“Courteous front desk and good location in Richmond” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
Ranked #22 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Columbus, Ohio
“Courteous front desk and good location in Richmond”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

We are members of Carlson's travel club and enjoy Country Inn & Suites. The room was just fine. The bathroom shower curtain was torn and needed to be replaced. The breakfast area was very crowded and was extremely hot, for being in the month of December. We tried to open one of the two doors in the dining area which opened to the lobby, but the door would not open.

The people who work at the front desk (two young ladies) were very nice and helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear TWEETYCCC,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We really appreciate all of your feedback. We appreciate all of your comments and concerns. We appreciate you telling us about the shower curtain and the breakfast room. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. We are really sorry that you were not completely satisfied. We take guest feedback very seriously. It allows us to make changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Sincerely
Country Inn & Suites Richmond West

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

I loved my room. The furnishings and decor were tasteful and the room itself was cozy and in great shape. The bed was very comfortable. My sleep was disturbed by the sound of smoke alarms blaring. I called the desk and they told me someone burnt toast in the toaster in the hotel's lobby. The alarms went on and on and then the fire department showed up and were testing the alarms and it went back on again. Needless to say by this time I was wide-awake as exhausted as I was and couldn't get back to sleep and still had a long drive ahead of me in the morning. A toaster three floors down shouldn't set the whole building's alarms off. Something should be done to prevent this from happening ever again. It's truly a lovely hotel but they have to fix this problem. I had no trouble getting an internet connection. My laptop found the connection right away and it was up and running surfing the internet within minutes. The hotel is very convenient to I-95 and close to many restaurants.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors or a room not facing the bar/restaurant across the parking lot will be quiet...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Sandygirl2225,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. Thank you for telling us your concerns about the smoke alarms in the hotel. We are sorry that you sleep was disturbed. We will pass this valuable feedback on to our staff. We are very sorry for any inconvenience that you were caused. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you may consider us again in the future.

West Chester, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel during the December holiday season as a night stop while my drive from NC to PA.
I booked the hotel just 2 hrs before my Check-In and it was quite convenient via their website.
I was exhausted and wanted a quiet room and was provided one during Check-In. The front-desk was courteous and pleasant to work with. Given a holiday time , the hotel was very well managed and appeared to be quiet and peaceful.
The room was clean and neat , the bathroom was spacious and clean , bed was comfortable and the linens were clean and smelled good.
The Lobby and walkway are clean and smell good.
Morning breakfast is really filling and is included in the fare.
The location is very good , right on the Broad Street where lots of restaurants and shops are available if anyone staying there for more time.
Overall a good experience

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Prasad T,

Thank you for telling us about your visit during the holiday season. We appreciate all of your valuable feedback. We will let you the staff know about your comments. We strive to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again during future visits to the area.

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights in December. The hotel was rather hard to find, my Garmin doesn' recognize the address and it's hidden from the road side with only a small sign to help. Best way is to look for the Quality Inn next door. Staff were low key and courteous. Our room had probably been recently decorated and was very clean with all the expected amenities. Unfortunately it was located close to the pool which stayed open late to the delight of noisy children. The free breakfast aimed to meet current expectations with hot food selections changing daily. It disappointed in that supply could not meet demand for fresh fruit, cups, etc. The location is a few miles from tourist destinations and downtown but this is offset by free parking.

Room Tip: Stay away from pool on first floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Tony,

Thank you for the review about your stay. We really value all guest feedback. Thank you for telling us your feedback about the breakfast service and the pool. We are very sorry if your were not completely satisfied with the those two areas of the hotel. We use guest feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Stow, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

A little rough around the edges in a few areas but its due for a remodeling. It was clean everywhere I looked , a plus these days anywhere. The room was fine except for drapes that didnt fully cover window on a ground floor room and sink had low water pressure. The rest of the room was fine . The staff was excellent both a check-in and check-out.
The breakfast was great , food was hot and maybe one of the freshest meals I've had at any Country Inn.

Room Tip: The rear ground floor room we had was very quiet despite being only a few doors from the lobby and f...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear 262Dave,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay. We are very sorry that you were not completely satisfied. We will pass this valuable feedback on to our staff. We use feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better. We are so glad that you and your family stayed with us. We are also glad that you enjoyed the breakfast service. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future

Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

This hotel is one of the cheapest ones in Richmond' West End; however, just because it's cheap, it doesn't mean that the amenities or service are. They offer free wifi and free full breakfast for all rooms, it has a very clean and nice indoor pool, and it has a small but clean gym. The front desk attendant was also super helpful especially since I was a very late check-in. My only complaint and it's really very subjective is that my bed was a little hard bordering on almost a bit uncomfortable. However, the previous times I have stayed at this hotel, it hasn't been an issue so I believe it must have been the bed in that particular room.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Oompa03,

Thank you for telling us about your recent visit. We appreciate all of your comments about the hotel. We are very sorry that you felt your bed was not comfortable. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. Thank you so much for your feedback. It helps us make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Richmond
Jarrell, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Everything about our stay was excellent. From the customer service at check-in, to the fresh-baked cookies, to being able to upgrade rooms without any problem, to the comfort of the bed, to the cleanliness of the bathroom, to the breakfast in the morning, everything was great. I, along with everyone traveling with me, would gladly stay at this location again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear mdiv2001,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really value all guest feedback. We hope you and your family enjoyed you time in Richmond. We will pass this great feedback on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing great things about their service. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.