. Coffee maker, Iron & board, Desk, and most important CLEAN. They also have breakfast there and Several places to eat in the area. Over all a Great place to stay and I highly recommend the Sleep inn on the North side of Richmond. Anytime I need to go back to Richmond, I will for sure stay at this Sleep Inn. I don't know anything about a pool as I was not interested but I did eat at a Mexican Restaurant across the driveway and it was excellent, all was most reasonable priced, especially for an older, retired, fixed income person like myself

Room Tip: The main thing for me when traveling is a nice clean room with a comfortable bed. This motel meet or...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Adwyre
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

We stayed here overnight. Stopped at a couple other places but they were either overpriced or booked. Showed up as a walk in and got a very reasonable rate. Did not feel taken advantage of. Hotel has 4 floors with elevator. It was clean and near a number of restaurants. There was no fridge or microwave, but we were only there one night, so it was fine. there is a microwave in breakfast nook you can use in a pinch. Staff were pleasant and professional. Free coffee and breakfast was nice. king sized bed was comfortable and clean. Nice stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Quality Inn West End
Quality Inn West End
#39 of 81 in Richmond
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
Red Roof Inn - Richmond South
BEST WESTERN PLUS Glen Allen Inn
#67 of 81 in Richmond
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!