“Easily Accessible, Clean, and Quiet”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #35 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We moved here after a poor experience in another part of the city. Hotel staff was very efficient and helpful with local information. Good continental breakfast. Quiet and clean. Rooms are well-lighted. Bathroom design is intriguing and makes great use of the room space. Grocery stores and many restaurants are within walking distance. An easy drive up the Interstate from downtown. Worth that drive for the quality of accommodations.

Room Tip: We chose to avoid the interstate out from downtown Richmond several times. The drive through the res...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 August 2014

On the way down to the Outer Banks stopped here for a one night stay. The room was super clean and had a great breakfast the next morning. Waffles, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, yogurts, danish, muffins cereals etc. Save even more money using the coupon from the Exit guide found at rest stops. Staff was friendly. No complaints. Lots of restaurants near by and we enjoyed Freida Mexican restaurant next door.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My stay at the Sleep Inn was a nice stay. I was indeed pleasantly surprised by how comfortable the bed was. My wife and I went to a more expensive hotel the next day as well as a cruise and we still felt that the bed in the Sleep Inn was the most comfortable bed we slept on our trip. The rates were reasonable and the complimentary breakfast not half bad.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I live in Portsmouth, VA and treated myself to a weekend getaway in Richmond, VA. I have stayed at Sleep Inns in Martinsburg, WV, Winchester, Va, and Roanoke, VA. I've always been pleased with the product of the brand and the reasonable rates. However, my stay in Richmond was less than satisfactory. When I arrived, I was greeted and welcomed warmly by John and a young woman at the front desk. Both were very hospitable and informative. They even recommended a very good Mexican restaurant within a short walking distance of the hotel. Unfortunately, I did not receive the same level of hospitality from the other Front Desk associates I encounter during the remainder of my stay. Other concerns: 1.My room was clean, but the carpet did not feel clean to my bare feet. 2.The A/C window unit was loud and never really kept the room evenly cool enough. 3.The water pressure in the shower was low, at best. 4.The toilet seat (not lid) wouldn't stay up on its own which is important for a man. ;-) 5.The hallways were always freezing. (I could have used some of that temp in my room.) 6.The one elevator was always hot, which was a nice change after being in the freezing hallway.

The immediate area in which the hotel is located, is a bit "rough" as were some of the guests, but for the Senior Rate of $65.00 a night, I guess it's true that you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: A room in a different hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Virginian1945
Reviewed 3 July 2014

So I have never stayed in a Sleep Inn before this trip. I grew up in Mechanicsville, which is 5 mins from the hotel. I don't live there anymore but I visit a lot because of friends and family. I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. The lobby was nice and the staff was great! The only problem we had was the A/C, but they took care of it! The room was nicer than I thought and the bed was great! The breakfast was hot and had a lot of choices! From the time I made the reservation to checking out, I had a great experience.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a room with a microwave and refrigerator.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Holly B
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We visited Richmond for the race and this hotel was very convenient to the location of the track. There was a slight smell in the lobby but the hotel was clean, the bed was super comfy and the staff was very friendly... especially the maid that was working the breakfast area. Would definitely stay again. The setup of the room and the items provided would be my only complaint as the bathroom door swung out at the sink so you had to watch out. There was also no shampoo or conditioner provided in the room... just a bar of soap. So bring your own!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 188rachaelc
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Made the mistake of staying at this Sleep Inn after having a wonderful experience at the Sleep Inn in North Carolina. This Sleep Inn was dirty and smelled smokey and musty. There were stains on the chairs and mold on the door frame in the bathroom and shower. Our air conditioner barely worked. I will NOT be staying at this motel again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank melissa t
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Red Roof Inn - Richmond South
Best Western Plus Glen Allen Inn
Quality Inn West End
Quality Inn West End
#46 of 82 in Richmond
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
Best Western Plus Governor's Inn

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!