“A little hard to find, but worth the effort!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
Ranked #24 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A little hard to find, but worth the effort!”
Reviewed 12 November 2011

The hotel is set back from the main drag, so it is not readily visible from the street. We spent two night there recently on a working vacation. Normally we use Holiday Inn's, but the rates were attractive and decided to give them (CI) a try. It turned out to be a pleasant surprise! We could not have asked for more. It get's my best bang for the buck seal of approval!!
WGR, PhilaPA
PS.
Us Yankees are not use to cafeteria style eating, however another nice find was Picadilly's across the lot from the inn. A nice change of pace.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, 13 November 2011
Thanks for your great comments about our hotel. We will pass all of your great comments on to our staff. They always like to hear when they are doing a good job. The guest experience is our number one priority.

Thanks for your time. We hope that you will come stay with us again!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed 6 November 2011

The beds were comfortable & the room was - roomy enough. But- during the bedbug check, we found crumbs & other dirt on the box spring (only pushed the mattress a bit to check- we didn't remove the whole mattress!). Also found dirt behind the bed. But quite clean under the headboard. And no bedbugs.

Pleased to have a little refrigerator & microwave. Not as impressed with the "Fantastic" breakfast. It was as ok as most extended continental breakfasts. But the pre-made eggs looked strange. I stuck with (watery) oatmeal, but still better than instant oatmeal from envelopes.
The noise, however, was an issue. Perhaps we were just unlucky to hear alot of noise over our heads (kids running around?) and about 5 loudly slamming doors close by, around midnight. After that, it was quiet. Front desk staff person was friendly enough.
Nice that they have a lending library in the lobby.

Room Tip: Maybe stay on the top floor & you won't hear people running around over your head.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Denaf
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, 9 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize for the condition your room was in. We have passed these concerns on to the management and they are currently looking in to the situation. We are also looking into your concerns about the breakfast. Thank you for providing us with these concerns. We use these comments to provide a better guest experience for you and for future guests.

Thanks again for your comments. We hope that you will consider us again on future visits to the area.
Washington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Very nice hotel. New looks nice from outside as well as inside. Easy to find and few minutes drive from loads of eating places. Reception spacious and helpful friendly staff with cookies and coffee. Room big with 2 beds, and small table and chair, very clean. Had fridge, microwave and flat screen TV. Free WIFI. Has pool. Breakfast VERY nice, sausage, eggs, fruit, yoghurts, toast and muffins. Very good value. Would stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
We really appreciate your great comments about our hotel. Thanks for reviewing our hotel. We will be passing these comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. We strive as a hotel to provide a great guest experience for everyone. Thank you for staying with us.

Thanks again for your time. We hope that you will come see us again, during future visits to the area.
Scottsville, Virginia
Reviewed 2 November 2011

My wife and I stay in Richmond regularly. We've stayed at just about every hotel in the area. The Country Inn & Suites ranks at the top of our list. The front desk is friendly, the check-in is quick. The guest area, dining area, halls and rooms were VERY CLEAN and VERY QUIET. Our room rate always averages about 40% lower than the other chain hotels in the area and the BREAKFAST "WOW!!!" is 100% BETTER. They offer eggs, waffles, bacon and homefries (not to mention many other options) as well as various choices of coffee, tea and juice. I would highly recommend this establishment if you are staying in the Richmond area. You will not be disappointed. We definately plan on staying again and again.

Room Tip: The rooms have always been clean, comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your comments about our breakfast. We will pass all of your comments on to our staff. They always like to hear when they are doing a good job. Thanks for staying with us.

Thanks again for the review. We hope that you will come stay with us again, on future visits to the area.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I wasn't expecting much of this place, but it was a good deal online and pretty much all the Country Inn & Suites I've seen look new (less than 5-10 years old), which is a major plus in my book. This place didn't disappoint. Clean, big screen TV. Breakfast was ok. There were a few hot food selections each morning that seemed to be of the microwave quality: sausage, "eggs," dry hash browns w/salsa from a jar. The ready-made oatmeal and do it yourself waffle iron were pluses. I don't give this place 5 stars, because one time I went in and there was no one at the front desk, which concerned me a little about security. I was awakened around 6am from some baby crying and people making noise in the hallway. The bathroom sink was unusually small and installed all the way to one side of the counter. The area is in an old suburban part of town, with lots of chain restaurants and run-down shopping plazas. I hope to not be in that area again, but I would recommend this chain overall.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, 23 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to reviw our hotel. Security at our hotel is very important to us. We have passed these concerns on to our management and we are currently working on this issue.

Thanks again for your time. We hope that you will come stay with us again real soon.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 September 2011

My husband and I have stayed twice in this hotel and we will definitely stay again! I must tell you, all the staff we have come in contact with are nice. They go out of their way to be nice and helpful. Both times we have stayed the room has been clean, the continental breakfast is awesome, check-in and check-out process is super fast and easy, easy to navigate through the hotel, convient location right off a major road, ammenities in the room are adequate, and they even have a Library with complimentary magazines!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, 2 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments are greatly appreciated. We will take your comments and pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate when they hear they are doing a great job. Thanks for the mention of our breakfast. We are glad that you enjoyed it.

We hope that you will consider us again on future visits to Richmond!!! Thanks again for your comments.
Temple Hills, Maryland
Reviewed 24 September 2011

The hotel staff were very professional. The room was clean and a nice size. And the hotel is located right off of the main road. Everything was so close, which is great thing! I will stay here again upon my return to Richmond.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, 27 September 2011
Thanks for your comments about our hotel. We appreciate your thoughts and will pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate when they hear good comments. We are very glad to hear if you visit Richmond again that you will come stay with us. You are always welcome to stay with us!!

Ideally located off of I-64 and just minutes from historic downtown, the Country Inn & Suites Richmond, VA hotel offers guests comfortable accommodations and signature Southern hospitality.

Thanks again for your comments. We hope to see you again in Richmond!!!