“The Best Value for the Money in Richmond”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
Ranked #24 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 17 September 2011

You can easily spend more elsewhere, but you won't find better value for your money than you will get for an overnight at the Country Inn and Suites, I-64 in Richmond. The staff is exceedingly accommodating, the rooms are exceptionally clean and nicely appointed, the breakfast is usually a very hearty affair (eggs, sausage, waffles, oatmeal, fruit, great coffee, juice and all the high-carb pastries and cereal as well) with prices at or below most places around town. It is a bit hard to spot, tucked back behind the Quaker Steak and Lube and Hooters Restaurants, but well worth the effort to find. From here, you will find quick and easy access to everything you want in the Richmond area. As for local dining, I recommend a couple of great places to dine nearby (Comfort on Broad Street, Kuba Kuba, Cancan, La Palmera on Midlothian Turnpike, and Amuse (the restaurant on the 3rd floor of the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts)). Speaking of which, VMFA is an absolute must-see while here if you have time -- great venue and phenomenal permanent exhibits along with some spectacular touring events. Enjoy your time in Richmond -- something easily done if you base out of the I-64 Country Inn & Suites.

Room Tip: Room 309 is a nice suite if available. Check out a membership with CorpLodging as their rate with C...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank duffpilot
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2011

We appreciate your great comments about our hotel. We appreciate you staying with us, and we hope that your will stay with us again on future visits to the area. We strive to provide a safe, clean, and comfortable place for all of our guests. We are so happy to accommodate you. Thank for your mention of the nearby areas of interest.

Jump-start your day with our Richmond, Virginia hotel's complimentary "Be Our Guest" breakfast at Country Inn & Suites. The free breakfast features a rotating menu of hot items and a variety of your favorite foods, so there's something to please everyone. With our delicious complimentary breakfast and convenient location near great restaurants, guests at the Country Inn & Suites enjoy great dining during their stay.

Thank you again for your time!! We hope to see you again in Richmond!!!

Reviewed 31 August 2011

Needed lodging while on our way back north and opted for the Country Inn & Suites. Glad we did because our stay was perfect. We experienced a friendly staff, quiet room, clean room/lobby/halls, and a complimentary breakfast to top it off. There are many restaurants nearby (a few within walking distance) to choose from and not being too far from Kings Dominion (our next morning's stop) the hotel's location was perfect.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Kevin L
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2011

Thank you for your great comments about our hotel. We appreciate them and we will pass them on to our staff. They really appreciate when they hear that they made your stay great!!!! We are glad you enjoyed your breakfast!!!

Thanks again for your time and we hope to see you again in Richmond!!!

Reviewed 25 August 2011

This hotel is numero uno. They really know how to provide stellar customer service. The hotel is very clean and the breakfast food was fresh, hot and tasteful. We will always stay here when traveling in the Richmond area. Country Inn you have a fan!
M. Lytle

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank miklytle

Thank you for your great comments. Our number one priority is to provide great customer service to all of our guests!!! We are so happy that we did that for you. We hope that you will come stay with us again!!!!! We are going to pass these great comments on to our staff!! They always appreciate it when they hear they did a great job!!1

Thanks again for your comments!!! We hope to see you again in Richmond!!!

Reviewed 24 August 2011

As a fellow CIS employee, I was very impressed with everything at this property. The public areas were clean and bright, the service was wonderful, and the room was so comfortable! This will definitely become my go-to hotel whenever I'm in the Richmond area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your great comments!!! We are very glad to be your go to hotel!!! We would love to accommodate you again in the future!!! We also provide a great breakfast for our guest!! We hope that you will have breakfast next time!!!

Thanks again for your comments!! We hope to see you again in Richmond!

Reviewed 18 August 2011

Nice room, clean room, friendly staff; those statements are a major understatement. The "hot breakfast" let's just say that I have never had biscuits and gravy, just right hot oatmeal, eggs, etc. on a self-service breakfast nook in my life. This was a very welcomed site when I came down for my early morning dash and run... Needless to say I did not run, I stayed relaxed and was happy. I had a very unexpected scheduling conflict and could not check out as planned, late meeting on a Sunday but no where for my teenage son to stay. The desk clerk called the GM and asked permission for me to have the room until mid-afternoon, they gave it to me at no extra cost. AMAZING. Exercise room was nice and clean and so was the pool but we did not use them.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad we could accommodate you with your late check out. We will pass your comments on to our staff.

As one of the best hotels in Richmond, Virginia, we offer all the services and amenities guests expect and deserve. Take the family for a swim in our pool, work out in our Fitness Center or stay connected with our Business Center. If you need to catch a flight, we will arrange transportation to the airport. The top-notch services at the Country Inn & Suites Richmond, VA hotel won't disappoint!

Thanks again and we hope to see you again in Richmond!!!

Reviewed 16 August 2011

We have stayed at many hotels along 95 on our way to and from Florida. This is an above average, clean hotel, and it is near just about any kind of restaurant you would want. We will stay here again, I'm sure.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We greatly appreciated your comments. We hope you will stay with us again on future travels.

Located just off I-64, the Country Inn & Suites Richmond, VA hotel is only a few minutes from historic downtown. For added convenience, our hotel is also just 15 minutes from the University of Richmond and also near Virginia Commonwealth University. If you want to explore the area, Country Inn & Suites is convenient to several exciting local attractions, including Kings Dominion and the Short Town Pump Center.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again in Richmond!!

Reviewed 13 August 2011

We stayed here for one night. The reason: It was rated #5 in Richmond and the price was right. The negatives: You're at the very opposite end of Richmond, away from all of the historical sites. The walls are paper thin. We could hear everything in the next room - if you stay here, hope you don't get a room next to little kids. Spend the extra money and stay at the Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank eaglesclaw121

Thank you for your comments about our hotel. We will be looking in to your concerns. We apologize that you were not satisfied with your stay.

Thank you again for your time.