“Really Dirty and Smelly”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #35 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I read many of the reviews that were posted on tripadvisor.com of this hotel. My experience was not even close to those reviews. Our room on the first level stinks. I mean that literally not figuratively. We are conditioner vans look like they haven't been clean since they were installed probably back in 1970's. The exhaust in the bathroom is equally disgusting. They're both covered in years of dirt build up. This level is supposed to be smoke free. In fact I think there is a sign saying the whole entire hotel should be smoke free but you can smell cigarette smoke fresh and old. If you have allergies or asthma like I do be sure to bring lots of Benadryl.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank travelbound46

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Stayed here while I was in town for the NASCAR race weekend in April. Hotel worked out great, location was perfect, track was easy in and easy out (away from 95 and 295). Hotel was very nice, clean and neat. Staff was very helpful. The juice machine and coffee was available 24/7. Food Lion was right around the corner for supplies. It was very race fan friendly and at a great rate. (booked 45 days out) As a runner, there was easy access to flat running areas. Internet was fast and bother verizon and sprint pones had 5 bars. Will come back in Fall.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MJonesPE
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I'd love to give this 3 1/2 stars if I could. If you're looking for simply a comfortable place to sleep, this is the place for you.

PROS: The property, rooms, and furnishings are on the older, worn, side but are clean. Bed was comfortable. There is a flat screen TV with good selection of channels, the internet was easy to hook up to and fast. Front desk was friendly entering and leaving.

It's along a relatively busy street, there is an immediate adjacent shopping center and restaurants but surprisingly there was no issue with noise. Don't know what breakfast was as I had to work early.

CONS: The AC/heating unit was noisy, shower took a bit to warn up. There is no computer/printer to use downstairs.

VERDICT: Good for business, overnight or thrifty traveler. For a hotel with indoor corridors you can't beat it at this rate. Wouldn't recommend for family or any person that needs plush amenities.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank archiphoto
Reviewed 7 March 2014

After a disaster near by re: a hotel room we "defected" to Sleep Inn on E. Parham and it was like moving to the Taj Mahal. Friendly service, very clean room, comfortable. Everything worked. Nice Italian restaurant adjacent to the hotel. Walmart across the road as well as Lowes. What a breath of fresh air compared to what we vacated. We stay there every year now.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Les S
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We were extremely happy with our overnight stay at this hotel. The staff were very welcoming. The room was very clean and nicely appointed. We had an excellent sleep in a comfortable bed. The hot continental breakfast offered with the stay was delicious with a good variety of food. Best of all was we used a coupon from the hotel discount book we picked up at the Virginia welcome center and paid only $39.99 plus taxes for our stay. What a great value!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet location.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda C
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed at the Sleep Inn in Richmond n February and I must say the rooms are very small but the service we received was very good. I expected mush more from the Sleep Inn but it was just for 2 nights..

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stayed there 2-22. Randall B.'s review was on the mark. The staff was very accommodating; I had asked for a roll away bed and it was in the room when I got there BUT if we used it it would have violated every fire code known to man. They did honor my request but I guess a roll away bed is only good in a king suite not a 2-queen suite. I had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends