“Great Place to Stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
Ranked #25 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel from January 31 through February 8 and again from Feruary 10 throgh February 12 when our son was at the VCU Medical Center in critical condition with life threatening injuries. We could not have been happier with the hotel and kindness of the staff as we progressed through this difficult time. Ken, Zakiya, and Peter at the front desk were wonderful and fullfilled all of our needs. They truly are the best. The hotel is very clean and this was the third hotel that we stayed in during our time in Richmond.This was our home away from during a long and difficult time. The breakfast is good and includes some protein and hot dishes. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. We will continue to return to the Country Inn when we visit our son in Richmond.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank teritique
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64

Reviewed 23 January 2012

We recently stayed at the Country Inn & Suites at 8010 Broad Street off 64 and had a wonderful experience. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was excellent. We love the location of this hotel for proximity to restaurants and shopping when we are visiting family in Richmond. After a long day it is nice to come home to a clean and comfortable room. Pool and excercise room are great and towels are out at the pool. Plan on coming back at Thanksgiving if not before.

Carl & Diane Miller

Room Tip: Have stayed on first and second floors and rooms were quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Diane M
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2012

Dear Diane M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all of the comments you have made about your stay. We will pass these comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thanks again. We look forward to your future stays t our hotel.

Thank again for your time. See you next time.

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64

Reviewed 13 January 2012

The room was nice and spacious with a roomy bathroom as well. The room was also very clean and neat. The room had a nice desk and lots of table top space between the end tables and the TV/dresser area. The price was absolutely one of the best in the area. Also, the breakfast brunch was much better than I expected. Make your own waffles, sausage, home fries, and fried eggs were all on the menu; plus the usual suspects of cereal, fruit, oatmeal, and yogurt. The worker assigned to the breakfast area was also very nice and attentive as I was making my waffle.

Now, for the couple of areas of improvement. The exercise area has two treadmills. One of which the belt is flat out overstretched and not safe for running on. The other doesn't accurately tell you how fast you are running (my wife was walking at what the treadmill said was 6mph). The weights machine did look nice, but I never had a chance to use it. Another thing that needs improvement was the TV picture in the room. It was snowy and looked like a picture from a cable that was spliced a few too many times. The final thing I did want to say was that the front desk staff seemed none to interested in the fact that we chose to stay there. I mentioned a deal that I had missed, and I got a very obligatory "Oh well." I wasn't expecting the deal to be reoffered, but a simple "That's too bad, some of our deals can be very good," or similar response would have been nice.
All in all, I give the place 4 stars because the value can't be beat and the rooms were large, spacious, and clean. I knocked off the 5th star for the areas mentioned above.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BrewmeisterB
Reviewed 20 December 2011

Took whole family for Tacky Lights tour. Needed 3 nice rooms at a good price. This place exceeded our expectations in every way!

• Stayed: December 2011
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that we could accommodate you and your family during the Tacky Lights tour. We appreciate your comments. We will pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job.

Thanks again for your time. We hope that you and your family will return in the future.

Reviewed 20 November 2011

Not only is the hotel economically the best in the area, it is clean and the staff goes above and beyond in their approach to their clients. The breakfast buffet has a nice selection and the pool, workout area and rooms are clean. My family has stayed here for the past 2 years and will continue to give them our business.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very happy that you are a repeat guest!!! we appreciate all of your comments. Thank you for commenting about your breakfast. We will pass all of your comments on to our staff. They always appreciate when the do a good job. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay.

Thanks again for your time. We look forward to your stay in the future.

Reviewed 15 November 2011

Very nice hotel. The staff was very friendly and made you feel very welcome. Rooms were exceptionally clean as was the whole hotel. The breakfast choices are great! Cant say enough about this Country Inn and Suites.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you for the great comments about our staff. We will pass them on to them. They always like to hear when they do a good job. We are glad that you enjoyed your breakfast. We strive to make every guest experience the best.

Thanks again for your time. We hope to see you again really soon.

Reviewed 15 November 2011

The hotel was very clean. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were the cleaniest I have seen in a while. The front desk person was very helpful with assisting me in getting a last minute reservation and getting a rollway. I have nothing but good things to say about this location. I would stay there again. I was in that area for a soccer tournament.
I have nothing but good things to say about the hotel.
JT in Ch'ville, VA

Room Tip: We were on the front of the hotel. There was no street noise from Broad St.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends

Thank your for providing us with the review. We hope the soccer tournament was enjoyable. We are very happy to accommodate you anytime. Thanks for your great comments about our staff. We will pass this on to them. They always like to hear when they are doing a good job.

Thanks again for your time. We hope that you will come see us again real soon!!!